Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:42:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey we can use the term see defination 2 [url]dictionary.reference.com/search?q=nigger[/url]:

nig·ger    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (ngr)
n. Offensive Slang

1. Used as a disparaging term for a Black person: “You can only be destroyed by believing that you really are what the white world calls a nigger” (James Baldwin).
        2. Used as a disparaging term for a member of any dark-skinned people.
  2. Used as a disparaging term for a member of any socially, economically, or politically deprived group of people: “Gun owners are the new niggers... of society” (John Aquilino).

edit for source.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:44:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No sir!!!!!!!!!  Not at all.  Nigger is not a color........it's a lifestyle.
View Quote

Bingo.

Like white trash.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:55:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Who gives a shit if you are a racist? It aint a crime.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:59:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
regardless your heritage is not something you can change, or something you can pick.
So to single that out among all their other traits... yes that makes you a racist.
View Quote

Neither is height, ugliness, disability, baldness, etc.  I would just as quickly jump on one of those weaknesses given the same situation.  Why is it that race is somehow a more protected weakness?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#5]
And no offense, but it appears that you are trying to fish for justification (or get us to approve of your justification) of your racist beliefs, whether or not you really do hold such ideas.  At least, in the one-dimensional world of cyberspace, that is how it appears.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:05:00 AM EDT
[#6]
everyone is a racist!!!
Sorry but I don't buy into the African American BS You are ether an Amercan or your not!!!
BIG[pyro]
[pyro]
[pyro]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:06:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No sir!!!!!!!!!  Not at all.  Nigger is not a color........it's a lifestyle.
View Quote

Bingo.

Like white trash.
View Quote

The word "nigger", in the [b]Pale_Pony[/b] dictionary, means [red] ANYONE, regardless of race, color, or national origin, [/red]who would rather wallow in their own ignorance and self-pity than to work to rise above their current position and better themself.

This means those who would rather denegrate someone who used the word [b]Niggardly[/b] because they are too ignorant to know the true meaning of the word and are too lazy to get out the dictionary and look up the meaning themself. It's easier to point fingers and accuse someone else than it is to do something about it yourself. It's too easy to say [b]You put this on ME and I can't rise above it, so YOU owe ME![/b]

Kenneth Hamblin, a well known black commentator, has said words to the effect that IT IS THE WHITE MAN'S FAULT for the condition of the [u]poor[/u] black man because it is the white (liberal) who says "You're too poor and stupid to take care of yourself. Here, let me provide for you" rather than to make him get up off his ass and do something about it.

That being said, by it's purest definition, I hate ALL niggers, regardless of their race, color or national origin. And to the same, I regard the honest and hard working person, regardless of sex, race, color or national origin to be my equal.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:28:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:35:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:47:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Does using the "N" word make you a racist?

Don't know and don't care. I don't burn crosses on anyone's lawn and I don't paint swastikas on anyone's door. I associate with my own kind on my own time. In business I am color blind, both with employees and customers. Green ( the color of money) is all I see. If someone prefers not to associate with me because I am white on their own time that is fine with me. Don't bother to flame the post because I don't give a rat's ass what you think, anyway.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 12:34:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Neither is height, ugliness, disability, baldness, etc.  I would just as quickly jump on one of those weaknesses given the same situation.  Why is it that race is somehow a more protected weakness?
View Quote

Then you are, just as quickly, a horse's patootie!  [:D]
(Hint: I'm being kind.)

[devil]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 12:57:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Some of you really need to read the whole damn thread.  Ordinarily I wouldn't even reply to people that haven't bothered to do that, but I'm bored, and the workday is almost over, so I'll make an exception.

Ed & Bill (and whoever else), you're not paying attention.  This is not a case of just walking up to someone and jumping their shit for no apparent reason.  This is not about a response to someone accidentally running over your foot with their buggy at the grocery store.  This is not about a response to someone taking your parking space at the mall.

Everyone can get to a point where they will feel the need to insult someone.  Whether it be one of the above scenarios, or that person fucking your wife, or kicking your dog, or fucking YOU, or whatever.  Everyone's threshold is different.  I may fly off the handle from someone bumping into me at a bar, while you may have a higher tolerance and have to be intentionally physically harmed by that person. Whatever that threshold is, assume you've reached that point for the purposes of this thread.  You've gotten to that point that you would normally call someone a shithead, asshole, fuckwad, dickhead, piece of shit, or whatever other insult you want to come up with (horse's patootie?).  Now, given that circumstance, would you use a term that was disparaging of something that the person had no control over?  If they were a gimp, or black, or short, or bald, or whatever?  And do you see any difference in calling someone a "chrome dome midget bastard" than calling them a "nigger"?

And Ed, you're right, I'm not looking for anyone to validate my opinion, or change it, or change me.  I really don't give a flying fuck one way or the other.  I'll continue on doing what I chose to do before I started this thread.  But, I'm still interested to know what other people think.  And it also doesn't mean I'm not interested in stirring up a little debate.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:09:50 PM EDT
[#13]
95thfoot was right when he said:

"In truth, if people were polite and considerate, NEITHER of you would dream of saying that, because it is a low class word that denigrates both the target and the speaker."

Even if someone wrongs you, you should try to take the high road and not descend to their level.

More to the point, saying a word does not make you anything. However, the N word is the single strongest word in a white racist's vocabulary. Why emulate the speech of such low lifes? It reflects badly on YOU when you use it. After all, there are so many more colorful and creative ways to insult someone, that falling back on that one is pretty weak.

White racists are small-minded petty assholes who think their shit doesn't stink just because of the color of their skin. I will not associate with them or people who sound like them by adopting thier language; life is too short to spend it around assholes, and as far as I am concerned if you sound like an asshole that's close enough for me, and I'm outta there.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:59:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
regardless your heritage is not something you can change, or something you can pick.
So to single that out among all their other traits... yes that makes you a racist.
View Quote

View Quote

I don't think it's a case of protected "weakness". To them it probably isn't a weakness at all,

My point being that I would much rather (and am probably more likely to) dog on someone, for personality traits then inherited traits.

I just refuse to use racial slurs at any time,
in any place, but that's just my decision.

and in all honesty I would probably look different at someone who used them around me.

I dated a girl for a while that was a straight up bigot. I ended up realizing that she was just stupid, and everything she spouted was completely unfounded bullsh*t that her stupid father had ingrained.

sucks too cause she was cute,
but I couldn't hang like that.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 2:53:33 PM EDT
[#15]
AR15.com is fucked up to let this thread go on like this!
I posted a topic much like the one quoted here, and discussed gun owners as "NIGGERS".
How was my topic ay different?
Simple - DOUBLE FUCKING STANDARD.
In fact, it was Ed Sr. that killed my thread before, almost instantly.

Quoted:
Hey we can use the term see defination 2 [url]dictionary.reference.com/search?q=nigger[/url]:

nig·ger    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (ngr)
n. Offensive Slang

1. Used as a disparaging term for a Black person: “You can only be destroyed by believing that you really are what the white world calls a nigger” (James Baldwin).
        2. Used as a disparaging term for a member of any dark-skinned people.
  2. Used as a disparaging term for a member of any socially, economically, or politically deprived group of people: “Gun owners are the new niggers... of society” (John Aquilino).

edit for source.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 3:18:01 PM EDT
[#16]
[img]http://home.wi.rr.com/antigov/card14-small.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 3:39:27 PM EDT
[#17]
My opinion is that using the word "nigger," in any context, does not make one a racist. The word itself is just slang; a colloquialism, if you will. The problem with the word is that it has, in the past, been adopted by particularly racist persons and groups, so much so that the word, when uttered, instantly aligns the utterer with the deep-seeded racist groups that purloined the word.

An irrational fear or hatred of other races is what makes one a racist, not the language one uses. Witness:

Example 1: "Africans are sub-human mud people."
Example 2: "That nigger's got a nice lawn."

I see that one of the above examples is clearly a racist statement, inasmuch as it is a falsehood meant only to disparage a particular race based purely on one's irrational and unsubstantiated hatred of that race. I see the other as merely an example of American English colloquial speech. It's not about the words; it's about the motivation to use the word.

In [b]norman74[/b]'s offered example, when a person pisses you off and you scream "Hey, nigger!" as an open exclamation, I for one do not see that usage as being particularly racist. The word, though, does have maximum effect, much more so than, say, dago, spic, Mick, beaner, cracker, kike, fag, cunt, bitch or any number of colorful words, but only because, as I offered before, the word was pretty much used as a trademark to identify racist extremists in the past.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#19]
This is a question for Randall Kennedy, the author of the book "Nigger", just to let you know, he's BLACK.[8D]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:36:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:44:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:07:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
And Ed, you're right, I'm not looking for anyone to validate my opinion, or change it, or change me.  I really don't give a flying fuck one way or the other.  I'll continue on doing what I chose to do before I started this thread.  But, I'm still interested to know what other people think.  And it also doesn't mean I'm not interested in stirring up a little debate.
View Quote

OK, I'll give you my fair and honest (and paying attention) opinion. Using the "n" word is racist as far as I am concerned and if you use it I would consider your use of it as racist and you as a racist. I don't use it, period.  You, of course, will do as you see fit. You will also, of course, have to answer for for any consequences (good or bad) from such use. Such is life.

[devil]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#23]
I dont use the N word much, I try to use less offensive words like colored, tar babies, and cotton pickers.

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Niggers come in all colors.
AB
View Quote

We have a WINNER!!!!!!!

My sentiments exactly.

Wurd to yo mutha
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#25]
[;)]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top