BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:34:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Some (libs) would say those who own guns are bloodthirsty barbaric types eager to kill and whatnot.

I say, that the opposite is true. A gun is a gentleman's possession.

Can you provide arguments that would support that?

(Edited because I misspelled argument - confessed spelling nazi)

I hold doors. I speak in clean language. I allow my elders and those of the fairer sex ahead of me in lines. I call people by Maam and Sir. I show everyone I can enormous respect and treat them with dignity.

I do this while armed, usually. I even pray while armed....

So no, posessing a firearm does not turn me into a great slobbering barbarian.

I actually detest violence. Killing another human being is the most un-necessary thing a person can do. If people would simply respect one another's rights and property, there would never be a need for any kind of violence.

So in all frankness, I would rather not ever be in a fight in my life. But if some knucle dragging cretin is bound and determined to have one with me, I will do what I must to survive. I do not wish to harm another man in any way, but if it is a choice between someone who has chosen to live their lives against the rights of others and myself of a loved one, that person has to go. I will not attend the funeral of an innocent person merely because some hoodlum decides he wants to victimize the innocent.

I don't necessarily want him dead, and I would pray earnestly for his soul, but if a man chooses to act like a beast then he cannot be suprised when he gets shot like one...

If this makes me a barbarian in the eyes of some limp-wristed milk-toast liberal, then so be it. They can choose to be gentlemanly food all day long. I will not. It has been my experience that liberals are rude, self-absorbed ninnys anyhow, who are weak and cowardly and too selfish to fight, which is why they have universal hatred for anyone that would. It tends to cast a poor light on their supposed morality when they know that at the moment when it counts most to take action they are least likely to do so....
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:44:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Some (libs) would say those who own guns are bloodthirsty barbaric types eager to kill and whatnot.

I say, that the opposite is true. A gun is a gentleman's possession.

Can you provide arguments that would support that?

(Edited because I misspelled argument - confessed spelling nazi)

I hold doors. I speak in clean language. I allow my elders and those of the fairer sex ahead of me in lines. I call people by Maam and Sir. I show everyone I can enormous respect and treat them with dignity.

I do this while armed, usually. I even pray while armed....

So no, posessing a firearm does not turn me into a great slobbering barbarian.

I actually detest violence. Killing another human being is the most un-necessary thing a person can do. If people would simply respect one another's rights and property, there would never be a need for any kind of violence.

So in all frankness, I would rather not ever be in a fight in my life. But if some knucle dragging cretin is bound and determined to have one with me, I will do what I must to survive. I do not wish to harm another man in any way, but if it is a choice between someone who has chosen to live their lives against the rights of others and myself of a loved one, that person has to go. I will not attend the funeral of an innocent person merely because some hoodlum decides he wants to victimize the innocent.

I don't necessarily want him dead, and I would pray earnestly for his soul, but if a man chooses to act like a beast then he cannot be suprised when he gets shot like one...

If this makes me a barbarian in the eyes of some limp-wristed milk-toast liberal, then so be it. They can choose to be gentlemanly food all day long. I will not. It has been my experience that liberals are rude, self-absorbed ninnys anyhow, who are weak and cowardly and too selfish to fight, which is why they have universal hatred for anyone that would. It tends to cast a poor light on their supposed morality when they know that at the moment when it counts most to take action they are least likely to do so....

Good post.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#3]
"It is the duty of a gentleman to know how to ride, to shoot, to fence, to box, to swim, to row and to dance. He should be graceful. If attacked by ruffians, a man should be able to defend himself, and also to defend women from their insults."

Rules of Etiquette and Home Culture. 1886
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:49:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
"It is the duty of a gentleman to know how to ride, to shoot, to fence, to box, to swim, to row and to dance. He should be graceful. If attacked by ruffians, a man should be able to defend himself, and also to defend women from their insults."

Rules of Etiquette and Home Culture. 1886

People back then got it right the first time.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:54:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Very much a very polite and careful gentleman.  On occasion, I have even cautioned MiZ LWilde to remember she is a lady and that I am packing so as to avoid any chance of a confrontation.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:58:28 PM EDT
[#6]
A gentleman in life and a barbarian on my wallet.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top