Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:24:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Honest question.   So, do you think you are actually making a difference for freedom?  Or are you that worried about being armed in Niagra or DC?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I do the same thing OP.

Wife and I went on a 6000 mile driving trip from Florida out through several Western states and back a few years ago.  I checked the laws to make sure I would be legal carrying for each state prior to the trip.

She originally wanted to go to Niagara Falls, Washington D.C and up that way at first.   No way with their anti-gun laws.

Honest question.   So, do you think you are actually making a difference for freedom?  Or are you that worried about being armed in Niagra or DC?

Had nothing to do with making a difference (although they didn't see any of my vacation dollars).     I was worried about not being able to take a weapon with me for self defense.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:26:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Fuck yes.  And cities.

Everything North of PA, Everything North of KY, Everything W of AZ, Also Maryland.  Plus DC, Philly, Atlanta, Charlotte, Houston, Dallas, shit the list is too big.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some threads make me wonder if I am the only hard liner.  I refuse to visit, or travel through any state (or Country) who would prohibit me from carrying a gun for self defense, or would restrict in anyway what I can carry for that purpose.  I consider the right of self defense (and beating arms for that defense) to be not just a basic fundamental Constitutional, and Civil Right, but a basic, and fundamental Human Right as well, so I refuse to go anywhere that does not recognize that right.  Who else black lists states?

SNIP

Does anyone else takhard hard line?

Fuck yes.  And cities.

Everything North of PA, Everything North of KY, Everything W of AZ, Also Maryland.  Plus DC, Philly, Atlanta, Charlotte, Houston, Dallas, shit the list is too big.

Ohio has better gun laws than South Carolina according to the Brady Bunch which rates your state higher than mine.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:28:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Maryland can eat a dick.

When we have to drive through it to visit family in PA I fuel up in VA or PA and don't stop in MD.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:31:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Knock yourself out.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#7]
That's a good list of where I would never live.  Except I'd live in New Hampshire.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:34:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Driving from Atlanta to Omaha, I diverted to avoid Illinois
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:38:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Uh, you live in Michigan and denigrate New Hampshire?  New Hampshire's firearm laws are less restrictive than Michigans last I checked.
View Quote

NH is literally landlocked by regional fucktardation.
You can't get there, without becoming a criminal, or surrendering your natural rights.
It ain't your states fault.

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That's a point against, but Texas is actually on my "wouldn't mind moving to list".  The no Open Carry sucks, but my main issue is possibly interpreting that in a way that could get me arrested for accidental printing, or momentary exposure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't forget TX. You can't OC here, so we suck.

That's a point against, but Texas is actually on my "wouldn't mind moving to list".  The no Open Carry sucks, but my main issue is possibly interpreting that in a way that could get me arrested for accidental printing, or momentary exposure.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the law specifically protects you in the case of an accidental exposure.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 7:51:31 PM EDT
[#11]
OP has blacklisted everything outside the basement.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Most people do.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 9:05:31 PM EDT
[#13]
That's because most of these pathetic neckbeards can't stray more than 50 ft from their moms.  Who else is going to bring them Hot Pockets?
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 9:16:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Fuck no man. I don't even leave my house. Can fuck with my AR anytime I want, masturbate on a moment's notice and don't have to wear any fucking clothes.
Nothing worth seeing outside of these four walls anyway. Bunch of fucking faggots and commies on the other side of that door. Don't want to give them the satisfaction of seeing me come into their fucked up world, and don't want to catch any of their gay commie shit.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:54:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Some threads make me wonder if I am the only hard liner.  I refuse to visit, or travel through any state (or Country) who would prohibit me from carrying a gun for self defense, or would restrict in anyway what I can carry for that purpose.  I consider the right of self defense (and beating arms for that defense) to be not just a basic fundamental Constitutional, and Civil Right, but a basic, and fundamental Human Right as well, so I refuse to go anywhere that does not recognize that right.  Who else black lists states?

Here is my Blacklist:

Illinois
New York
Massachusetts
New Hampshire  - I thought its one of the most gun friendly states in US, my bad
New Jersey
Rhode Island
Connecticut
Deleware
California
Hawaii
Colorado (due to magazine ban)

Washington DC
Guam
US Virgin Islands
Northern Marianas Islands
Puerto Rico

All foreign countries with the exception of The Czech Republic, Slovakia and Estonia are good too.

I don't think I forgot any, but you know my Criteria.

As far as I am concerned they are all radioactive.

Unfortunately this means that I am also cut off from Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Alaska as there is no overland route to them as they are caught behind enemy lines, and I refuse to fly due to TSA lunacy (I like flying to), and traveling by Sea, or Charter Plane is to expensive.

Does anyone else takhard hard line?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:57:09 AM EDT
[#16]
You live in MI and you're blacklisting NH?

How about moving first.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:02:47 AM EDT
[#17]
No. Because I'm not a close minded moron.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:05:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Yeah, stay out of Cali, we are totally full of asswipes from other states.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:07:38 AM EDT
[#19]
MD,NJ,NY,MA,CT,IL

I'll drive through your commie states, but I won't visit. There's a lot of hiking and climbing in those states so I'd be spending money there if you didn't suck.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:11:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Don't forget TX. You can't OC here, so we suck.
View Quote

And you also have a 6 dildo limit, I'm told.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:18:04 AM EDT
[#21]
The OP's inclusion of NH doesn't make any sense to me and doesn't even match with his last sentence of "Unfortunately this means that I am also cut off from Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Alaska..."  Minimal gun laws and better knife laws than nearly all states. Vermont, Iowa and Minnesota are three that I would add to the usual list due to their bans on silencers.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:22:33 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

you guys need to enjoy life a little more
View Quote

This.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:32:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Yes but I'll travel through them to get to a free state.

And I have the guns in the trunk unloaded when travelling in an anti state.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:34:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
MD,NJ,NY,MA,CT,IL

I'll drive through your commie states, but I won't visit. There's a lot of hiking and climbing in those states so I'd be spending money there if you didn't suck.
View Quote

So you'll pay money directly to NY State by using our tolls and bridges, but you won't support our local business folk (some being pro 2A).

You're a smart fella.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:36:05 AM EDT
[#25]
I have no real desire to go to Cali, Illinois, NY, NJ, etc....and it's not just because of their gun laws.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:36:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Fuck yes.  And cities.

View Quote

What's wrong with Ohio's gun laws?

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:38:29 AM EDT
[#27]
New Jersey is about it for me. I can't stand most of the people in that state. South Jersey is a little better but the attitudes are the same.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:39:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck yes.  And cities.

I don't know.

I live close to the Ohio border and go there now and then.

Their gun laws are pretty good.

Same for Michigan.

Neither is nearly perfect but not bad enough to be called an anti gun state IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:43:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I don't know.

Same for Michigan.

Neither is nearly perfect but not bad enough to be called an anti gun state IMHO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck yes.  And cities.

I don't know.

Same for Michigan.

No kidding.

While I do my best to avoid crapholes like CA, IL, NY, NJ, etc and tend not to visit them for recreation, the reality is I occasionally have to go into them for work. I don't think my employer would take kindly to me proclaiming _______________ state is off limits.

Because I've been to a number of the bigger cities as a kid or for work, it's far easier to blacklist them as an adult. Cheating I know. But having already seen places like Boston, DC, NYC, Chicago and LA I don't really have any interest in going back to them on my personal time.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:48:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

No kidding.

While I do my best to avoid crapholes like CA, IL, NY, NJ, etc and tend not to visit them for recreation, the reality is I occasionally have to go into them for work. I don't think my employer would take kindly to me proclaiming _______________ state is off limits.

Because I've been to a number of the bigger cities as a kid or for work, it's far easier to blacklist them as an adult. Cheating I know. But having already seen places like Boston, DC, NYC, Chicago and LA I don't really have any interest in going back to them on my personal time.

View Quote

Same here.

Now that I am retired I don't have to travel, and stay, in those anti gun areas.

But I always kept an unloaded shotgun in my trunk even when staying in an anti state..........I found out years later, on this forum, that that might not have been a very good idea.

Oh well, never got caught but I always thought an unloaded shotgun was allowed every where if it was kept in my trunk.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:51:05 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

you guys need to enjoy life a little more
View Quote

This.  We live in a beautiful country.  Your "boycott" does nothing.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:30:26 PM EDT
[#32]
My list is much shorter.

CA
NY
CO (at least temporarily)
DC
Chicago (rest of IL is fine)

I'd still go to MA and CT, even though they have some retarded gun laws.  They're not the SOURCE of the retardation like CA, NY, and DC are.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:38:44 PM EDT
[#33]
I won't work in CA, and I'm a greedy pig.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top