BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:38:23 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Think of the aftermath of this now.  You have a doctor and ENTIRE office staff telling everyone they know about the "gun carrying lunatic"" that is so in love with shooting people that he can't even get a prostate exam without having a gun in hand.

Way to win people over to the 2nd Amendment cause.

Yeah... that's what flipped them to anti-gun.

It may very well have reinforced an existing bias, and it damn sure isn't going to get any better in the re-telling.

Haven't you guys ever heard of the "exercising a higher standard of responsibility'  concept?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:41:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You should have told him every year doctors kill more people than guns  before you left

I have told doctors that before. In one ear, out the other. You might as well be speaking Sanskrit to them.

Because as discussed many times before in this very forum, the statistics they used are flawed amd skewed. If you use that argument it makes you look an uneducated retard.   Why do you think no one who actually knows something about that study would not listen to you.

Absolutely. And I don't even mention the stats. I just make mention of the deaths in the local paper every year due to medical malfeasance. There's been some doozies lately- more than all the gun deaths in this local county. Tieing the two together is something that would never occur to them, because it doesn't favor their position.

And- to dare question an MD about health issues, while he lectures me about firearms- shock- gasp-how rude and impudent of me....
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:52:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why do people look for something new once they find out that person doesnt like firearms? I go to a Dr. for how good he is at his job, not his firearms beliefs...

Hell, my mom HATES guns, should I look for a new mom? Hell no...

Some of you are really wierd...

It's not wierd to me. Why should I give my money to someone like this guy?

Each his own of course, but just wierd to me. I go to get better.

In this present day and age, we as gun owners must stick together.  I kinda like Pizza hut pizza, but since they are a pepsico company, they dont get my money. Same with every other decision that I make.  I dont bite the hand that feeds me, nor provide material support to people and orgs that wish to destroy my way of life.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:04:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You should have told him every year doctors kill more people than guns  before you left

I have told doctors that before. In one ear, out the other. You might as well be speaking Sanskrit to them.

Because as discussed many times before in this very forum, the statistics they used are flawed amd skewed. If you use that argument it makes you look an uneducated retard.   Why do you think no one who actually knows something about that study would not listen to you.

Absolutely. And I don't even mention the stats. I just make mention of the deaths in the local paper every year due to medical malfeasance. There's been some doozies lately- more than all the gun deaths in this local county. Tieing the two together is something that would never occur to them, because it doesn't favor their position.

And- to dare question an MD about health issues, while he lectures me about firearms- shock- gasp-how rude and impudent of me....

Actually a lot of docs shoot and have guns.  Just because there are some rabid anti gunner docs, doesnt mean that all docs dont know about guns. Many here probably know a lot about them.  But I bet you have not one idea about medicine.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:32:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually a lot of docs shoot and have guns.  Just because there are some rabid anti gunner docs, doesnt mean that all docs dont know about guns. Many here probably know a lot about them.  But I bet you have not one idea about medicine.

Most docs here do not shoot and have guns. Most are, if not rabid antigunners, then passive supporters of same. I don't practice medicine, don't claim to, and they shouldn't lecture me about something they don't know anything about either.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:01:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Would you rather him be pro gun and less qualified as a physician?
I'm with FieroLoki on this one. It seems that a lot of people make the decision on who they do business with strictly based on the fact of ther stance on the 2nd amendment.
Is your mechanic pro gun?
Mailman? Dentist? Hell if that's the case most people on this board probably keep thier money under the matress or buried in the back yard with the aresenal!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:13:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Look, I don't like paying ANY establishment my hard-earned money if they have an anti-gun stance.

Also, I found this guy in an online database of doctors near where I live.  I don't know how qualified he is compared to anyone else.

This is capitalism, and I am a supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights when I vote with my dollar every day.

I asked for suggestions on a local doctor, and I am criticized for having the AUDACITY to even consider looking for another doctor because he has an anti-gun slant.

Shame on me!

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:08:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most docs here do not shoot and have guns. Most are, if not rabid antigunners, then passive supporters of same. I don't practice medicine, don't claim to, and they shouldn't lecture me about something they don't know anything about either.

Well why dont you give me some real stats on how many soc hates guns without making assumptioins. Because thats what you are doing.  If you have no proof dont lecture us and make BS statements.

I can name over 10 docs on this board alone.  I have friends at my hospital that close their offices so they can go hunt.  One was K9 Vietnam vet and his daughter shoots skeet on a national level.  Another doc just ordered and received a Chandler 308 sniper rifle with Swarovski glass.  So you have no idea what you are talking about. You hear about a few docs on the internet and you an expert on the antigun views of all docs.  What a laugh.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:23:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Look, I don't like paying ANY establishment my hard-earned money if they have an anti-gun stance.

Then I highly suggest you start digging into ALL the places you do buisness with. Your list will be shorter than it is now.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well why dont you give me some real stats on how many soc hates guns without making assumptioins. Because thats what you are doing.  If you have no proof dont lecture us and make BS statements.

I can name over 10 docs on this board alone.  I have friends at my hospital that close their offices so they can go hunt.  One was K9 Vietnam vet and his daughter shoots skeet on a national level.  Another doc just ordered and received a Chandler 308 sniper rifle with Swarovski glass.  So you have no idea what you are talking about. You hear about a few docs on the internet and you an expert on the antigun views of all docs.  What a laugh.

Not my fight, but when he said "here," I think he meant where he lives, not arfcom.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:40:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Most docs people here (MA) do not shoot and have guns. Most are, if not rabid antigunners, then passive supporters of same.

Lived in MA.  Can't say I liked it.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:43:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Tell him to shut his mouth and keep his opinions to himself. I am sick of liberal bags (no pun intended) thinking they know what's best for you.

But he is a doctor!! He probably does know best!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top