Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:02:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I watch a lot of TV, but it's mostly international news over satellite and Internet. I rarely watch local and traditional network TV.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:03:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought every available program on DTV including the NFL package for my 85 yo father. When he dies I will go back to minimal but will still have it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:17:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We usually have a few shows that we watch, but it's getting to the point where 90% or more of what we watch comes from Netflix/Hulu.

We're moving over the next few weeks, and we're heavily leaning towards just turning off the cable service and sticking with only internet.

It just feels like a waste of money.
View Quote

It really is.  We ditched it a little while ago, and between Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and an over the air antenna there's tons of stuff to watch.  Though we have found that we aren't watching it as much as we used to anyway.  I suppose that when we had Directv, it was easy to just sit on the couch and watch something we didn't really want to watch, but that kept us occupied or mildly entertained.  Now that we have to select what we want to watch, most of the time we seem to find something better to do.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:19:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, we have DirecTV so I can watch my fishing and shooting shows.  DVR everything and skip the commercials.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:21:37 AM EDT
[#5]
My wife and I do have satellite television now despite the fact that we have Apple TV and Netflix.

The reason is that I like to watch shows like AMC's the "The Walking Dead" and shows on HBO, Showtime, and sometimes various other shows will catch my attention on other stations. I also like being able to have access to local news and national news.  I understand that the internet is becoming increasingly more of a medium for those things, but I'm still a fan of channel surfing sometimes.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:28:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Nope not for the last 11 years....nothing but a depravity pump....if you can liken the human soul (mind) to a computer ....its simply a matter
of GIGO.

“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
watch your words, they become actions;
watch your actions, they become habits;
watch your habits, they become character;
watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

FRANK OUTLAW

Marx once stated that "Religion is the opiate of the people".....
The Marxists have taken over and now "Entertainment is the opiate of the people"
it's didactic and sewage brought to your mind by them...
-imo
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nope. Nothing worth watching, free or pay.
View Quote

+1
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top