Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 3:55:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Well we're outa luck here in NY since the idiot Pataki passed our own version of the AW Ban.

So whether the National one sets or not we are stuck with are own [:(!]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 4:00:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hey, I know a guy who is writing congressmen supporting the ban to protect the value of his guns. I can understand the logic, but it still pissed me off.
View Quote

[rant]
you tell this individual that there are those that would gladly ventilate his arse after the SHTF for his traitorouse activities, because he has an evil rifle and they don't. at that time there will be the haves, and the have nots, and sheeple will gladly use a shotgun to obtain a superior weapon.

ask him if he would die for the value of his preciouse "expensive prebans" then..

[/rant]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 4:10:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I doubt that the elitist federal powers-that-be will ever allow it to sunset.  They have become way too good at manipulating political situations to their own purposes for that to ever happen, in my opinion.  If there is no popularly persuasive justification for its renewal as the time approaches, something will just be conveniently "manufactured"(or at least massively over-publicized to accomplish as much).  Do you really think that's not already their standard operating procedure?
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 4:12:54 PM EDT
[#4]
it will sunset its written write into the bill.

BUT im pretty damn sure another one will have been passed as a ride on some bill that has nothing to do with guns and it will be hidden in shitloads of fine print
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 4:14:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Post from ColtM4 -
Well we're outa luck here in NY since the idiot Pataki passed our own version of the AW Ban.

So whether the National one sets or not we are stuck with are own
View Quote

You guys don't need assault rifles, you need luggage.

After you use the luggage, then you can get assault rifles!

Eric The(WelcomeToTexas,NowBuyAGun!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 4:38:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the antis will let it die without a peep so they can use it against Bush in the last weeks of the election. Remember the DUI?

Kyle
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 4:39:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I would like for someone to point out any, I repeat any, crime that was prevented as a result of the ban.  Just like all the other useless laws on the books that do nothing, right?
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, I've started my first flaming topic!
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#9]
it will sunset its written write into the bill.

BUT im pretty damn sure another one will have been passed as a ride on some bill that has nothing to do with guns and it will be hidden in shitloads of fine print
View Quote

Timing is everything when we are dealing with politicians and sheeple. All it takes is a highly publicized school shooting and we could lose everything.

Then again, if the current state of terrorist activity continues along with the steady rate of gun sales we could be good to go. I'd love to add a tele-stock and then get a new upper with a flash hider.

Link Posted: 1/28/2002 10:18:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Just to nitpick a bit... the AW ban WILL sunset.  It is written into the AW law itself.  It WILL expire after ten years, in 2004.

The real question is or should be:  what will replace it?
1) Nothing?
2) Something not as bad?
3) Something worse?

All of the above are possibilities.  The harder we try, the more likely the end result will be option (1).  It will be a tough fight.  The anti-gunners are in a bit of a disarray right now, but things can change, and they have the headless media on their side.  Please make a habit of writing to your TV and newspaper reporters starting right now.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 10:33:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Can't the grabbers just tack on a little extra on some other bill that says something like "makes permanent the ban on fun guns and mags..."?  It seems they are always sticking a little vinegar in with the honey.  If they hold another bill hostage by slapping in this extra grab, GW can sign it and say he had no choice.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:05:04 AM EDT
[#12]
ckapsl has an intresting point, if it is replaced with something, but isn't as bad. This of course would not be as good as waving it bye, bye all together, but hey if we could get the evil features uped from 2 to 3, or get rid of the magazine limit, I'd consider it a victory.

I am still confident that it will slip into the good night though.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:28:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
if it don't were all in trouble. this is just a litmus test, if we let it stay the feds will just pile on more sh!t untill we are a dying breed..
View Quote

I hate to be the one to say it, but we ARE a dying breed. Unless somewhere along the line, someone proves the 2nd to be an individual right in fed. court, then maybe, MAYBE we won't lose this war. But if that doesnt happen, say bye-bye to your EVIL guns.
View Quote

No way, guys!  Both my kids are *GUN* guys, at the age of 9 and 12YO.  They both have their own pre-ban bushmaster LW rifles, and each his own S&W .22LR revolver.  They are both crack shots, and like nothing better than to go shooting with me.

That's how it stays alive!  Also, take a neighbor shooting.  There are a lot of them now, that are thinking in the back of their minds that they need to own a weapon, and need to go shooting some.  Help them out off their fence and take them shooting.  Who knows?  They might be the next Gun Nut to join our ranks, if someone will encourage them.  Now would be a good time for that!
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:36:35 AM EDT
[#14]
And here's a little GOOD news;

January 28, 2002

ALERT: URGENT! PRO 2-A LEGISLATION!

CCOPS is forwarding this e-mail FYI:
To: ********************
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2002 10:38 PM
Subject: URGENT! PRO 2-A LEGISLATION!

Greetings Liberty Belles and Beaux!

We are pleased to let you know that there are two Federal
bills that could be pivotal in the fight to restore our
Second Amendment rights at both the State and Federal
level.  H.R. 1762, introduced by Ron Paul of Texas, would

1) repeal the Brady law;
 2) repeal the semi-automatic ban;
 3) repeal the unconstitutional distinction of
    discriminating against firearms which an anti-gun
    president may find are "not particularly suited for
    sporting purposes."

H.R. 31, introduced by Roscoe Bartlett of Maryland, would
reaffirm the right to use a firearm to protect yourself,
your family, and your home. As such, it would preempt any
state or local statute or decision seeking to limit that
Second Amendment right.

Please visit the News section of our website for more
information on these bills.

[url]http://www.liberty-belles.org/index.html#news[/url]

We urge you to contact your United States Senators and
Representatives, even the ones who blatantly oppose our
Second Amendment rights.  Write letters (not e-mail)
and make phone calls.  Tell them to vote in favor of
H.R. 1762 and H.R. 31.

Find your Representative:

[url]http://www.house.gov/writerep/[/url]

Find your Senator:

[url]http://www.senate.gov/senators/senator_by_state.cfm[/url]

Thank you for your support!

In Freedom,

Jennifer and Joe

Liberty Belles
[url]http://www.liberty-belles.org[/url]
[email][email protected][/email]

(Edited to fix links)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top