Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sarcasm?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What do scientists know?  Bunch of snobs, acting all superior just because they have a fancy education.  

Sarcasm?

No he is always talking shit about scientist
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:10:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Depends on the neighborhood.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:13:22 AM EDT
[#3]
How close is a Wookie?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:14:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Science is atheist bullshit, don't you know?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:14:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

What do scientists know?  Bunch of snobs, acting all superior just because they have a fancy education.  
View Quote

Science is for faggots.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:14:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Damn, got me again
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you think that humans require oxygen to breathe?   That's what the scientists say but I don't know.   The bible doesn't mention oxygen so I don't know what to do.

You actually don't require oxygen to breathe.

Automatic respiration is driven by CO2 concentration in the lungs, so increasing the CO2 concentration will make you breathe faster.

You can also breathe manually.

Which you are doing right now.

But you do need oxygen to keep on breathing for more than about a minute or two.  

Dammit........ making me breathe manually without my permission.

Enjoy your yawn asshole

<a href="http://s114.photobucket.com/user/Peally/media/dogyawn.gif.html" target="_blank">http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/Peally/dogyawn.gif</a>

It's some kind of mind control device I think.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-OkFw1rEgzco/T_cWUZADJRI/AAAAAAAAA_Y/esVELxDKcCI/s1600/526739_475141649181960_1647239036_n.jpg

Damn, got me again

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:15:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Sigh.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:16:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Remaining 4% is from our gene splicing Alien overlords.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:16:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Do you think humans are 96% genitically identical to chimps?
View Quote

Hey do you guys think that math is actually true?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:16:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:17:48 AM EDT
[#11]
That wouldn't surprise me.  Chimps and humans are equally and similarly repulsive.

Even worse than spiders and killer clowns.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:19:59 AM EDT
[#12]
We share 50% with a bananna.  This doesn't mean poo
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:23:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Both genomes have been sequenced, compared, and are 96% identical.  What anyone "thinks" about it is irrelevant.  It's a fact.

Now, if you are asking about any potential correlation to behavioral observations, I think it could offer an explanation for those observations in both species as a whole.  We aren't as far removed as we like to think we are.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:23:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Some dumb book told me it was two naked people in a jungle who first fucked because one of them got the idea from a snake.
View Quote

They were screwing beforehand, they just didn't realize they were naked.  Still trying to figure that one out.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:24:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Both genomes have been sequenced, compared, and are 96% identical.  What anyone "thinks" about it is irrelevant.  It's a fact.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:24:45 AM EDT
[#16]
I think we came from dogs
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:24:58 AM EDT
[#17]

GD, captured in 4 frames.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:26:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

That's what the scientists say.  That Chimps are the closest relative to humans in the animal kingdom, separated by only 4% of the genetic code.
View Quote
you ready to have your mind blown.... you know all that bullshit that you always hear about that scientists say... if you really wanted an actual answer to this question, instead of just disguising your views behind a pathetically thin veil, you really could just go find out for yourself straight from the source, completely unfiltered.  Why not go check out whether those monkey loving, evolution hating,  Yankee  douche bags are really full of shit or not.

so how bout we all listen to what you say about what the scientist say. you can do it right now in your underwear from your laptop, go to google and start typing, then report back with facts about the articles that those dummies published full of their so called 'facts'...

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:29:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

The Devil has always been a trickster.  I will pray for you.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:30:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Well . . . . dont hold your breath waiting for an answer .

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you think that humans require oxygen to breathe?   That's what the scientists say but I don't know.   The bible doesn't mention oxygen so I don't know what to do.

I'd also like an opionon on what he thinks about electricity. fact or fiction? not only does the bible not mention it, but even the scientists arent ballsy enough to claim that they have ever actually seen an electron! now clearly electricity has got to be some kind of sorcery since the only way you can actually trust something to be true is if its in the bible or you can actually see it, that's how I know I ddint come from monkeys.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:33:21 AM EDT
[#21]
this thread is funny, everyone had almost the exact identical idea for a response when he tried tossing the bait out there for someone to nibble on... shit like that makes me laugh.

OP you so funny
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:34:02 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Ramen

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:34:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'd also like an opionon on what he thinks about electricity. fact or fiction? not only does the bible not mention it, but even the scientists arent ballsy enough to claim that they have ever actually seen an electron! now clearly electricity has got to be some kind of sorcery since the only way you can actually trust something to be true is if its in the bible or you can actually see it, that's how I know I ddint come from monkeys.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a miracle.  Let's declare it as such and go door-to-door to torture the heretics who disagree.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:37:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It makes a lot more sense than the idea that some wizard put us here 6523 years ago.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:38:46 AM EDT
[#25]
all biological life is the DNA molecule's direct means of survival, in other words biological life is an arms race for the survival of the DNA molecule.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:40:16 AM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:42:12 AM EDT
[#27]
4% is probably huge. What are we 8% off dogs? 15% from fish?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:44:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Fucking first post strikes again.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:45:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yes.

You realize you share something like 40% of your genetic information with a carrot?

Common descent of all known life on earth FTMFW!  
View Quote

Sometimes I wonder what life would have looked like if a different organism had survived to become the dominant lifeform.  All those extinction events in those single-celled days.  Who knows what kind of cells were killed off that would have been better competitors had they just been in a different part of the ocean.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:46:07 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
people who think that science has a hammerlock on 'the truth" do not understand the scientific method

people who think that science answers metaphysical questions do not understand the scientific method

so those two concepts will eliminate about 99.9% of the people about to dogpile this thread
the sophistication of the answers provided by the scientific method are limited by the sophistication of the testing method

everything else is mere speculation

the end

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

people who think that science has a hammerlock on 'the truth" do not understand the scientific method

people who think that science answers metaphysical questions do not understand the scientific method

so those two concepts will eliminate about 99.9% of the people about to dogpile this thread
the sophistication of the answers provided by the scientific method are limited by the sophistication of the testing method

everything else is mere speculation

the end

No, I think facts have a hammerlock on the truth. also just an fyi, although using a word like metaphysics to someone who may not be familiar with the term might make you appear to be smart or well educated, for those people who do happen to know what metaphysics refers to, are also going to immediately recognize that your declaration is absolutely idiotic and serves no purpose other than as an excuse to use the term metaphysics.  

also is there any chance that you could possibly expand on your first thought a little more?

Although it would be less satifying, if your not willing to do that, perhaps could you give us your definition of what the scientific method actually does or what purpose you believe it serves?

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:49:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fuckin' A, bubba...
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:50:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:51:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Yes.  And we're also like 90% identical to flatworms.

My completely UN-scientific opinion on this is that the vast majority of our genetic code simply handles the basic things that that are common to life.  Blood, nerves, digestive system, etc.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:51:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Not when you factor in the junk DNA.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:59:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Are you trying to refute empirical facts because you don't believe it so?

Scientist
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:00:07 AM EDT
[#36]
The FSA shares more DNA with cats than chimps.  They lounge around all day, doing whatever the fuck they want until it's time for their daily handout... then they're all in your face about it.

EBT, cat bowl, same diff.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:00:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
What's so bizarre about that?

Have you seen how messed up humans get when just 0.001% of their genetic information changes?

That a completely different species is another 4,000 times removed (or more) really shouldn't come as a great shock.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:02:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The FSA shares more DNA with cats than chimps.  They lounge around all day, doing whatever the fuck they want until it's time for their daily handout... then they're all in your face about it.

EBT, cat bowl, same diff.
View Quote

This is all speculation and hearsay since no scientific data has been collected and analyzed.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:03:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I think some are closer than that.
View Quote

And a few throw away even that little difference.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:04:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Sarcasm?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sarcasm?

LOL, ya think? Maybe?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:06:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Most life shares a huge amount of common DNA.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:06:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It's a miracle.  Let's declare it as such and go door-to-door to torture the heretics who disagree.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

At the very least, this needs to be taught in physics class so our children can decide for themselves what to believe.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:08:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Genetics is something provable. I didn't know it was up for opinion.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:08:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Facts are for faggots.

View Quote

Why did you look over here when you said that?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:09:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Automatic respiration is driven by CO2 concentration in the lungs blood, so increasing the CO2 concentration will make you breathe faster.

But you do need oxygen to keep on breathing for more than about a minute or two.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Automatic respiration is driven by CO2 concentration in the lungs blood, so increasing the CO2 concentration will make you breathe faster.

You were close.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:09:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
That's what the scientists say.  That Chimps are the closest relative to humans in the animal kingdom, separated by only 4% of the genetic code.
View Quote

I don't buy global warming or climate change either.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:10:17 AM EDT
[#47]
The scientists certainly make a better case for their side than the foaming howlers on the other side.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:13:22 AM EDT
[#48]
For those who don't stay up on this stuff:

Brace yourselves, new offensive planned for August.

http://www.evolutionvsgod.com/

http://www.icr.org/article/7565/

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:15:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Sure, and I don't feel like any less of a human being for it.

Why does this stuff cause so many people to have an existential crisis?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:17:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You were close.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You were close.

You got me.  Thanks.

Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top