Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 1:56:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tsa precheck
View Quote

This. But I'm fine with the scanners also.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 2:03:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
For those of you opting out due to radiation concerns - the energy involved is non-ionizing i.e. won't give you cancer.
View Quote

I will still pass and let you be the guinea pig.  I will be fine with getting to the end of my life and saying, damn I guess they were safe after all.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 2:14:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I always opt out on principle. Unfortunately the majority of Americans just don't care about principles and would rather  "feel safe" or "just get the process over with" or "move through faster".

I'd rather not fly any more but driving is not a realistic option. The choice comes down to either fly or stay home.

I'm old enough to remember air travel before Bush/Fedgov created the TSA. Terrorists were successful at taking over planes on 9/11 because Americans had been brainwashed for years and years to be compliant and passive toward hijackers. "Don't be a hero, you'll just get someone hurt." "Let the professionals handle it" etc, etc, etc.

Back then we could carry 4" knives and numerous "weapons". Passengers were more than capable of stopping 9/11; what we lacked was the will, and that was 100% due to decades of being told NOT to interfere with a hijacking.

Scanners as well as the entire security circus should be offensive to every red blooded American. Every damn one of us should opt out to the fullest extent of the law for the sheer principle of it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 2:21:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
For those of you opting out due to radiation concerns - the energy involved is non-ionizing i.e. won't give you cancer.
View Quote

I will still pass and let you be the guinea pig.  I will be fine with getting to the end of my life and saying, damn I guess they were safe after all.  
View Quote

Sure - after all it's the path I'll have to take if I were to get my medical physicist degree some day just to prove a point :P
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 2:30:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Tsa precheck
View Quote

This.

Though last time flying jackasses at Baltimore at 0930 didn't have enough personnel to have the pre check lane open, but were running people through it (had pre check signage in place but sent everyone through it or the backscatter line adjacent.) Idiots pulled me aside for additional screeing and then tried to finger bang my work computer because I was somehow supposed to know I wasn't in an active precheck lane even though there were signs in place and should have pulled my computer out...
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 2:36:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Absolutely everything about government run airport security disgusts me, and so I will never fly commercial again. Fuck that, I'll drive.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 2:41:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I always opt out...

and then call for a female assist.

"sir what's that in your pocket"

"that would be my penis"
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:55:08 AM EDT
[#8]
OP just enjoys getting groped.
View Quote

You are the first person here who said anything about groping.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top