Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:35:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Last week, I was behind a car on the highway that was going about 30 MPH and swerving. I thought for sure they were texting. I get along side and see the fattest chick ever using her belly to steer while she was eating chinese noodles... with chopsticks.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:36:39 PM EDT
[#2]
If you can't text and drive and merge onto the interstate in a standard transmission, you're a woman.

I do this shit every day
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:37:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I ride a bike and see it more and more each day ...scary when in consider I share the road with such folks..
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I see texting mostly while people are waiting at red lights.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:47:38 PM EDT
[#5]
" />
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:13:51 PM EDT
[#6]
See it a lot.  And it drives me crazy.  Another thing I have seen a lot of is assholes driving with their fucking dogs on their lap.  Mostly smaller dogs.  Have seen a couple bigger ones.  Still WTF?  How the hell is that not against the law?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:15:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Drives me nuts.  They just passed a law here in Utah that makes it a primary offense.  You can be pulled over for using your phone for anything (I think you can use it to navigate).
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Every asshole swerving is usually looking at their phone
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:26:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I was driving home late last night on a major highway, and a woman in the far left lane was going 45mph holding up traffic.  When I pulled up beside her she had a bright phone in her hand and was looking right at it, not the road.  I really wanted to slap her upside her stupid head.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I would become a police officer for the sole purpose of giving out tickets for cell phone use, failure to use turn signal and left lane camping.  I would be very busy and it would be soooo gratifying.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I work on a Navy base and ironically I see it more on base than off.

Not long ago, I was almost hit by a female sailor texting and driving as I was walking through a parking lot on my way up to the pier.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes, almost every day.
Here are a few things I've noticed recently:
1. Many people who text and drive, especially on a freeway, can be spotted from a distance by their behavior.  They go MUCH slower than the traffic, hang way back and allow a lot of space between themselves and the vehicle they are following.  Of course they drive on the dots too.
2. A new trend I find VERY disturbing is drivers who STOP in traffic, anywhere, any time, to check messages or to text.  They're oblivious to the fact that they are blocking traffic. Sometimes it's at a stop sign or in a turn lane, but often it's just in the middle of a traffic lane.

3. Texting while riding a MOTORCYCLE.  I've seen three of them in about a month.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes I do.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#14]
No; I'm usually too busy texting.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:48:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just for shits and giggles I counted at a busy intersection the other day. 11 out of a possible 16 were texting on their phones.

I just don't get "texting" -- just because it was an idea, doesn't make it a good idea.

We have freakin' "communicators" just like in Star Trek!! That was science fiction when I was a kid, but we have them now... called cell phones.

Can you imagine Captain Kirk choosing to hammer out (on a tiny typewriter) "Beam me up Scotty, I am about to have my head crushed by the Gorn!" instead of just saying it. Of course the higher technology would be to merely "say it" while keeping both eyes and one hand free to avoid the boulder tossing reptile.

Or in this thread's case, having those eyes and arms free to fucking pay attention no matter where you might be or what you might be doing.

View Quote
Except phones don't work the way communicators did.  Kirk never had to have a five minute conversation about how Scotty's day was going before breaching the topic of transport.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:48:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Lately it seems like a plague around here. People are buried in their phones. There's the ones that do it while they are driving, you can see them looking down or at night see the glow of their phone as they hold it up to the wheel. Then there's the ones that text at red lights and fail to pay attention to when the light turns green, I'm always having to honk after they don't move. I don't get what is so important to risk other people's lives for. I'll only ever glance at my phone for a split second if I have to but never text/browse the internet.
View Quote

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1610434_The_Time_has_Arrived_for_Pre_Emptive_Stoplight_Honking.html
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#17]
I see it a lot on I-40 through town. How there hasn't been more wrecks is beyond me. THP has started cracking down on it since a new law was enacted recently.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:03:59 PM EDT
[#18]
I recently came within about half an inch of getting hit by a woman fucking with her phone.  I was just glad her phone was safe and she did not drop it holding it and the steering wheel at the same time swerving to avoid running into me
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#19]

I passed a guy in a Jaguar on I-95 in Georgia on Monday who was straight and steady in the right lane on a three lane section at the speed limit while reading a Kindle.

An accomplished douche but still a douche

Used to see people in morning traffic on the DC beltway reading papers in the passenger seat while driving. Was considered status to be so time constraint pressed by work

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:10:38 PM EDT
[#20]
I do it often
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:11:20 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll text while I'm at a stoplight. But texting while driving is beyond retarded.

In the last week there's been a dozen or so people almost hit me while talking on their phone or texting.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:19:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

How ironic.....

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see it alot.  I take pics of them with my phone just in case I hear about a crash or something, then I can give the pics to the police as evidence.

How ironic.....

Funny I take pictures of people taking pictures of people texting.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:21:29 AM EDT
[#23]
I text all the time when I'm driving.

OK Google.... text (name) (message).  Handsfree mode on, it gets read to me when they respond.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:32:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Not just texting, but putting on makeup, eating cereal from a bowel, and so on. I passed a guy yesterday morning sorting/shuffling papers...
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:34:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I would become a police officer for the sole purpose of giving out tickets for cell phone use, failure to use turn signal and left lane camping.  I would be very busy and it would be soooo gratifying.
View Quote

Are you my long lost brother?  If I was a trooper.

"Trooper Surf, has reached our state's yearly quota in texting tickets today.....by himself."   memo February, 1st
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:49:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Yep.

Cops

Troopers

Commercial vehicle drivers

General people

Walkers-Their just as bad as drivers.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:58:55 AM EDT
[#27]
i generally notice them while they are in my lane heading straight at me...
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:10:07 AM EDT
[#28]
They banned talking on the phone, so everyone started texting. They banned texting, so drivers now stare at their crotch while texting in their lap.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:12:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Lately it seems like a plague around here. People are buried in their phones. There's the ones that do it while they are driving, you can see them looking down or at night see the glow of their phone as they hold it up to the wheel. Then there's the ones that text at red lights and fail to pay attention to when the light turns green, I'm always having to honk after they don't move. I don't get what is so important to risk other people's lives for. I'll only ever glance at my phone for a split second if I have to but never text/browse the internet.
View Quote

Constantly.  Especially chicks.  Theirs eyes are everywhere but on the fucking road.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top