BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:07:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I stand corrected its next weekend. www.ohiolba.org/
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#2]
My Step dads brother is gay, and I've worked with one or two guys who were gay but didn't advertise the fact.

I like to believe that I'm 'progressive' and don't really care what life style or sexual prefference someone may have, and for the most part this is true, but I will admit that really 'swishy' limp wristed, lisping gays get under my skin. These are usually the same ones who's sole identity is made up of being 'gay' and feel they must make everything a 'gay' issue.

As an aside, I would like to hear what a gay individual thinks of the above statment, only to know why this behavior is  necessary. (Just one of the questions I'd ask if having a real conversation with a gay man about homosexuality).......
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:26:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am in the Bay Area and don't have any gay friends or acquaintances.

Thats surprising,didn't think you could swing a dead cat without hitting a gay person up there.Roy
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I do... and actually, he posts here.

www.ar15.com/member/member.html?id=38152

You think the pie thing is for real? He uses it as a cover.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:43:51 PM EDT
[#6]

I like to believe that I'm 'progressive' and don't really care what life style or sexual prefference someone may have, and for the most part this is true, but I will admit that really 'swishy' limp wristed, lisping gays get under my skin. These are usually the same ones who's sole identity is made up of being 'gay' and feel they must make everything a 'gay' issue

Femme/Butch is a funny thing...Most people who fit in to ether group generally don't think they are. I have a buddy that would make Brittany Spears look butch. But he thinks he's the pillar of str8 actting and puts down other "twinks" for acting like fags!!!! As far as the screamming queens go most will try to butch it up around str8s if they think their a little queenie. And the loud and proud crowd "who make everything" are mostly newly out.....and are just over compensting. kind of like Ellen D did after she first come out...lucky you growout of it
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:51:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Does SGTar15 count??

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:51:12 PM EDT
[#8]
This is like asking if you know anyone that is black, indian, catholic, arab, (you fill in the blank).  People are people and they surround each and every one of us.  I am as conservative as they get, because of that, I do not choose to judge people, or pre-judge (prejudice) people.  

I know liberals too.  Gee whiz.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:53:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I like to believe that I'm 'progressive' and don't really care what life style or sexual prefference someone may have, and for the most part this is true, but I will admit that really 'swishy' limp wristed, lisping gays get under my skin. These are usually the same ones who's sole identity is made up of being 'gay' and feel they must make everything a 'gay' issue.

As an aside, I would like to hear what a gay individual thinks of the above statment, only to know why this behavior is  necessary. (Just one of the questions I'd ask if having a real conversation with a gay man about homosexuality).......

I've known a few socially & there's more than a few at work.
Went to grade/highschool with a few (closeted at the time though).  Two were a couple in highschool but looking back they were probably acting as each others "beards".  The guy was a semi-friend of mine, was the sensitive, artistic type.  His "girlfriend" was a mean bitch though.  She also was violent & smacked the snot out of him a few times.
The boyfriend of my buddie's sister finally came out of the closet a few years back.  There were things that should have raised flags long before that.  His taste in music, he tended to wear shirts/shorts way too tight/short for a het guy (think Lt Dangle on Reno 911), somewhat swishy in persoanl mannerisms, etc.

re the "swishy" bit:  I was talking to one of the lesbians at work & she personally can't stand swishy, prancing 'poofter' gay guys.  She also has a strong dislike for the buzzcut deisel-dyke uber butch lez types also.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#10]
My aunt's life mate's name is Mona they've been together 45 years.

My sister-inlaws life mate is a jewish lady named Michelle they've been together 23 years.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:45:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Heres an interesting one,

As I sat in a restaraunt with a girl I was dating, she told me her brother just came out. He was about 20 or so and came from a real conservative Christian family. Anyway... as I am sitting there and she hemmed an hawed about telling me and finally did that her bro just decided he was gay, after an older guy that was married punked him out... how weird is that, I warned her that even though everyone in the family was semi cool with it... watch out for him to try and commit suicide. I told her that homos have one of the highest levels of suicide going... and to keep an eye peeled on him as much as possible.

Guess what he was doing as I was telling her to watch him?

Killed himself with pills

And he was her best friend too.

That is as close as I have gotten to knowing anyone homo.

What a shame, he was a nice kid too.

Dram out.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I live in an area where a guy can't walk out of his house in shorts without another guy trying to hump his leg.

I can't say I've made friends with any of them, though. I guess I'm just antisocial.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm not gay, but my boyfriend is!

Balming
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'm not gay, but my boyfriend is!

Balming

It's really scary, but I hear that all the time....and people believe it too
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I take that back, I do know a homo.  A woman who worked with my mom has a son who is flaming.  Wears eye makeup, women's shoes, works as a flight attendant.

Haven't spoken to him in years.  My wife and mom were walking mom's dog one day, he came out to chat with them.  My wife said she was shocked when she looked down at his feet and noticed they were wearing the same sandals.

From what I can remember, the guy has always been flaming, even in high school.  Lispy speech, pretty boy type.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:04:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Had a friend in high school that decided to be gay his first year in college.  When I found out I never talked to him again.

You do your thing, I'll do mine.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:14:04 PM EDT
[#17]
The boss's son is gay. Obnoxious and a little whacked in the head. Talks real fast and is easily excitable. Had his "friend" touch my flight jacket at a company Christmas party and offer to treat the leather as he worked with leather goods. My look told him to get his little rat paws off my 19 year old jacket. Both were eels. The boss's son actually had north south east and west marked on the monitor housing so he could tell us about storms on the doppler web site. Planerench out.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:38:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a gay cousin who is a 3 alarmer but "he's" cool. His "partner" is a nice guy, a "stealth" gay, he is very gaydar resistant. He's into cars guns etc nice guy.

Besides the hottest chicks love to swarm gay guys. Reminds me of the bloodhound gang song, " I wish I was queer so I could get chicks".

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:45:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
after college, my roommate of four years turned gay. it appeared to be an obvious women/lack-of-sex issue.

People dont "turn gay". They are or they are not. He may have just been denying what he was for many years. My cousins previously mentioned partner was married to a women before he came out. Said it just never felt right to him but he went out with women and got married to see if his fellings would change. His wife started cheating on him so he divorced her and decided to come out.

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:47:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I like to believe that I'm 'progressive' and don't really care what life style or sexual prefference someone may have, and for the most part this is true, but I will admit that really 'swishy' limp wristed, lisping gays get under my skin. These are usually the same ones who's sole identity is made up of being 'gay' and feel they must make everything a 'gay' issue

Femme/Butch is a funny thing...Most people who fit in to ether group generally don't think they are. I have a buddy that would make Brittany Spears look butch. But he thinks he's the pillar of str8 actting and puts down other "twinks" for acting like fags!!!! As far as the screamming queens go most will try to butch it up around str8s if they think their a little queenie. And the loud and proud crowd "who make everything" are mostly newly out.....and are just over compensting. kind of like Ellen D did after she first come out...lucky you growout of it

StonerStudent, thanks for the info. I would have never expected the answer to be so simple, (makes sense) I guess I'm just a little more 'sinister' at heart.

BTW whats up with the ...Dude you barely know me!!  jk.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:48:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I had a good friend come out in HS. I was one of the first to know. We got into lots of arguments over it--I prefer Briana Banks, she is into Jenna Jameson.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:51:09 PM EDT
[#22]
My wife and I have very close friends (mine, hers, and ours) who are gay.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:54:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Doesn't everyone have a gay Uncle?  I'm from a pretty "non progressive" family and even I have a gay uncle.  He's ok....haven't talked to him in a zillion years but he was always pretty cool.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:25:13 PM EDT
[#24]
One of my girlfriend's (I'm male) friends is a Fag Hag so when we do anything with her there are usually gay guys around.  I know them by name and they know me by name.  They flirt with me in ways that I consider harmless and it doesn't bother me.  In fact, I take it as a compliment because gay men usually have higher standards than women.  hock.gif

I'm not crazy about their lifestyles or gay marriage, but as long as they aren't fanatical activists and try to make everything a gay versus straight issue I don't mind them.

So why did you start this thread?  Are you trying to tell us something?  
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:29:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
This is like asking if you know anyone that is black, indian, catholic, arab, (you fill in the blank).  People are people and they surround each and every one of us.  I am as conservative as they get, because of that, I do not choose to judge people, or pre-judge (prejudice) people.  

I know liberals too.  Gee whiz.

People are people, you are right. However, the things they do behind closed doors is to say the least, unhealthy and outright wrong in so many ways. My first cousin is gay. Used to play with barbies when he was a kid. Later in life he lived with another fag. He tried to kill himself and had a nervous breakdown.
  I just cannot stand the way they talk. It is very annoying.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:40:59 PM EDT
[#26]
I've thought for years that I must be lesbian trapped in a man's body.

More pie!!  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:51:11 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

So why did you start this thread?  Are you trying to tell us something?  

No, I just like to start conversations around here and read the replies.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:32:43 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
No, I just like to start conversations around here and read the replies.  

Are you an instigator?  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:42:06 PM EDT
[#29]
I'd say I probably have about 6 out of 100 of my employees are gay.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:32:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
after college, my roommate of four years turned gay. it appeared to be an obvious women/lack-of-sex issue.

People dont "turn gay". They are or they are not.

That is your opinion, and not what I witnessed in this case.  In my opinion, he chose to be a homosexual for the easy sex. Frankly, I'm afraid I'm more qualified to describe what I witnessed, your anecdote notwithstanding.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:41:38 PM EDT
[#31]
A couple of kids I went to high school with have since come out.  They were only confirming what all of us knew already, so it wasn't shocking and I don't treat then any differently when I run into them on visits to my hometown.  I don't approve of their lifestyles though, and I think the only reason any of them identify as "gay" is because it was easier than dealing with the social issues that made them misfits among their own sex and unsuccessful with the opposite sex.  So much easier to take it in the ass or munch the carpet than to stop being such a whiny pansy or lose 20 lbs. and put on some makeup.

Not saying that every wimpy guy or unattractive girl will end up gay, but I really think that, coupled with childhood sexual abuse, is what makes the majority of gays gay.  Well, I think it used to be, anyway, back when I was in high school.  Now, it's just "cool" to be gay and a hell of a lot easier than trying to figure out the opposite sex.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:05:25 PM EDT
[#32]
why do GAY people have to show and tell everybody they are GAY? and they always have to kiss in front of everybody so they can see? they seem so obsessed with it? thats all they think about?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#33]
HELL NO !!!!

I KILLED THEM ALL YEARS AGO.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:32:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Yes.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Some of my inlaws relatives are, and so is my nephew. My wife doesn't see those relatives of hers very often, so that's never been a problem. My nephew became a small family drama though, because I won't allow him to come here or be around my son at all.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Just clean-cut
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:44:25 PM EDT
[#37]

Now, it's just "cool" to be gay and a hell of a lot easier than trying to figure out the opposite sex.

Actually I fiqured out the opposite sex all time ago..........and found out they are right, guys are much cuter than girls!!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:56:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Yes, quite a few.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:40:11 PM EDT
[#39]
My roommate freshman year in college came out after we moved out of the dorms. There WAS something about him that made me uncomfortable while I lived with him; Something about a guy who didn't act like a man, and who was the "go-to" guy whenever the women on the floor needed fashion advice.

My take on it? I could care less who you slept with; behind closed doors, it's your business alone. However, if you're a man, act like a man.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:47:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Have had a couple over the years.

Big deal, a person's sex life is NONE of my business unless he/she makes it my business. When that happens, they get told where to get off fast.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:20:22 PM EDT
[#41]
One of my older brothers was gay. He died of AIDS a couple of days after 9/11/01.

A fucked up week that was.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:03:48 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

It's (The field) something of an 'Enclave" for gays and lesbians so it's not hard to find yourself working with them.  14 yrs ago or so I was the house manager for a state pilot project doing community integration with some hard to place MR/DD clients and my entire swing shift was made up of gays.

I'll say this though.  Although I've worked with and known alot of gay DUDE's that I would term "Happy" or at least not insufferable to spend a day around I don't think I've ever met or known a truly happy lesbian.  

Hey! I'm a happy lesbian! (Though, admittedly, we DO tend towards the more serious and sometimes even angry side... but hey, wouldn't YOU be if the "majority" kept trying to tell you that you couldn't marry the woman YOU love, (okay, maybe that's a bad Q to ask a guy ;) umm... well, suffice to say descrimination sucks whether it be because you are into firearms or because of who you are attracted to... ;)

Quoted:
My Brother-in-law is 36 years old never had a girl friend, has a six figure income and just went on vacation to Spain with his "Buddy". His mother say's he "Pickey" I think he takes it in the back doorWhat do you think? Am I wrong??

I think that's called DENIAL...(on his family's part) ;)

Quoted:

Quoted:
However, I'm sure a guy walking out on his marriage because he's gay (or the woman leaving because she's lesbo) is ANY WORSE than people walking out on their marriages for all sorts of other reasons  - like dumping a 20-year marriage to poke a 19-year old cheerleader or something.

Quoted:
My problem with it is that its deceiptful.  Granted, alot of these people are probably lying to themselves as well as their partners, but it's still shitty.  To lie for years and years to someone that's possibly the father/mother of your child is pretty low.

Agreed. But if because of societal pressures you are lying to yourself...

Now _I_ knew it from the get-go, and society can ^%$# itself, so I didn't have THAT dynamic, myself, but I've known a LOT of folks who WERE married then they "got it"... some of them were shitheads, most, though didn't "get it" until much later in life.

Fortunately, that IS changing. :) And while GL folks MIGHT "date" around a bit to "make sure", I see fewer and fewer that actually have kids w/a straight or marry one.

Quoted:
No. My friends are either military or retired military or otherwise moral people.

Umm... once again, the term "denial" comes to mind. I know WAY more "military" or "retired military" that are GLBT than I do who are straight.

Might be better to say:

Not that I know of, my friends are either military or retired military or otherwise moral people.

And just for the record...

GLBT does NOT equate with immoral any more than Straight equates w/ moral. There are very immoral and very moral folks on BOTH sides of those fences.

Originally Posted By Thunderbolt
why do GAY people have to show and tell everybody they are GAY? and they always have to kiss in front of everybody so they can see? they seem so obsessed with it? thats all they think about?

Well, pretty much the only time it comes up with ME is when some asshat makes an anti-queer comment, then to be fair I inform them that _I_ am queer too. Also it's not like being a different race... it isn't ALWAYS "obvious", and to keep straight guys from bothering me ("hitting" on me). Those are the reasons _I_ tend to say something.

Stoner, am I "obvious"? (I've been told BOTH yes AND no... so I never know ;)

Edited to add: No relatives that I'm aware of, but I have an aunt (grandmother's sister) that I wonder about... she passed away LONG before I was even a twinkle though ;) I'm TOLD that my great-grandfather left my great-grandmother for a guy... but who knows?  Got LOTS of friends.... don't think I've ever had co-workers though (but then I've always worked in small businesses).

Also to try to get the board code formatting correct.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Sorry. Messed up.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:30:28 AM EDT
[#44]
No way  In hell I dont have any Gay friends at all. My last girl friend dumped me because I was Picking on her homo Buddy . I Told Her How I felt Abou gay People And I Told Her Gay Fried How I felt about It.
That Shit Just is not normal And Is just Plain old F_cking Wrong.

GAY
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:36:10 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
No way  In hell I dont have any Gay friends at all. My last girl friend dumped me because I was Picking on her homo Buddy . I Told Her How I felt Abou gay People And I Told Her Gay Fried How I felt about It.

GAY

So you go out of your way to pick on gay people, or was he hitting on you or something?    

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:41:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Kacer, why do you feel that you can tell straights that you are gay and they should leave...but I am told that if stoner hits on me to take it as a compliment?

I am neck deep in freaks, vampires, transers, punks, fags, dykes, heads, goths, tourists, breeders, and straights. A night out with me would drive half you boys right over the edge of sanity.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:44:48 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GAY

So you go out of your way to pick on gay people, or was he hitting on you or something?    

No I didnt. But My Old Girl fried was talking like Gays are The Greatest People on the planet and her Homo Buddys Just piss Me Off Like telling me I have a Nice A$$ I almost Put Her Freak Buddy in the Hospital One Night This S_it Pisses me Off And I choose NOT to hang out with freaks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:47:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:50:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:02:19 AM EDT
[#50]
No I find thier lifestyle discusting.  
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top