Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#1]
If it comes out in those 28 pages of classified documents that his administration intentionally covered
up an act of war from Saudi Arabia he'll go down in history as a traitor.  Or worse.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#2]
No for me, but the question is whether I liked him as president, not whether I like him over the president that proceeding him, nor the president that followed him.

GWB was never a conservative in the white house, but more of a middle of the road.  He presided over continuing bloat of government and the loss of freedoms for citizens.

He handled Afganistan and Iraq wrong.  He should have bombed the shit out of OBL rather than announcing he was coming, and save OBL for latter.  In the end, we spent too much money on hunting for OBL.  He should have supported the NA rather than the tribe where the Taliban originates from.

He should have largely left Iraq alone....  dictators can be a good thing in unstable regions of the world that hold too much low IQ people.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He gets a B - from me
View Quote

D+
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 5:46:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a favorable opinion of the man, but not his presidency, policies or appointments.
View Quote

Exactly.

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Doobya's legacy is perpetual war and Heimat Sicherheitsdienst.  Enjoy being groped at the airport peasant?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 5:49:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nice guy.  Poor President.
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Obama has managed a fairly seamless continuation of virtually all of his policies and actions of any consequence. Neither Republicans or Democrats like to consider that very much.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 5:51:45 PM EDT
[#8]
We didn't have nearly as many dopers, feminists, and transgenders as we do now, so yep.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 5:51:49 PM EDT
[#9]

I like W as a person.

1st Term, Yes I approve

2nd Term, No I don't like what he did with the banking and auto issues.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I thought he was a good man who was motivated by love of country.  I still do.  And by comparison to his predecessor and successor, I thought he walked on water and shit ice cream.
View Quote

Not a leg humper, but damn you got a way with words.  And agreed.

It could have been worse, but W could have been way, way, way better.

Medicare expansion, No Child, Patriot Act, unquestionable loyalty to Rumsfield to name a few.  

I hate a lot of the W legacy but I can't imagine 8 years of Gore would have looked any better and most certainly worse.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:01:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I wasn't impressed; he just looks better now because FBHO is much worse.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:02:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Poll inbound!

I personally don't: TSA, DHS, a shit ton of govt. spending, Iraq, "PATRIOT" act, et cetera.

Don't cop out and say, "He was better than Obama."; that is vacuous.
View Quote

I did, but all of the above, plus his pro-illegal migration policies and the fact that it is looking more and more like his administration was instrumental in covering up the Saudi governments involvement in 9/11 while deliberately directing America's ire elsewhere. perhaps unnecessarily, that in turn allowed Obama and Hillary to parlay it into a global disaster that could ultimately destroy Western civilization does not bode well at all.

Make no mistake, Obama will go down in history as the worst president in US history, though Hillary just might be able to best him in that category, but Bush's legacy especially if the Saudi thing is true has be in the lower rungs.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:07:42 PM EDT
[#13]
No. He was an awful president. For the reasons you listed and more.

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a generally favorable view of GWB.

His administration wasn't perfect, nor was it the failure the media and their useful idiots like to paint it as.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:10:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I like him. He wasn't perfect but under Bush / Cheney the world didn't fuck with us. All I care about is a strong safe America.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:10:27 PM EDT
[#16]
At this point I have a favorable view of jimmy carters presidency
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Good intentions; bad decisions.

At least his shit policies weren't out of malice.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:22:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Wasn't actively positive but everything could've been so much worse had Gore or Kerry won. Everything that matters to gun enthusiasts could be the exact opposite of what it is right now—fewer CCW states, SAFE Act-type restrictions in more states, no Heller or McDonald, on and on. We need to keep perspective rather than just emotionally jumping on this libtard-approved bandwagon to demonize Bush.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Poll inbound!

I personally don't: TSA, DHS, a shit ton of govt. spending, Iraq, "PATRIOT" act, et cetera.

Don't cop out and say, "He was better than Obama."; that is vacuous.
View Quote

Nope, he could have ended illegal immigration, fixed the visa overstay problem, held the Saudis accountable, not said he would sign an Assault Weapons Bill if Congress would give him one, not helped increase medicaid, he could have not been a dumbass and said he had to destroy Capitalism to save it .  In the parlance of Democrats he let a crisis go completely to waste and here we are now.

May fuck be upon him.  He is still better than the Mocha fucking Jesus though, but not by much.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:23:18 PM EDT
[#20]
I think a lot of you lack context.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:23:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have a favorable opinion of the man, but not his presidency, policies or appointments.
View Quote

Pretty much where I'm at.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Doobya's legacy is perpetual war and Heimat Sicherheitsdienst.  Enjoy being groped at the airport peasant?
View Quote

I enjoy it more than being blown up on an airplane.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes because they have stopped so many bombers.  Not one.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I liked W.
View Quote

Same.. I disagreed w/ him on a lot of things (many things the OP listed)... but I think he was faced w/ a situation that no president before him could relate to... and while it wasn't easy, and it was far from perfect, he did his best to make sure it wouldn't happen again.

Could you imagine if President Al Gore had to respond to 9/11?

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:26:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Only compared to this one and the clintons. He wasn't great, but he was a far cry better than the man child.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Not really.   I dont think he hates america the way obama does, but some of the shit we got under him just pushed the government that much father up our asses.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:29:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Nope.

For the same reasons in the OP.

View Quote

yep
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:29:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Hated his domestic agenda, love his "make fuckers who want to kill us, dead" agenda
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote
he did not start war with Islam, we have been fighting them since 1801

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:35:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Compared to the liberals he ran against

al gore

John kerry

Fuck yes

He wasn't perfect.... But he didn't loath the military... or this nation

In politics, .... You hold your nose, and vote for the lessor evil

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:35:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Hell no.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:37:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Not really.   I dont think he hates america the way obama does, but some of the shit we got under him just pushed the government that much father up our asses.

View Quote

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:38:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Fuck GWB he is a slimy fucking rat establishment puke.

Under his reign we got the Patriot Act, two wars that were based off lies. He gave us the big bank bailouts etc...
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:50:45 PM EDT
[#34]
The last president I liked was Grover Cleveland. W wasn't a bad guy, but didn't do much good, either.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:53:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Not really.  I wouldn't call him a bad POTUS, but he was a horrible politician and communicator despite winning twice.  When a POTUS turns over the office to a diametrically opposed opposition member he's done something wrong.  

I don't know the man's heart, but he gave me the impression that he was more concerned about the profits of his corporate donors and family friends than he was the safety and prosperity of the average citizen.  His kowtowing to the Saudi's and the President of Mexico particularly twisted my undies.

Of course, living in Arizona and seeing how little he cared about us being invaded by the countries to the south of us, I may have a skewed opinion.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 7:00:29 PM EDT
[#36]
No, but... Who is better?
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#37]
A big government republican. That would be a NO.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 7:09:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Nice guy.  Poor President.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 7:11:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Fuck no.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, the mooselumb terrorists just magically stopped trying to bomb airliners because they had no fear of the ineffective countermeasures we set up? You really believe that?

I am no fan of TSA. But to say they have had no effect other than to oppress American citizens is Trump-level retardation.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 7:25:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Obama has managed a fairly seamless continuation of virtually all of his policies and actions of any consequence. Neither Republicans or Democrats like to consider that very much.
View Quote

When did W. push for universal and gov mandated healthcare?

When did he turn Iraq over to the Iranians and their supporters without a fight?

When did he push to change the definition of marriage?

When did he call for more gun control?

When did he permit the ATF to provide guns to the Cartel?

When did he have a Secretary of State who lost an ambassador and got Americans killed for no reason? How about a SecState who exposed Top Secret documents, only to not be held accountable?

When did W. jump the gun and race bait everything, helping to set back race relations three decades?

FBHO is the biggest fuckup of a president in this countries history, by far. W. Isn't even close. Carter, Clinton and many others were much worse than W. As well.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 7:26:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I think a lot of you lack context.
View Quote

Yes.
I also think a lot of these guys failed high school govt.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 7:27:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#44]
I give him a C.

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 7:29:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Bush #43 started out okay, but took an authoritarian turn after the Muslims brought down the twin towers.

He would not listen to the warnings about the impending housing bust and went full Fascist with the banks when it did happen.

But he was nowhere near as bad as the jug-eared Marxist now infesting the White House.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 7:31:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Very proud that he was my commander-in-chief. He has many faults, but being a Commander of the armed forces wasn't one of them.

I love my country, and would serve under even Obama. But I'm still proud that I never had to serve under a Democrat administration.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 7:33:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Nope.   And he wasn't that much better than Obama has been.

Before his re-election, I was in the "anybody but Bush" camp.  Then they nominated John fucking Kerry and I had to vote for Bush, again.

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 7:38:20 PM EDT
[#48]
A squandered opportunity of epic proportions and the reason Conservatism® has very little credibility today.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 7:44:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Except for his Bank Secrecy Act of 1970, and the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978, he was a good egg.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 7:50:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Those that voted negative. Now imagine Al Gore as president after 9/11. We would have sued the terrorist for peace.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top