Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:34:49 PM EDT
[#1]
i usually just say, "hey dude, you're on fucking fire!!!!!!!!!!!"
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:45:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never seen it happen, but I'm not to paranoid about it.  I've thown lit cigerettes in gas several times just to see if you can really light gas with a cigerette and they go out every time.  Of course it was only small amounts of gas.

Digital
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:49:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I've only had to say something twice.   One woman actually did the "Oh my gosh, i forgot" routine and this other woman just took a big puff and blew it in my direction... then continued looking at her pump and being a dumb twat in general.

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:51:03 PM EDT
[#4]
oh shit.
what i REALLY love is when i see some fucktard changing the propane tank on a forklift with a cigarette in his mouth.........
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:57:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
no.

i don't say anything to smokers, cell phone users, people that don't shut their engines off, folks that walk away from running pumps or folks that dispense gasoline into unapproved containers.

i like living on the edge.

cell phone usage is a myth

+1
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:33:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You should never have killed Spidey's kids...you could have thrown them in cig boy's car.

You never can thing of these things until after it's too late.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:40:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
A cigarette will not light gasoline. I dare you to try it. Get one of those tin foil pans and splash some gasoline in it and leave for a few minutes to vaporize some fumes. Then toss a lit smoke in it. If you're scared drop it in off the end of a shovel.
I guarantee it wont light. I will do it at Gunstock if you're too chicken to try.
BTDT: When I was an apprentice, we were on break once and there was a glass Pepsi bottle on the shelf someone had drained gas into. Guy next to me dropped his cigarette in it and nothing happened. We went out in the parking lot and poured gas out and tried to light it with a cigarette.
It just doesn work.

Well, maybe they should put "Go Ahead And Smoke" signs in at gas stations instead of the usual "No Smoking." Gas is EXTREMELY flammable. Cigarettes are on FIRE. I'm not taking that kind of chance. Have you ever known anyone who's spent months in a burn center? I have.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:55:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:49:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:16:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Gasoline vapors most certainly WILL ignite, it's just they have to be between the LEL (lower explosive limit) and UEL (upper explosive limit), which for gasoline is 1.4% to 7.6% (of the atmosphere by volume). Below that or above that, it will not ignite. Anyone who tosses a cigarette out in one is playing the lottery.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:22:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

this other woman just took a big puff and blew it in my direction... then continued looking at her pump and being a dumb twat in general.

- BUCC_Guy

the mental image of this scene is amusing.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:25:08 AM EDT
[#12]
That never happens in Californistan.

Anyone smoking at the gas pump would cause an immediate SWAT action.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:32:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Can't say that I've seen any smokers, but I will occasionally run into people who leave their engine
running.

"Excuse me. You do know that fueling up with the engine running can get you a ticket, right? That it's
against the law?"
"PFFFFT! Who the f#*$ are you?"
"I'm the fireman with the local fire marshal's # on speed-dial? Wanna see if he's in a good mood?"

Only had to say that a time or two. Usually, they're like, "Oh shit, that's right" and turn them off.

(I'll see if I can find the pic of the roasted van from the Exxon in Woodbridge, where he left his engine
running....)
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:59:15 AM EDT
[#14]
i usually get really rude
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:30:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:19:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't get close enough.  If I see someone smoking, I keep going.  

Here's a good one.  I saw a guy smoking while checking a battery!  It was an old one, and he took the caps off with a lit cig. bitt hanging from his mouth.  It was in NJ:  figures.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:32:13 PM EDT
[#17]
I pumped gas for two years when I was a teenager and in all that time never saw a fire started by a cigarette or engine running. I leave my engine running all the time when I gass up and usually have my briar burning and clenched between my teeth. Never had anyone tell me anything except how good my pipe smells.

Now you can all tell me how stupid I am and how bad you'd stomp my ass if you ever saw me do this.

When gas stations get serious about gassing protocol by attaching ground clamps at each fillup, I'll consider changing my ways.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top