Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#1]
One should be careful of certain bold talk.

Because if no actions follow such talk, one can't help but think the talker is either a coward, or unsure of his stated convictions.

Just my opinion.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#2]
What are you saying? That I talk as if I am starting a revolution?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:09:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

foreign and domestic
- something about that part I think may become more important very soon.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:17:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

No, I'm gonna guess it has something to do with being able to back up what you say.

I'm all for being prepared, and ready. Ever Vigilant. But the time is not yet. We'll all know when, if those events unfold.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I'm gonna guess it has something to do with being able to back up what you say.

But the time is not yet. We'll all know when, if those events unfold.

Yes and that time may be very soon or very distant. But it is not a matter of if its a matter of when.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:40:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
ANd to all of those that chose no, why wouldn't you?

You were doing O.K. until you decided to try and Hijack Thompsondd's topic....

if you want to ask that question try doing your own topic on it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:51:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Talk must eventually must be followed by action, if one is to maintain one's integrity and moral courage.

(Action which I don't support, given any forseable situations)

But by "careful", I mean careful not to overstep one's rhetoric.  It will degrade one's integrity.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:52:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Ok, a little ealboration....

Government is made to govern the country, keep every thing in harmony.

I hate to burst any bubbles, but the role of government is to protect it's citizens and ensure that civil rights.

You disagree? Read the Declaration of Independence

Not to controll every aspect of it. America over threw the colonial rule of the british because they wan't to suck all the profit out of America by taxing it. Now if we let the government get too strong and make us too weak by disarming us we are totally screwed. They could turn our country into a dictatorship. They could make us all slaves. And this is why I will do every thing in my power to make sure they don't.

And thus the reason for the 9th and 10th amendments to the US constitution:

9. The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

10. The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

OK.  I've come to accept that you're sticking to the change.  Who is that then?

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:55:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Talk must eventually must be followed by action, if one is to maintain one's integrity and moral courage.

But by "careful", I mean careful not to overstep one's rhetoric.  It will degrade one's integrity.

Besides, isn't it against Federal Law to even suggest over throwing the US government? That's called sedition right?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:03:02 PM EDT
[#12]
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed, from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.  Pretty much sums it up.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:11:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Besides, isn't it against Federal Law to even suggest over throwing the US government? That's called sedition right?

And it is against AR15.com's Code of Conduct.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:18:09 PM EDT
[#14]
"Treason doth never prosper: what's the reason? Why if it prosper, none dare call it treason." -- Ovid
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
This is the first of what I hope will be a series of questions. I will try to keep a list of links from post to post as the series progresses.

"A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State,
the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."  

— Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

It is my opinion that one of the many reasons that the founding fathers included the Second Amendment as part of the Constitution of the United States was to help the government from becoming to powerful, intrusive, etc and served as a vehicle to allow citizens not only to defend their newly formed country, but also to protect themselves from a such a government as described above.

There is a lot of talk about the government one day may try such things as arms confiscation, subverting itself to a 'world' governing body which infringed on out on sovereignty, etc etc.

Do you consider yourself a patriot that would rise up to protect a principle or principles????

Poll coming.

EDITED: Poll added.

I am a Patriot and a Nationalist

I would gladly fight against any power that would attempt to overthrow the Constitutionally elected government of this country, weather foreign OR domestic ..

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I gotta tell you guys, I have never understood the "us vs. the tyrannical government" believe that a lot of American gun owners hold.  Big government, over-taxation, and endless legislation I understand, but how do so many people make the giant leap from that to the jack-booted soldiers in black marching down the streets to oppress them?  Do people not understand that those of us in the military are raised as Americans in the same manner as everyone else, and we take the very oath quoted above, and take it very seriously?  Who are these mysterious legions of tyranny with their black helicopters that are going to oppress the American people?  I certainly don't know anyone in the military that would tolerate something like that.  Sometimes it sounds like people believe there's a secret clone army out there that the government will call upon when it decides to squash the population, as if Americans in the military aren't real people.  Post-Versailles Nazi Germany I understand, but Americans grow up in a different culture and mindset than that country in that period of history.

Dave
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:24:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK.  I've come to accept that you're sticking to the change.  Who is that then?

It's Cincinnatus:

In 458 BCE (according to tradition), Cincinnatus, who had been consul in 460 BCE, was plowing his fields when messengers arrived to tell him he had been named dictator to defend the city against the Aequi and the Volscians. He took up the supreme command, defeated Rome's enemies, freed the beseiged consul Minucius, and returned to his farm, all within 16 days. Further, he refused the honors that came with his military victories. Legend says he was named dictator a second time in 439 BCE, but there is no foundation for this story.

George Washington was sometimes called an American Cincinnatus because he too held his command only until the defeat of the British and, at a time when he could have chosen to exercise great political power, instead returned as soon as he could to cultivating his lands. After the end of the Revolutionary War, a group of former officers in the (now) American army formed The Society of the Cincinnati, taking the name from the Roman general.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:27:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Patriot to the Constitution........YES

Patriot to the Government.........NO

This is an important distinction!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:50:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed, from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.  Pretty much sums it up.

+1
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:02:36 PM EDT
[#20]
I can not count how many threads reveal this very same sentiment.
It's the secret, or not so secret desire for chaos, anarchy, and revolution.
Never a desire for an outcome, just the fire.  In this way, I think many who share these views are not unlike the enemy we face in Iraq.  They are not insurgents; in that they do not seek to install a new, "better" government.  No.
They just want to kill the opposition, whomever that may be.

Anyone with an ounce of reason can see that "revolution" would equal chaos, and death.
Our foreign enemies would capitalize on our chaos, this I have no doubt.
No man who has children, or who TRULY respects and honors this republic would ever harbor a desire for such a thing.
These wishers for revolt, these anarchy dreamers are simply losers.
Rambo wannabes, guys who watch Red Dawn too much, clowns....
They are disappointed with how boring their lives have turned out.
These are not the caliber of men, who would form a new republic.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:04:53 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm a Super Patriot!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:17:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Never a desire for an outcome, just the fire.  In this way, I think many who share these views are not unlike the enemy we face in Iraq.  They are not insurgents; in that they do not seek to install a new, "better" government.  No.
What happens after a fire? There is nothing left to burn and only peace can fallow.
Anyone with an ounce of reason can see that "revolution" would equal chaos, and death.
Don't all wars?
No man who has children, or who TRULY respects and honors this republic would ever harbor a desire for such a thing. So you think they would rather see their children grow up in a freedomless world filled with tyranny?
But my life has only just begun how can that be true?
These are not the caliber of men, who would form a new republic. So... do you remember what happened in the late 1700's?

Yes you are right, death and blood shed will become of a revolution. But there will be a mass fire fallowed with a rain for us to start anew.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:30:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What happens after a fire? There is nothing left to burn and only peace can fallow.

So naive.
"only peace"?  How about tyranny and slavery?  That's an option, as well.  There's also disease, famine, and other joys.

Don't all wars?

Yes.  
Not exactly what one would wish upon one's homeland, is it?

No man who has children, or who TRULY respects and honors this republic would ever harbor a desire for such a thing. So you think they would rather see their children grow up in a freedomless world filled with tyranny?

Oh, is that my option?  Just those choices?
Again, I guarantee that you have no children.  (Thank God)

Ask yourself that question.

Gosh, disaffected youth with no hope, and a feeling that the future will be boring and pointless...

Such a novel concept.  We don't see that too often.

These are not the caliber of men, who would form a new republic. So... do you remember what happened in the late 1700's?

I sure do.  Learned men.  Men of courage, and unmatched wisdom formed a new Nation.
Is that you?
I doubt it.

Yes you are right, death and blood shed will become of a revolution. But there will be a mass fire fallowed with a rain for us to start anew.

Oh good God, get over yourself.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:37:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Normally I would pick a stupid option because POLLS are Fucking Dumb for the most part.  But even I could not vote NO on this one.

+1

I could not agree more about the polls, most are moronic.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:01:36 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So naive.
"only peace"?  How about tyranny and slavery?  That's an option, as well.  There's also disease, famine, and other joys.

Although this may be true, do you think the new government will be as likely to repeat the cycle?

Don't all wars?

Yes.  
Not exactly what one would wish upon one's homeland, is it?

No, but its better than living in tranny

Oh, is that my option?  Just those choices?
Again, I guarantee that you have no children.  (Thank God)

Ask yourself that question.

Gosh, disaffected youth with no hope, and a feeling that the future will be boring and pointless...

Such a novel concept.  We don't see that too often.

I sure do.  Learned men.  Men of courage, and unmatched wisdom formed a new Nation.
Is that you?
I doubt it.

Maybe not me, but someone.

Oh good God, get over yourself.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:39:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Learn the board code.
Your posts are incoherent.

Such laziness is exactly what I expect from our "bored youth".  

Maybe not me, but someone...

"Someone else will do it."

What a fitting motto.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:58:35 AM EDT
[#27]
damn skippy
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:46:54 AM EDT
[#28]
I am patriotic.

Am I a whinning, armchair commando, all my problems are because of the government "patriot"?  No.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:20:30 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Learn the board code.

I was rushing out to the school bus. And lets talk about the issue not insult each other. Continuing to do so will cause the locking of this thread.

What a fitting motto.

You said I was not suited to start a new country, maybe I'm not suited but someone will be.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:47:24 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Learn the board code.

I was rushing out to the school bus. And lets talk about the issue not insult each other. Continuing to do so will cause the locking of this thread.

What a fitting motto.

You said I was not suited to start a new country, maybe I'm not suited but someone will be.

Well, actually I said that...

"...Losers, Rambo wannabes, guys who watch Red Dawn too much, clowns....
These are not the caliber of men, who would form a new republic."

If you're saying the shoe fits, I'm certainly not going to argue with you.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Learn the board code.

What a fitting motto.

Well, actually I said that...

"...Losers, Rambo wannabes, guys who watch Red Dawn too much, clowns....
These are not the caliber of men, who would form a new republic."

If you're saying the shoe fits, I'm certainly not going to argue with you.

No, you said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sure do. Learned men. Men of courage, and unmatched wisdom formed a new Nation.
Is that you?
I doubt it.

Maybe I am not a man of courage. And of unmatched wisdom. For I am just a boy that has not had the experiences in life to be judged on courage and wisdom, and I do not feel it right to judge myself on these matters. I think it is best they be left to others.

Is there a reson to argue further? I see you are stubbern and stand up for what you beleive in. I admire that for I can relate because I share those same traits.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:44:56 PM EDT
[#32]

A patriot must be ready at all times to defend his country from the government(if need be)
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:51:15 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

A patriot must be ready at all times to defend his country from the government(if need be)

I agree with you, well except for the . I am not a "commando" wannabe. I would perfer to live my life away from the stupidity which is the human race. But if I must fight to accomplish theese goals, so be it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top