Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:01:07 AM EDT
[#1]
No need to let them in.  They are assessing the value of the structure, not the contents.  In most areas they already have your house plans from when it was built, and any improvements from the building permit.  That is why they ask the value of the construction when you pull a permit.  After that they use satellite photos to see if you added on without pulling a permit; plot out the values of the property in your neighbor and look for differences; and do a drive-by.  There is no need for them to come into your house.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:32:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope.

trimmed

Yes, NJ has awful propety taxes...second only to CA, MA and RI.

<<sigh>>

Another idiot comment about CA by a know-nothing.  What makes you think (using the word incorrectly because obviously you didn't think) CA has high property taxes?

Well thank you for calling me an IDIOT know nothing.
CofC violation much PaDanby????

What it was, was a slip....I meant CT as in CONNECTICUT

Maine has since been replaced by MA...A local report on a local station claims we three NEW ENGLAND states and NJ are the highest in the nation.

I'm terribly freaking sorry to have gotten your ass in a freaken twist enough for you to call me names like a child does in the schoolyard over a freaken type O.

You owe me an apology. IM sent.

As from your link..

Taxing your turf
The five highest local property tax states  

State   Per capita property taxes  
New Jersey  $1,871  
Connecticut  $1,733  
Maine  $1,439  
New York  $1,402  
Rhode Island  $1,368  

NJ is still the highest.

ETA: The drama is loud in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:40:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

NJ is still the highest.

ETA: The drama is loud in this thread.

Old report...RI is the highest according to the new one (which I cannot find).
I have a cousin in Mt. Laurel, so I know you guys are being raped.

Sorry if it seems dramatic, but I really am sick and tired of people mouthing off and calling people names on here that they would NOT have the balls to do in person.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:41:36 AM EDT
[#4]
they may enter...................

but getting out is another problem.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:41:49 AM EDT
[#5]
No way.

The only way I'd let anyone into my home who was working for the government would be if they had a warrant.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:48:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Sorry if it seems dramatic, but I really am sick and tired of people mouthing off and calling people names on here that they would NOT have the balls to do in person.

Tis the net.

People have balls the size of elephants on here.

But the size of peas in 'real life'.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:58:22 AM EDT
[#7]
"Do you allow your tax assessors access to your home?"

Absolutely Not.     TT
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 6:01:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope.

trimmed

<<sigh>>

Another idiot comment about CA by a know-nothing.  What makes you think (using the word incorrectly because obviously you didn't think) CA has high property taxes?

Maine has since been replaced by MA...A local report on a local station claims we three NEW ENGLAND states and NJ are the highest in the nation.

I'm terribly freaking sorry to have gotten your ass in a freaken twist enough for you to call me names like a child does in the schoolyard over a freaken type O.

As I responded to your whine in the E-mail "Publish and be damned."  You made a stupid mistake and have admitted it.  Cry to the Mods.  If you are going to rant around here you need to be correct about your bitching.  Maybe I wasn't talking about you maybe I was.  

Who's got the picture of the WHAAAAmbulance?  OOOOh I made a typo and somebody was , sniff, nasty to me.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 4:08:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope.

trimmed

<<sigh>>

As I responded to your whine in the E-mail "Publish and be damned."  You made a stupid mistake and have admitted it.  Cry to the Mods.  If you are going to rant around here you need to be correct about your bitching.  Maybe I wasn't talking about you maybe I was.  

Who's got the picture of the WHAAAAmbulance?  OOOOh I made a typo and somebody was , sniff, nasty to me.  

MAYBE you weren't talking about me?
Cripes...you QUOTED me. Man up!

My mistake was stupid.
Yours was belligerant and ignorant and uneccessarily defensive.
And I believe that's because you're overly sensitive about the bashing your state gets on here. Wanna join me in that whaaambulance ride?

At least *I* was big enough to admit I made a mistake.

Shame you're not.

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 4:26:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

do you limit their access to the outside or do you allow them to walk thru your home?

We usually allow them to go in past the front gates, if you don't allow them in, they'll do a "best effort, best guess" assessment of your property and that is the last thing that I want them to do. I'm always courteous to these individuals, let them do their "job".

Have a good morning.

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 5:19:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Nope.

The little nitwit that works for the assessor accused us of illegally finishing our basement and wanted to assess us for 100% finished basement... (walkout)  It was a house that had just been built, and if she had looked at the plans in her hands, she'd see that the basement exterior walls had to have sheetrock on them to meet code.  No interior dividers, ceilings, or floor coverings down there mind you, just the exterior walls.

Now, she comes around, bangs on the door, wakes up the finally sleeping 3 month old baby, and accuses my wife of lying to her, and gets really nasty.  Fortunatly, my wife denied her entry, and things ended.

When the tax bill came that year, the basement was still unfinished, so someone must have got into that gals head that sheetrock does not finished space make.

I'm building a barn now, and expect to have her out again.  I'm also putting up a gate at my driveway on our private road, (to go with the new main gate my neighbors put in) so if she wants to go peeking in our windows again, she's gonna have to walk a mile through rattlesnake infested pasture and dirt roads.

Does Molon Labe apply to assessment inspections?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top