Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:11:52 PM EDT
[#1]
The possibilty of no more "snap, crackle, pop" when I walk?  Maybe a little less "popping" in my elbow and shoulder?  I definatly have to give it a try.

Thanks for the info AClay47.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:20:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:41:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Try trigger point therapy first for aching, popping joints.  Could just be a muscle issue.

As for glucosamine... never had it do anything for me.  Also there is some studies that show it may cause problems with diabetes.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:51:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree, it works for my old joints. My vet uses it for spine and joint ailments in dogs also.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, this is an active forum!!!!

Thank you, Campybob! You all have a fine Discussion Board!  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:55:27 PM EDT
[#6]
AClay47 - thanks for the thread!  

However, in my case you’re preaching to the choir.

I’ve been taking glucosamine and chondroitin for four years (I’m still up in the air over MSM).  While I can’t be absolutely certain, they are probably responsible for the marked improvement I’ve experienced in that time period with the arthritis in my knees.

Unfortunately, they don’t seem to have done much with the arthritis in my hands and neck.

Still, I can now go up and down stairs without using the handrail as a crutch – and accidentally dropping something on the floor no longer causes the despair that it once did!!  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:45:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I am going to have to check into this, thanks!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top