Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:59:26 AM EDT
[#1]
sounds like a pretty simple equation to me...

group of 6 guys + booze + boredom + opportunity + victim wearing a gun = 4 guys
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:03:43 AM EDT
[#2]
The real question is if you you jumped by 6 guys and your where carring a 1911 (8 round mag) would you double tap , or would you spread the love around to all involed ?
BTW good shoot in my book
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:06:52 AM EDT
[#3]
OK Wawa...is Indian, as in Native American, for Goose, and NBC is rela lame here, major liberal. My Nephew works for a real NBC station and cracks up over their news, it is worse when you see the Atlantic City NBC news....
But Philly is the home or that arch Liberal, Clinton wannabe Rendell... They media is so anti gun here it is sickening.
And my .45 carries 13 rounds....
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:08:27 AM EDT
[#4]
2 punks get to meet their maker to account for their lives, what's the problem?  This proves my theory that nothing good happens outside your home after midnight.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:09:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Wait..so did 2 perps die...or one?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:14:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
images.ibsys.com/2005/0328/4321687.jpg

"I really hope they catch this guy," said Steven Taylor, Matt's brother. "But Matt is the hero. He will stop in front of a bullet for anybody."

Can anyone make sense of this?  Or did the hair job affect his brain?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:17:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The real question is if you you jumped by 6 guys and your where carring a 1911 (8 round mag) would you double tap , or would you spread the love around to all involed ?

HEY!!!

it's just like Christmas dinner.
everyone get's firsts before anyone gets seconds.
and you start giving the "left overs" to those who need them the most.
reload and unload.  repeat as needed.

one day they are going to meet an IDPA master class shooter.
talk about a high body count.  8 shots, 8 dead including two head shots.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:18:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"I really hope they catch this guy," said Steven Taylor, Matt's brother. "But Matt is the hero. He will stop in front of a bullet for anybody."

Can anyone make sense of this?  Or did the hair job affect his brain?

the brother is under the assumption that his bro was trying to break up the fight and is a hero for doing so while under fire.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:24:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Extra mag or perhaps a better choice...

GLOCK 21, problem solved 2 nice 45 rounds for everyone!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:25:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It will be interesting to get the full story later.

Heres a slide show  www.nbc10.com/slideshow/news/4321676/detail.html?qs=;s=1;p=news;dm=ss;w=320

Pic 9 in the slideshow....looks like Dad got all dressed up for the family portrait on the wall.

"If you wear a tank top to have your picture taken with your family at the Wal Mart photo center, you might be a redneck."

Whatever. Too bad some of the shitbags survived.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:44:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Hmm.. I might get flamed for this but so be it. Few points, I agree that the shooting was justified, there is absolutely not denying that. However I don't think we should be celebrating the death of this kid. Next on to the underage drinking comments, thats bullshit, how many of you drank underage? Don't try to pull it out now cuz it suits your point of view this time. To me it seems like a bunch of dumbass kids had a hotel party, it got out of hand and were kicked out, ok, this happens. They then went to a Wawa and were starting trouble cuz they were shitfaced. They got into it with this guy for whatever reason, their fault I have no doubt.

What I want to know is if he could have "drawn down" and gotten the drunken shitheads to back off. Now don't get me wrong, I find no fault in him opening fire, however I do wonder if he could have gotten them to back off by brandishing his weapon and then having the cops called and assault charges filed against them thus savign him the trouble that this is causing and saving this kids life.

The point I am trying to make is we've all done stupid things when we're drunk young and stupid. I think this kid deserved a good one on one ass kicking, I am just not sure if he deserved to die. I also think the shooter showed alot of restraint, from the way the story is written it sounds like he took a beating before drawing his weapon and opening fire.

Also to that shithead clerk, why didn't he call the cops to begin with when there wasa customer being jumped in his parking lot. The Wawa's I've seen all have signs in the parking lots saying not to gather or the police will be called, probably to prevent situations like this. I think there is alot of blame to go around here, and its all Monday morning quarterbacking at this point. I think it sucks a kid got killed for being so damn stupid, I think it sucks this poor guy had to kill a kid and now his life is going to be shit for quite awhile. Were I him I'd move far far away as soon as possible since no doubt he'll be known as a murderer in this area for may years to come Just trying to put a different perspective here rather than congratulate this guy for killing someone, somehow I don't think he'd be echoing the sentiments seen on here as he has to live with what happened and I don't think he wanted to kill someone when he went out that night.

Steve
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:50:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
A "WAWA" is a convenience store similar to a 7/11 with stores in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and I think Delaware.

They are corporate owned and not franchised out like the 7/11 stores...

I actually thought "Wawa" was "7/11" in Ebonics... you know, Philly and all.  

Good shoot. The rest of the scum can go to hell.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:53:13 AM EDT
[#13]
"My baby didn't hurt nobody!!!"
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:56:32 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Hmm.. I might get flamed for this but so be it. Few points, I agree that the shooting was justified, there is absolutely not denying that. However I don't think we should be celebrating the death of this kid. Next on to the underage drinking comments, thats bullshit, how many of you drank underage? Don't try to pull it out now cuz it suits your point of view this time. To me it seems like a bunch of dumbass kids had a hotel party, it got out of hand and were kicked out, ok, this happens. They then went to a Wawa and were starting trouble cuz they were shitfaced. They got into it with this guy for whatever reason, their fault I have no doubt.

What I want to know is if he could have "drawn down" and gotten the drunken shitheads to back off. Now don't get me wrong, I find no fault in him opening fire, however I do wonder if he could have gotten them to back off by brandishing his weapon and then having the cops called and assault charges filed against them thus savign him the trouble that this is causing and saving this kids life.

The point I am trying to make is we've all done stupid things when we're drunk young and stupid. I think this kid deserved a good one on one ass kicking, I am just not sure if he deserved to die. I also think the shooter showed alot of restraint, from the way the story is written it sounds like he took a beating before drawing his weapon and opening fire.

Also to that shithead clerk, why didn't he call the cops to begin with when there wasa customer being jumped in his parking lot. The Wawa's I've seen all have signs in the parking lots saying not to gather or the police will be called, probably to prevent situations like this. I think there is alot of blame to go around here, and its all Monday morning quarterbacking at this point. I think it sucks a kid got killed for being so damn stupid, I think it sucks this poor guy had to kill a kid and now his life is going to be shit for quite awhile. Were I him I'd move far far away as soon as possible since no doubt he'll be known as a murderer in this area for may years to come Just trying to put a different perspective here rather than congratulate this guy for killing someone, somehow I don't think he'd be echoing the sentiments seen on here as he has to live with what happened and I don't think he wanted to kill someone when he went out that night.

Steve

Unfortunately these punks picked the wrong guy to gang up on...they got what they deserved, if I was one guy, getting jumped by six, and I had a weapon...I would try to cap as many as possible. In that situation my life is worth a whole lot more than all of theirs combined....
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:00:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:07:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Good shoot. I'd have done the same thing, only maybe a little sooner.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:19:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Next on to the underage drinking comments, thats bullshit, how many of you drank underage? Don't try to pull it out now cuz it suits your point of view this time. To me it seems like a bunch of dumbass kids had a hotel party, it got out of hand and were kicked out, ok, this happens. They then went to a Wawa and were starting trouble cuz they were shitfaced. They got into it with this guy for whatever reason, their fault I have no doubt.

Steve

Big difference here is that when my buddies and I underage drank we didn't start fights.  We might have been accused of singing Tesla very poorly "Long haired freaky people need not apply...", but my group of friends were into having fun without assaulting people.

A thug or bully will eventually meet someone he shouldn't have messed with.  In this case he didn't learn that lesson in high school and had to learn it in the real world where stupidity is more likely to be fatal.

Kent
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:24:08 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I was severely intoxicated more times than I care to remember as a minor. I drank my fair share well before I turned 21. When in High School, I repeatedly made an effort to get drunk with at least 40 of my other stupid classmates, every chance I got.

None of us ever ganged up on anybody, or tried to hurt them. These idiots got what they had coming.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:28:28 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Next on to the underage drinking comments, thats bullshit, how many of you drank underage? Don't try to pull it out now cuz it suits your point of view this time. To me it seems like a bunch of dumbass kids had a hotel party, it got out of hand and were kicked out, ok, this happens. They then went to a Wawa and were starting trouble cuz they were shitfaced. They got into it with this guy for whatever reason, their fault I have no doubt.

Steve

Big difference here is that when my buddies and I underage drank we didn't start fights.  We might have been accused of singing Tesla very poorly "Long haired freaky people need not apply...", but my group of friends were into having fun without assaulting people.

Did we know each other 10 years go?

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:33:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

"You're only issued so many stupid tickets, then you die..."

The Wawa...? WTF is a Wawa?

Think 7-11, only cleaner.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:39:11 AM EDT
[#21]
The point I was trying to make regarding the drinking which apparently I failed to do is that pulling out the underage drinking card is hypocritical. Generally the kind of people who would do this when drunk will do similar things when sober. The fact it was a group effort reinforced this, at least in my head. Hell I've done many stupid things to include waking up to girls I'd really love to forget but I don't get violent. I am not saying its an excuse, quite the contrary. I've had hotel parties and the only bad result were marks on my body the next day, and not from fighting If these jerks can't control themselves when drunk then I doubt they exercise much self control when sober.

All I was trying to say is that while these guys were jerks, and deserved a great amount of physical pain, I don't know if they deserved to die and I find it kind of disturbing that so many are celebrating the death of a 19 year old boy, regardless of his stupidity. That is my main issue here, not that he got shot, had I been in the poor guys situation I would probably have done the same thing, fearing death and already enduring bodily harm he was certainly justified in the heat of the moment. Just giving a different perspective than the love fest for killing the kid thats goin on.  Like I said, just some Monday morning quarterbacking on my part so take it for what its worth.

Steve
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:41:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Good thing they didn't jump Jerry Miculek
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:43:55 AM EDT
[#23]

"Have you seen my crack pipe?"  Asked Stephen Taylor, brother of Matt.  "Matt's the real hero, he was always able to find my crack pipe no matter wheres I left it.  Fuck man."

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:47:46 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The point I was trying to make regarding the drinking which apparently I failed to do is that pulling out the underage drinking card is hypocritical. Generally the kind of people who would do this when drunk will do similar things when sober. The fact it was a group effort reinforced this, at least in my head. Hell I've done many stupid things to include waking up to girls I'd really love to forget but I don't get violent. I am not saying its an excuse, quite the contrary. I've had hotel parties and the only bad result were marks on my body the next day, and not from fighting If these jerks can't control themselves when drunk then I doubt they exercise much self control when sober.

All I was trying to say is that while these guys were jerks, and deserved a great amount of physical pain, I don't know if they deserved to die and I find it kind of disturbing that so many are celebrating the death of a 19 year old boy, regardless of his stupidity. That is my main issue here, not that he got shot, had I been in the poor guys situation I would probably have done the same thing, fearing death and already enduring bodily harm he was certainly justified in the heat of the moment. Just giving a different perspective than the love fest for killing the kid thats goin on.  Like I said, just some Monday morning quarterbacking on my part so take it for what its worth.

Steve

They deserved more than physical pain. When *6* people gang up on somebody and start beating the crap out of him, it's safe to assume they want to either a) Cause him GREAT bodily harm, or b) Kill him. Either justifies the use of deadly force, in my book.

I celebrate the death of any shitbag who's party to something like this, whether he's 19 or not. And "boy"? Not at his age. Hell, I was married and owned a house at 19. He's not getting a pass from me because of his age. He's a man - a right stupid (and dead) one, but a man nonetheless.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:48:58 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Steve

They deserved more than physical pain. When *6* people gang up on somebody and start beating the crap out of him, it's safe to assume they want to either a) Cause him GREAT bodily harm, or b) Kill him. Either justifies the use of deadly force, in my book.

I celebrate the death of any shitbag who's party to something like this, whether he's 19 or not. And "boy"? Not at his age. Hell, I was married and owned a house at 19. He's not getting a pass from me because of his age. He's a man - a right stupid (and dead) one, but a man nonetheless.

He’s a violent criminal that could have hurt an innocent person a lot worse than he did.
People like him are the main reason I have firearms.  Protection.

He got exactly what he had coming.  This is what should happen to everyone who jumps people and starts beating them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:28:13 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Thats why i carry my Para 14.45  + 1 in chamber -- whole lotta love for all.

Zepelin plays in the background.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:48:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:31:18 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Why is that news site calling it a murder?

www.nbc10.com/slideshow/news/4321676/detail.html?qs=;s=1;p=news;dm=ss;w=320

Tell me that's an old site.  Last I heard about this case the shooter stayed at WAWA and questioned/released by police.  Protest march happened because the Bucks County DA would not press charges against shooter.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Classes I have taken say spread the love.... when there are multiple threats, each gets one round and then you reassess.

Yo homie!

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:37:32 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why is that news site calling it a murder?

www.nbc10.com/slideshow/news/4321676/detail.html?qs=;s=1;p=news;dm=ss;w=320

Tell me that's an old site.  Last I heard about this case the shooter stayed at WAWA and questioned/released by police.  Protest march happened because the Bucks County DA would not press charges against shooter.

Probably because that slideshow is part of the original news story from way back in April.  Police were remaining tight lipped due to an ongoing investigation.  Shooter was remaining closed mouthed (and still is apparently) for his own protection.  Only the assbags and their supporters/families were probably talking, giving their lying side of the story.

It doesn't sound as good for your side to say to the camera, "We drunkenly attacked some guy at a convenience store and we got shot for it."   Call it unprovoked and the other guy a murderer as you're the only guy talking.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:39:32 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Classes I have taken say spread the love.... when there are multiple threats, each gets one round and then you reassess.

Yo homie!

members.cox.net/themacallan/Collateral.gif

That clip is the sh*t!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:45:39 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
"Who brings a gun to Wawa?" .

Me, if I ever went to one.
Who brings a gun to McDonalds? Me.
Who brings a gun to Home Depot? Me.
Who brings a gun to the movie theatre? Me.
I could go on....couldn't WE all?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:51:10 AM EDT
[#33]

""I really hope they catch this guy," said Steven Taylor, Matt's brother. "But Matt is the hero. He will stop in front of a bullet for anybody."

Evidently he did, but that doesn't make him a hero, jackass.....

Oh and nice haircut too.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:55:49 AM EDT
[#34]
This reminds me of the story of Soddom and Gommorah.

Everything is backasswards anymore and the tail wags the dog.
The only hope for the Republic is for decent people to rise up and kick some serious ass.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yo homie!

members.cox.net/themacallan/Collateral.gif

My favorite part of the movie. In fact, just a few minutes ago I was talking about this at work. But you left out the best part, the coupe de gras, the head shot on the first perp. Fucking awesome.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:05:03 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.  Don't get target fixation.

I'm amazed they're still trying to get 'justice' - this was a clean shoot, and was ruled so months ago.  All that I'm surprised by is that the 'youths' aren't going to trial.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:05:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Six guys jump one guy and he is supposed to do something other than shoot these punks? Pfft. Sounds like a good shoot to me.

I used to do stupid stuff like get drunk with my buddies too, but it never, ever involved starting any kind of fight, much less ganging up on someone. They got what they deserved. People will learn, sometimes the hard way, that doing stupid shit will get you killed.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:12:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Fuck with a bull, you get the horns. It is not always easy to tell the sheep from the bulls.

I hope this type of situation serves as a lesson for guys who think a 5 shot revolver will always be sufficient. Maybe those "hi-cap" semi autos for CCW aren't so silly after all.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:16:15 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

""I really hope they catch this guy," said Steven Taylor, Matt's brother. "But Matt is the hero. He will stop in front of a bullet for anybody."

Oh and nice haircut too.

Kinda that Ronald McDonald/Joker hairdo that so popular with the inbred .

Also look at the family pic in the background .What kind of Dad takes a family portrait wearing a wife-beater?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:16:25 PM EDT
[#40]

"Who brings a gun to Wawa?" one man asked anyone who would listen.

A guy who went home that night instead of bleeding out in a Wawa parking lot.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:32:16 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Steve

Being jumped by six guys is not "boys will be boys" type behavior.  If this was one on one, you might have a point (but it could still be a good shoot, regardless).  However, when six people gang up on one is, IMHO, indicative of a criminal mindset.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:43:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Tagged. I'd like to know how all this shakes out.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:55:40 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Steve

Make note-----

"You're only issued so many stupid tickets, then you die..."

This boy used his all up...

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:56:52 PM EDT
[#44]
George Harrison don't need no Wawa...!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:22:28 PM EDT
[#45]
someone should print out the content of thread and send it to the taylors and ryzinskis.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:31:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Nothing but thumbs over here.

Good shoot.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:36:19 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
The point I was trying to make regarding the drinking which apparently I failed to do is that pulling out the underage drinking card is hypocritical. Generally the kind of people who would do this when drunk will do similar things when sober.

Steve

The thing is, as you mentioned, they were likely to do things like that in their day to day lives
the GOOD part, is that they did it to someone that was able to deal with it...........
instead of your mother, your sister, your daughter, or anyone elses...........
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:37:37 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Taylor died at the hospital as a result of a bullet that entered just below his sternum and exited below his right shoulder blade.

Sounds to me like the shooter was on the ground and didnt exactly draw down...more of a...drew up?

that line stuck in my head too, seems like and odd angle, that is unless you are on the ground firing in a upward direction, the the one you might be at if 6 guys were around you beating on you.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#49]
A couple of thugs got shot being thugs. So what.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Oh and nice haircut too.

Looks like a brother/cous to Jerry Lee Lewis, aka "the Killer".
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top