Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 9:52:24 AM EDT
[#1]
That reminds me of the movie Transporter 3, the girl in that film had something on her upper lip.  I can't tell, but it might be moles or freckles.  You make the call.

http://www.1920x1200.net/posts/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/natalya_rudakova_1920_1200_feb022009.jpg
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 9:54:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow, lots of real intelligent replies here .

My .02.  I've gotten pimples on the edges of my lips.  Unfortunately I've always been prone to acne and at 33 I still get pimples here and there.

My ex wife had cold sores (HSV 1).  I had a full STD screen recently and it looks like I have the antibody for HSV 1 so I've been exposed to it but I've never had a cold sore (we were married 10 years).  Some people have stronger immune systems than others and you just won't develop sores. HSV 2 is a lot more problematic.

I guess you could avoid someone to try to not catch HSV 1 but chances are you'll catch it anyway and not know it from somebody.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 10:05:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You DO know that there is a difference between how you get 'Herpes' the STD, and the variant of the same virus that causes cold sores, right?

You DO know that both methods of transmission work for both variants of the virus, and that the cross-swapping of strains has gotten to the point where the difference between HSV1 and HSV2 is mostly academic, right?
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 10:13:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That reminds me of the movie Transporter 3, the girl in that film had something on her upper lip.  I can't tell, but it might be moles or freckles.  You make the call.

http://www.1920x1200.net/posts/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/natalya_rudakova_1920_1200_feb022009.jpg

She gotz da aids.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 10:15:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Which lips are we talking about here?

I can asume its the money lips we're talkin' bout'
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 10:17:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Everyone by age 2 or so has been exposed to herpes 1. It can be a very bad infection if you get Primary Herpes 1 later in life with pain and scarring.

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Considering 80% of the population has Herpes 1 (oral version) it's a good chance that is what it is.

Some people have the virus and never show any signs of it.  No big deal.

Spoken Like a true 80%er vs. the careful maybe lucky 20%.

Yes I dumped a young lady because she had em.

No cold sores here. I am also older now would probably take hotness into consideration nowadays.

you are a virgin arent you?
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#8]
People who get cold sores are often exposed to the virus by their parents.  There is a HUGE difference between cold sores and genital herpes (whether orally or genitally transmitted).  Those who show signs of cold sores often do so during stress or illness.  A drop in the immune system allows the virus (which is always in the system, often collecting around nerve endings, hence why they show up around the lips) to re-populate.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 11:10:29 AM EDT
[#9]
It is only contagious while in the vesicular stage........if it is crusted over, it is no longer contagious and you are good to go.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 11:17:57 AM EDT
[#10]
What is your "friend" doing dating 15 year old girls who still get acne?
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 11:26:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since pimples on lips are so common, it's going to be hard to tell.

LOL

To the OP: go for it.  Hopefully whatever disease she gives you makes you sterile.

LOL for both of y'all....

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 11:30:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Let me double check the location of the "Bump" I will report back kater if its actually on the lip or the borderline skin lip area.

Just tell that chick you need a pic so ARFCOM can decide if she is hittable or not!

That should work.....

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 11:38:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Images removed... Please read the CoC...VA-gunnut
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 5:32:09 PM EDT
[#14]
maybe it's just an ingrown whisker
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#15]
It's ok, I'm pretty sure she just got it from a public bathroom seat.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 5:42:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Rub your wonker on it..

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 5:47:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Considering 80% of the population has Herpes 1 (oral version) it's a good chance that is what it is.

Some people have the virus and never show any signs of it.  No big deal.

Spoken Like a true 80%er vs. the careful maybe lucky 20%.

Yes I dumped a young lady because she had em.

No cold sores here. I am also older now would probably take hotness into consideration nowadays.

you are a virgin arent you?

hahahaha!
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 5:50:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Coldsores are actually very common.. (Oral Herpes)

Just DO NOT let her give any oral sex while she has a cold sore.  It can easily transmit it to you, and then you wind up with genital herpes... NOT good  
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Gotta love the Arfcom herpes threads.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 5:55:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Fuckin A.

/puts away sammich
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 10:06:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You DO know that there is a difference between how you get 'Herpes' the STD, and the variant of the same virus that causes cold sores, right?

And once again, Dave_A shows his ignorance.

HSV1 and HSV2 are different strains, but either one can infect anyone anywhere.  And there is no difference whatsoever in how they are transmitted.

HSV-1 is typically oral, HSV-2 is typically genital.

Yes, they can "cross over." Guess how.

But HSV-1 is still typically oral, and HSV-2 is still typically genital.

Nope, either can go in either place.  If someone has HSV2 on the lip, and kisses someone else on the lips, guess what virus the second person is going to end up getting on his/her lips?

If someone has HSV1 in her twat or on his cock, and has unprotected sex (or even protected sex, if female), the other party can get it on his/her genitals.

Yeah, I realize you admitted that, but you don't seem to get that the two strains are only marginally more "typical" in either given location.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 10:09:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It is only contagious while in the vesicular stage........if it is crusted over, it is no longer contagious and you are good to go.

False, and as a vet you should know better.  They have documented that it can pass between sexual partners even when there is no outbreak.  Since it works that way on the genitals, it'll do the same from anywhere else on the body, as long as there is sufficient contact (e.g., the high school wrestlers who get herpes on their arms, back, legs, etc.).
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 10:13:19 PM EDT
[#23]
You're going to have to Google pictures of oral herpes (cold sores) and compare.  FWIW, oral herpes is not necessarily the same thing as genital herpes.  Oral herpes can easily be transmitted by contact that is other than sexual in nature.  

A huge number of people have been exposed to oral herpes without developing symptoms, though these people do occasionally transmit the virus.  These people do not know they are carriers, that being why the virus is so prevalent.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 10:32:54 PM EDT
[#24]

save that crap for /b/  

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 10:56:23 PM EDT
[#25]

Second pic just looks like someone enjoyed a powdered doughnut too much.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#26]
One provides a gift that keeps on giving. The other does not. 50/50 chance, huh?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 1:25:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Whats this shit about 90% of people have herpes? wtf?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 1:39:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Many more than 90% of people have been exposed to HSV 1. Again, you want to be exposed as a young child, as most people are, because Primary Herpes 1 on an adult can be a mess.

Yes, you have Herpes.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Combination of HSV1 and HSV2

For example, I was exposed to HSV1 in basic training, when someone else accidentally grabbed my canteen & drank from it... And now I get a small cold sore occasionally...

No sexual transmission involved, but I do have a form of the Herpes virus...
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 2:17:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

For example, I was exposed to HSV1 in basic training, when someone else accidentally grabbed my canteen & drank from it... And now I get a small cold sore occasionally...

Just don't be eating any poontang (or giving hummers) while you have that nastyness on your face and its all good.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 2:34:30 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Just don't be eating any poontang (or giving hummers) while you have that nastyness on your face and its all good.

That's not true either.  There are people that may have herpes and the virus may be active, but they do not have any visible sores, and maybe never had any before in their life.  You can still get it from them!!!

I think (and any virologists or physicians on here can jump in) HSV1 is active about once a year even if there are no visible signs.  HSV2 is usually more than that.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 2:40:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My "friend" is intrested in a girl and she is smoking hot.

It was noticed she has a "pimple" on her lip.

Is there anyway to tell if its a pimple or teh Herpes?

As far as I know the pimple appeared recently.

Pics are going to be hard to get so I cant promise those but I will try so no need to ask.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 4:35:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, don't suck any dicks.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:14:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Update:

It appears to have come to a "head" and is not on the actual lip but near the border. So looks like a pimple.

I think I am my friend is good to go.

Sorry no pics.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top