Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:48:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Yup I've been "disciplined" with "objects" and the hand. I'm now 16 and the belting stopped somewhere around 10-12. At some point in my life I realized if I don't do anything wrong I don't get the belt, "switch", or anything else that was in arms reach, so I just started being good and keeping my room clean.

I'm sure that I deserved every bit of it and that it has made me a better kid today. No drugs here, and my parents always tell me that people compliment them on my manners.

Well my sister other hand is now 15 and she still hasn't learned, she doesn't get smacked with a belt or anything but she gets it in the mouth for back talking. Then my dad who enlisted in the Army when he was 18 now has 17 years in the Army under his belt. So if he starts yelling he sounds like a frickin' boot instructor! I've never had this happen to me but my sister normally gets it on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:03:20 AM EDT
[#2]
You guys are bringing back memories. Used to get it all the time. I've been spanked, slapped, smacked, punched, backhanded w/ a closed fist (5yo), pulled by the ear (which explains why they're so f'ing big), pulled by the hair. Hit with wooden spoons, sticks, flyswatters (both ends), fishing pole, 4' fibreglass CB antenna, cast aluminum pan, had dirty mop water thrown on me, nearly boiling water thrown on me, oh and how can I foget that BIG ASS leather belt (I've got one of my own now)? All in all not too bad of an experience...made me the man I am today. BTW Drill Sargeants had nothin' on my momma.

Edited to add: Yes I deserved some of it. [BD]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:08:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:13:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the kind words beekeeper, I just treat others how I would like to be treated, simple as that.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:21:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I can't remember ever really being swatted that much, but then I was always a good boy![:D]

My dad used to say, that when he was young, he never feared being in trouble with the police, it was if his parents ever found out that he did something wrong that the consequence when he got home scared him.  Unfortunately a lot of that is lost on today's parents.

Let's face it, a lot of crime is committed in this country, violent and non violent by unsupervised, bad kids that don't get any discipline at home.  These overconfident kids aren't even scared of, or respect the police.  Sorta like the people who buy "outdoor" cats, and let them roam free in the neighborhood.  They only want them as pets when [i]they[/i] want to have them around.  The rest of the time, let them be someone else's problem.

Unfortunately in this country, there are a lot of kids that are better off spending time on the streets, than being home with drug and excessive alcohol addicted parents that may also be criminals.

Since we make parents [i]financially[/i] responsible for the minor trouble that their kids get into, ie; vandalism, I thinks it's about time to make parents [i]criminally[/i] responsible for the crimes their minor children commit.  

Yes, there are good parents with bad, uncontrollable kids, but most kids in street gangs and committing violent crime in this country have bad parents that fail to keep a leash on the monsters [i]they[/i] created and society suffers as a result.

Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:34:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I got the belt from my dad when deserved.  

Most memorable beatings were when my cousin and I filled the neighbors pool with dirt, when I jammed an empty 06 case into a 30-30, when I decided I knew how to drive and started the truck and put it into gear and ass ended my moms car(funny now), 50 cal lead ball from a sling shot into neighbors Z28 quarter panel(shooting at a squirrel), another 50 cal lead ball through another neighbors window(bird this time), shot an arrow up in the air for kicks and it stuck in neighbors roof.  There were more but these stand out.  Oh, I forgot a good one, making a big ass firecracker from black powder and fuse.  My brother and I used PVC and hot melt as the case.  Weighed it down and put into a 5 gallon bucket of water.  It blew the bucket to shreds and the bolt we used as a weight went through the wall and into the livingroom.  My brother and I were soaked to boot.  Dad was pretty pissed!
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:39:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Forgot the switches! Anywho Valkyrie, soundls like you're luky to be alive! 40 grn bullets from dud .22's are great ammo for a slingshot!
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:41:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh no, the memories are flooding back! [BD]

"Help, OPRAH!!!!!!!!" [>(]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:45:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Yea I got my ass beat, but 99.9% of the time I brought it on my self. I dont think that I would ever hit them in the face, unless of course they tried to "buck up" on me and then I would handle it in the appropriate manner.The problem with kids is they don't get their asses beat, and the problem with some parents is that they take it too far.
                   FREE
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 10:59:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, I got the belt, and the hand, a wire brush once, a wrench, various hair care products, rolled newspapers, rolled magazines, rolled sears catalogs (the big christmas ones), all that was fine, the emotional and psychological shit was over the top, and like my Sisters told me, I should have hit my dad back once I was 14, 'course I was raised to respect my elders, nomatter what they do

Kinda hard to respect any politicians, but respect the rest.

Oh and When I am at home (WI) with sweetie and her kids, I am the disciplinarian, I have my shooting belt, big thick leather that I use (only really scary, it is too wide and thick to do more than sting a bit [;)] but they do not do the stuff again) Her (soon to be our) kids are hellions because she never ever disciplined them, and her ex-husband never did either, they are leaning now though, but I never pull any of that psychological shit on them, that will just Mess them up for life.

How long before we are no longer allowed to even punish our kids?
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 11:18:29 AM EDT
[#11]
sure did, didnt do it again after that. I knew I was in trouble when I had to go cut my own willow switch. I only got a small one once, after that I got the larger ones. I got my butt beat untill it broke and had to go out and get another larger one. Ah the good old days.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Dad wasn't bad. But Grandad, that was another story. He'd wear my ass out if I misbehaved.

MM419
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top