BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 5:07:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Say, what if TDC starts to make edits?
Technically, that would not be a CTD edit.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 5:09:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Did those fake edits start for a particular reason?
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 5:11:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Still no mention from CTD of all the shady shit they pulled after the election.  They must hope that we will just forget....

I might, but my wallet DAMN sure wont forget...
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 5:13:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Sounds Like SS17 took his business classes from ARFCOM. That was the "There's no such thing as Price-Gouging !" explanation floating around here awhile back.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 5:16:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Because 99% of the people are too stupid to not get it. Their brains do not have the ability to process information and think good.
I hate 99% of the world . You all make things not fun for me anymore because you are oh so stupid and cannot think at all.
I went from laughing, to hating, simply because the 99% are too stupid to realize things.

I tried to PM that guy and let him know it was a fake edit but his box was full and he just kept on trashing them and he got ED involved
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 5:17:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I stopped buying from CTD when they decided to royally screw their customers.

I won't be back.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 7:14:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I can't quite remember, but I think it may have been...........me.  

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 7:18:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It really does happen.

Holy crap that's ugly!

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 7:28:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I've gotten good deals at times from CTD, Ammoman and Sportsman's- and good service from all.
Even have no complaint against Botac!
Lucky, I guess
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 7:32:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I haven't bought from Cheaper than Dirt in years, and I don't use sportsmansguide either. At some point they just stopped being price competitive. However I also think that threads were advertisers get beat up over nothing are getting old. If you don't like their prices, buy elsewhere.  I guess there must be some kind of market for their stuff, they seem successful.

I think it's admirable to warn people who to avoid, even if (especially if) it gives people the chance to speak their mind about the insane prices.

Cheaper Than.... GOLD.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 7:39:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I forgive them for their past crimes against gun owners but even before the obama gun craze they still ripped you off on shipping and handling charges.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:06:12 AM EDT
[#12]
I ordered from them before the craze after Obama got elected...

I won't order from them because they don't have competitive prices anymore... You can get the same prices from Midway, and get raped on shipping from either place...

They just aren't competitive in pricing...

As far as them "screwing over gun owners..." If that were the case, they would stop selling gun stuff, and start selling rainbows, hugs, and peace stickers...

This was the same time period, when you couldn't find an upper anywhere on the planet... They just were all out everywhere... You couldn't talk with Customer Service from *any* run-related business, because they were so extremely busy...

I won't buy from them because they simply are not competitive in my price range... And everyone was **out**  while that was going on... .380 ammo was a joke everywhere... And I was glad at that time that I didn't own one... But at least they had some to sell...

I don't put them in the same category as say Bill Ruger who made and outright effort to undermine gun rights... CTD did some stupid pricing while the market was in a positiion it had *never* been in before as far as shortages... I think they did the *wrong* thing... And they most certainly reacted wrongly... But they did not... In my personal opinion... Make an outright effort to screw over gun owners...

CTD did not *start* the panic. They might have been caught up in the panic... But they were simply a player in the situation, not the cause of the situation...
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:29:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Holy crap that's ugly!

I have more screenshots saved but I didn't want to overload the thread and get it locked.  

Just head over to their industry section and see for yourself.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:31:34 AM EDT
[#14]
I wasn't around for the election debauchery.  In the last 6 months or so, I have sent a lot business CTD's way and will continue to do so until they dick me over.  CTD has been extremely customer friendly to me and I always have my order with in about 72 hours of hitting "Submit."  I can't complain about them.  

However LA Police Gear can suck my hairy left nut.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:33:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

IIRC CTD was editing unflattering posts on their forum, and the fake edits started as a mockery of that.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:41:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I wasn't around for the election debauchery.  In the last 6 months or so, I have sent a lot business CTD's way and will continue to do so until they dick me over.  CTD has been extremely customer friendly to me and I always have my order with in about 72 hours of hitting "Submit."  I can't complain about them.  

However LA Police Gear can suck my hairy left nut.

+1

got tired of the backorders, delays, and getting dinged shipping evertime they decided to break my order into 3 packages.  Finally cancelled the last order of stupid little things after 6 weeks of waiting.   Tis a shame too, they occasionally have decent deals on things.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:50:17 AM EDT
[#17]
CTD tries to explain why their pricing fluctuates based on demand HERE

Pro2AinPA did not seem impressed
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:50:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
In before someone forgets that fake edits are serious business.

Damn, I missed the announcement. Those edits was funny as hell. Can somebody give me a quick recap that precipitated the no CTD edits rule?
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:59:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:00:45 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

also their high dollar pmags, caused a lot of resentment. and from me too..

That whole fiasco is what got me and many others to swear off them forever...

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:03:46 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Mostly because after the election and a year or so afterwards, people were complaining in their forum....it was a rare sight NOT to see 4 or 5 posts in a row edited by CTD...

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:04:00 AM EDT
[#22]
I won't spend any money with them.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:24:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 10:08:38 PM EDT
[#24]
i say.....EXPOSE the Gougers !!!

at my place we work on cost plus 10-15

not 1000 %...LOL

FKKKKKKKKKKK them
we only go there for a laugh ... and what Not to pay.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 10:23:28 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To be fair... they never ran out of ammo.

I go to their retail location sometimes since it's local and the shelves remained stocked throughout the rush. Plus they're the only place around here where you can finger fuck an AR10, 3 versions of M1A, and a DSA FAL all in one stop.

Never noticed any indication that the constant anti-CTD banter ever hurt sales or reduced traffic.

They're still stuffed with customers and moving goods out of the warehouse like moonshine...

If people buy their stuff at the asking price, then that's all the 'judgment' needed...

It's a business, not a charity or a political cause/movement.... Profit Maximization, within the law, is the only thing that counts...

That's like saying there's something 'wrong' with Target having higher prices than WalMart - it's a business decision, and the business that made the decision gets to live or die by the results...

CTD's living quite fine apparently, and to me that validates their business decision.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 10:33:10 PM EDT
[#26]
i'm on the same page as you.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 10:33:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn, I missed the announcement. Those edits was funny as hell. Can somebody give me a quick recap that precipitated the no CTD edits rule?

Somebody wasn't intelligent enough to see that it wasn't actually CTD making the edits.  

I sure miss that.  The edits were hilarious, but that thread that caused the edits to be banned was probably one of the funniest I've ever seen on this site.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 10:34:17 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Supposedly:

Idiots couldnt understand that CTD wasnt really editing posts, and were bitching about posts being edited.  Until EdSr blew a gasket and typed in large red letters...

Dont ever make EdSr type in large red letters, no one likes it when EdSr types in large red letters.

(btw - it wasnt just "no phony CTD edits", it was "no phony edits-PERIOD!")

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 10:37:12 PM EDT
[#29]
CTD can raise their prices to insane levels, and it a capitalist society, that's perfectly acceptable.  I support their right to do so, and would be one of the first to get angry if they were forbidden from doing so.

That doesn't mean I have to shop with them.  Which I never will again.  I've paid more simply not to deal with CTD.  Dishonesty should not pay.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 10:40:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Dishonesty should not pay.

What exactly was dishonest about what they were doing?

They charged more than the competition, sure...

But the published 'savings' were how much folks were 'saving' off of MSRP....

IIRC, CTD has always been that way....

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 10:43:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Didn't they get in some hot water for saying PMags cost more than they really did?  And "saving" -51%?  Really, that's not dishonest?
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 10:47:45 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mostly because after the election and a year or so afterwards, people were complaining in their forum....it was a rare sight NOT to see 4 or 5 posts in a row edited by CTD...

The edits are still over there in their forum. Just look at some of the
longer threads. One thread has so many edits that it's basically blank.

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 12:15:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Somebody wasn't intelligent enough to see that it wasn't actually CTD making the edits.  

I sure miss that.  The edits were hilarious, but that thread that caused the edits to be banned was probably one of the funniest I've ever seen on this site.

I miss the edits...Those were some damn good laughs...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 2:25:38 AM EDT
[#34]
I purchased from CTD for a few years and they always had good service for me. If I find a good deal I will probably buy from them, just like anywhere else. It sucks they raised prices but hey- it's all about supply and demand. Some of you people should take an Econ course one day.
It's really not that hard to figure out. If you needed ammo at least they had ammo available. You couldn't get fuckall anyhwere else because every freaked out ammo horder back then bought up all they could and no retailers could keep shit in stock. I swear, some people have no concept of scarcity
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 2:39:30 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Incorrect. The published "savings" were off of a mysterious 'list price' that never got a satisfactory explanation.

As far as I'm aware they ended up removing the bogus 'list price' because it was complete bullshit. I haven't visited their website since the -51% thing, so I'm not sure how their pricing is displayed currently.

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 3:05:44 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I won't be back.

Ditto.

Their choice to conduct business as douche bags, my choice to vote with my wallet.

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 3:26:09 AM EDT
[#37]
I quit shopping with them.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 3:43:14 AM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:33:57 AM EDT
[#39]
I know the brick and mortar store is a separate company from their online & catalog.  Although their in the same building.  I think it's different owners.  You can show up to the physical store and go back to catalog/online sales counter and pick up your stuff.  I just went by and picked up .223 and 7.62x39 from them recently.  They were lowest price on one of those plus I didn't have to pay shipping.  I also picked up a set of German field phones.  They work great and the kids have a blast with them.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:18:14 PM EDT
[#40]
LOL....Yup....FK THEM.
BUT.... if they want to be the CTD of old....ill give them a shot...
i don't need thier ammo...i never even needed it during the ''craze'' i don't think anyone did..
it was ALL artificial Hype, like the housing market. ammo isn't going anywhere in this country...
i seen all this bullshit play out over and over again over 25 years... and they fall for it everytime... as i sit back and watch...laugh my ass off.
im not going to pay CTD or anyone else 1.00 a round for surplus 20 year old JUNK ammo. id have to be a Complete Asshole !!!!
.50 cents each is insane. its basically the cheapest most abundant metals we have , lead, copper, brass, etc.

i never fell for hype. i bought a cheap house, 8 month old truck... ( let someone else pay sticker  ), on and on...
that's how i do it.

it only will hurt them in the end.

Quoted:

Quoted:

I won't be back.

Ditto.

Their choice to conduct business as douche bags, my choice to vote with my wallet.

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:26:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Starting next year handgun ammo cant be sold online to Ca. I wonder if CTD like other stores will just say no to all ammo online sold to Ca. Cant wait to see how that turns out.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top