[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

gobbler from Wawa

http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/11/holiday-wawa-the-turkey-gobbler.html

buying them for the shift also....
real thanksgiving dinner is tomorrow with wife/sister/friends
View Quote

I encountered Wa Wa for the first time in Virginia last week.  That place is arson.

Make that 'awesome', frikking auto correct m
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:12:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Even though I'm solo today, I'm making a nice meal:

Ham steak, green peas, baked potato, stuffing. With a hard cider to wash it down. Dessert is a homemade apple crisp (what I call apple pie for lazy people) I just put in the oven.

ETA: decided to not do stuffing. Forgot the cranberry sauce and didn't put it in the fridge to chill. Oh, the humanity!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:13:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm a firm believer that real happiness and contentment comes, not from having more, but needing less.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
frozen hamburg microwaved tell almost brown then pressed into a patty,   no fat no milk cheese slice,    two slices of bread that's been in the freezer 6 months and microwaved tell it steams ,   and dollar store warm ketchup ...       love cheeseburgers

I'm a firm believer that real happiness and contentment comes, not from having more, but needing less.

That's very true.  You can have everything in the world and still feel empty. Or have next to nothing and have a heart full of joy and love.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:14:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
frozen hamburg microwaved tell almost brown then pressed into a patty,   no fat no milk cheese slice,    two slices of bread that's been in the freezer 6 months and microwaved tell it steams ,   and dollar store warm ketchup ...       love cheeseburgers

And I'm a firm believer in crying at an abomination of the turkey day celebration.

Lord, bless katrina24 in his time of need.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:20:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Whatever is open on Thanksgiving? Chinese food probably.
View Quote

Fucking Fucking Fuck!  The first 4 places I called were closed.  Ended up driving 20 minutes for beef mei fun.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:20:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Traditional turkey, gravy, cranberry sauce, steamed brussel sprouts, baked yams, green bean casserole, corn.

Chili crab dip and crackers for an appy. ( everybody loves the crab dip )

LOL

CRAB DIP  

2 (8 oz.) pkgs. Philadelphia cream cheese
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. Miracle Whip
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 sm. onion, grated
Chili sauce
Crab meat

Cream first five ingredients. Cover with chili sauce, then cover with crab. (Shrimp may be substituted for crab.)
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree.

Still, when your mom calls on Thanksgiving, don't tell her you are having a frozen pizza, no matter how much you are enjoying it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hear your head.
About 20 some years ago, got hurt, was paying outrageous support.
Cleaned out fridge- freezer to make something with what I had, icy, freezer burned stuff but I was happy!
Had a cast on my left arm, got burned picking up the skillet, it all fell on the floor.
I do believe that was the first time I cried true tears of despair.
I did not give up, was awarded custody, piece of cake since then, AND, I will never forget it!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:25:21 PM EDT
[#9]
The Butterball heat and serve turkey was adequate.  Better than deli meat but not as good as a real cooked turkey.

The mashed potatoes were better than the turkey but not as good as others have made.

Overcooked the green beans.

Overcooked the garlic Texas toast.

On a scale of 1-10 where 10 is awesome the meal was a 6.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:30:11 PM EDT
[#10]
My beef mei fun was a 7 on the scale of beef mei fun.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:41:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:45:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Time for dessert

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:47:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Batch of chicken and sausage gumbo to take to a potluck. Which will be a hodgepodge of traditional thanksgiving fare, and some seriously weird chinese interpretations of traditional thanksgiving fare.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:49:50 PM EDT
[#14]
My wife drove the 90 miles down to the rig this morning.
She brought from home....
Sirloin in a sauce piquant
rice
Maque choux
homemade dinner rolls
and a buttermilk cake.

We're traditionalists.

Best Thanksgiving Dinner we've had in awhile.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:50:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I stayed in my bed until 1pm, then went on a ruck run. After that, I went to the chow hall, where I ate some rubber lobster, green beans, and sweet potatoes. For desert I had pumpkin pie.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:53:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Turkey
Dressing

Ham

Green beans

Green bean casserole

Several different kinds of dips

Cake

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:53:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Appetizers:
sliced pepperoni
cheddar cheese, cubed
apricots
black cherries
walnuts

Main course
deep fried turkeys
gravy
mashed 'taters
green beans
braised sweet potatoes
cranberry sauce, whole berries
"grande" rolls

Dessert:
pumpkin pie
apple pie
carmel laced vanilla ice cream
coffee/ tea

Cocktails:
beer, mix of Pumpkin Ale, IPA and Coors light
hot spiced apple wine - excellent while watching turkeys fry
cabernet sauvignon
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:57:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Lots of laughs had around the table.

Unfortunately, didn't get to talk to my brother, guess he got in a fight earlier this week and is in solitary with no phone privileges.

That was the low part of my week, been looking forward to talking to him for a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:18:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Fried Turkey
Alton Brown turkey giblet gravy
Stuffing
Mashed Potatoes
Green bean casserole
Candied yams
Hawaiian rolls
Cranberry sauce
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:52:30 PM EDT
[#20]
This was the best part of my Thanksgiving meal...
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:08:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Turkey sandwich. Can of Coca Cola. That was it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top