Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#1]
If I didn't have prior engagements with family dinner and leading on Sunday night that I have to finish prepping for I would volunteer to Drive up to W-S and back to somewhere along the stretch on 75... But this weekend isn't any good

ETA: Page 2 is mine through edit
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Love this place!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:51:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tentative Route so far:

AJ - Winston-Salem - Charlotte
?
?
Matellis - Spalding Co -> Macon
Naamah - Macon -> Valdosta
SVT03 - Valdosta -> Gainesville
M4Real - Gainesville -> Tampa
LightningLink -Tampa -> Meeting with TheARWizard (aka new home)
View Quote

If this works with the OP, I can drive to Winston Salem on Saturday, pick up the dog around 2pm and bring her back to Sharpsburg GA. She can spend the night at my home and I can meet the driver for the next leg of the trip on Sunday
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Tentative Route so far:

?

?

View Quote
If I don't need to go North on I-75 from SR 50, I could go as far South as Sarasota if needed on Sunday evening.

Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Yinz guys are going to be famous for the 1st ARFcom dog relay.

This could be an legend in the making...
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 6:05:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yinz guys are going to be famous for the 1st ARFcom dog relay.

http://rlv.zcache.com/relays_aint_just_a_game_its_a_way_of_life_dog_shirt-r456c09888b634cefa81f030591482825_v9w7f_8byvr_324.jpg

This could be an legend in the making...
View Quote

This isn't the first.

How are things in the 'burgh?
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 6:11:49 PM EDT
[#7]
How did I miss the first one?

Pennsyltucky is doing great.

We are contemplating a write-in campaign for Dag the Bounty Hunter for Senator.

Link Posted: 8/22/2013 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

If I don't need to go North on I-75 from SR 50, I could go as far South as Sarasota if needed on Sunday evening.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tentative Route so far:

?

?

I think I could pull off the G-ville to SR50 run Sunday evening.

Link Posted: 8/22/2013 6:18:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
in when ever needed. I am off I-95 in southern SC, almost to the Ga. line
View Quote

How far north could you go to pick her up?
I'm on I95 in Savannah. I could take the dog all the way to Cape Coral the first week of September. Or to another member in Jacksonville.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

http://dogthebountyhunterfanheadquarters.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/l_d1b8caeb25b4f3cd8df1b39bc7c3be32.jpg

View Quote

I think it was last year.

That would be awesome to see Dog as a Senator.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 6:20:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tentative Route so far:

?

?

Time depends on if I have to work on Sunday.

Should be free after 4pm if I have to work.  If not I'm free all day.

Link Posted: 8/22/2013 6:21:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm in Gainesville. I could get her to Tampa. I just don't know if I could pull it off this weekend though. When is the relay planned?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am in Jacksonville, Florida. Let's get this done.

I'm in Gainesville. I could get her to Tampa. I just don't know if I could pull it off this weekend though. When is the relay planned?

I could also take her from Savannah to Jacksonville if it needed to be before September.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 6:26:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I am in for 10 cents per mile for the charity of the OP's choosing, including the new owner's charity for taking in a new friend.  I invite anyone to join in.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 6:30:03 PM EDT
[#14]
You guys are awesome.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 6:30:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://dogthebountyhunterfanheadquarters.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/l_d1b8caeb25b4f3cd8df1b39bc7c3be32.jpg

Dog is anti-gun.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 6:32:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Dog is anti-gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dog is anti-gun.

LOL, a convicted killer has an opinion one my right to keep and bear arms.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 6:34:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#18]
I put this together based on people who posted here. Would still need to get her to Charlotte and from Tampa to Cape Coral.  Like I said earlier, I could take her the whole way from Savannah but I'm driving down there the first week of September.

Link Posted: 8/22/2013 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If this works with the OP, I can drive to Winston Salem on Saturday, pick up the dog around 2pm and bring her back to Sharpsburg GA. She can spend the night at my home and I can meet the driver for the next leg of the trip on Sunday
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tentative Route so far:

?
?

OK guys...this doesn't work for me.  This dog needs a home now.  I just had a little chat with the sammichmaker and we're going to try, with GD's cooperation, to do two things.

First: The sammichmaker saw the pup's pic and is in tears.  It's pretty close to home as we are sitting on the couch with a rescue pup that came from similar straights.  Here's the deal:  I'll pay the GSA mileage rate for somebody to drive the pup straight through from NC to Tampa on Saturday.  That's 56.6 cents a mile and 580 miles times two (round trip).  Basically, you donate your time I'll done the gas and wear and tear plus.  It's a 7 hour drive each way.  I'll throw in $50 for meals along the way. This will be a reimbursement...pup has to be delivered before payment is provided.

Second: The above ONLY applies if OP will fully cooperate with a private investigator hired by me to track down the lowlife shitstain who abandoned the dog with the sole purpose of convincing law enforcement to file charges of animal cruelty and/or abandonment along with whatever other charge can be rationally made.  Again, I'll foot the bill (and keep GD updated, of course).

Let me know.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 7:02:41 PM EDT
[#20]

Before the relay can happen, the dog has to see the vet.  She has to be given her shots and she has to be cleared for travel.  And I'm not sure whether our man in North Carolina can get this done tomorrow.

I will text him tonight.

Meanwhile, I'd like to offer a few humble thoughts for the drivers.  This dog has seen a lot of strife.  She's been starved, mistreated and probably beaten.  She's frightened and skittish and she has to be treated really, really gently.  She's also a bulldog and take it from me, a bulldog is the most stubborn dog ever.  My bulldog is an example of that.

Anyway, she needs to be spoken to gently.  And to motivate her and to put her at ease, you might want to use food.  Get some barbecued chicken and put it in a Tupperware container.  Give the dog some chicken and use the chicken to lure her into your vehicle.  You won't have to force her into your vehicle; if she smells chicken she will hop right in.

And as you drive along, talk to her.  Talk to her a lot and reassure her.  Let her begin to feel comfortable with the sound of your voice and every hour or so, stop at a rest area and give her some more chicken.  

I'm no dog whisperer or anything, but the rescued husky from Texas bit the dog transport lady. The poor dog was almost put down over that; however, I managed to stop them with threats of a nasty lawsuit.

But an American Bulldog is a serious dog and if she bites you, you will know it.  She's fearful and under the circumstances if she's treated the wrong way, she could bite.  So please be extra sensitive to her plight and let's get her home.

My bulldog says, "Semper Fi"
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

OK guys...this doesn't work for me.  This dog needs a home now.  I just had a little chat with the sammichmaker and we're going to try, with GD's cooperation, to do two things.

First: The sammichmaker saw the pup's pic and is in tears.  It's pretty close to home as we are sitting on the couch with a rescue pup that came from similar straights.  Here's the deal:  I'll pay the GSA mileage rate for somebody to drive the pup straight through from NC to Tampa on Saturday.  That's 56.6 cents a mile and 580 miles times two (round trip).  Basically, you donate your time I'll done the gas and wear and tear plus.  It's a 7 hour drive each way.  I'll throw in $50 for meals along the way. This will be a reimbursement...pup has to be delivered before payment is provided.

Second: The above ONLY applies if OP will fully cooperate with a private investigator hired by me to track down the lowlife shitstain who abandoned the dog with the sole purpose of convincing law enforcement to file charges of animal cruelty and/or abandonment along with whatever other charge can be rationally made.  Again, I'll foot the bill (and keep GD updated, of course).

Let me know.
View Quote

Winston-Salem, NC to Cape Coral, FL is 782mi and 11.5 hrs each way, per Google maps.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Before the relay can happen, the dog has to see the vet.  She has to be given her shots and she has to be cleared for travel.  And I'm not sure whether our man in North Carolina can get this done tomorrow.

I will text him tonight.

Meanwhile, I'd like to offer a few humble thoughts for the drivers.  This dog has seen a lot of strife.  She's been starved, mistreated and probably beaten.  She's frightened and skittish and she has to be treated really, really gently.  She's also a bulldog and take it from me, a bulldog is the most stubborn dog ever.  My bulldog is an example of that.

Anyway, she needs to be spoken to gently.  And to motivate her and to put her at ease, you might want to use food.  Get some barbecued chicken and put it in a Tupperware container.  Give the dog some chicken and use the chicken to lure her into your vehicle.  You won't have to force her into your vehicle; if she smells chicken she will hop right in.

And as you drive along, talk to her.  Talk to her a lot and reassure her.  Let her begin to feel comfortable with the sound of your voice and every hour or so, stop at a rest area and give her some more chicken.  

I'm no dog whisperer or anything, but the rescued husky from Texas bit the dog transport lady. The poor dog was almost put down over that; however, I managed to stop them with threats of a nasty lawsuit.

But an American Bulldog is a serious dog and if she bites you, you will know it.  She's fearful and under the circumstances if she's treated the wrong way, she could bite.  So please be extra sensitive to her plight and let's get her home.

View Quote

Good points Fluffy. I know how to handle dogs like her. No worries on my end.

Link Posted: 8/22/2013 7:17:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will text him tonight.

Link Posted: 8/22/2013 7:17:56 PM EDT
[#24]
I asked in the last thread, but no one answered.  I live in Charlotte, but my folks live in Winston Salem......what can I do to help out this poor girl, as an extreme dag lover, I can't sit by and let this poor girl suffer when she will have an awesome home waiting for her in Fl. Someone can PM me i'll be happy to give my phone number to whoever needs it to help with the rescue effort in any way I can.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 7:18:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I will text him tonight.

View Quote

I am also worried about the dog changing hands too many times, for the relay. It can stress her out more given her situation. I have offered to drive to Winston Salem and pick the dog up when she is fit to travel, I can bring her to my home in Sharpsburg GA, where she can rest for the night before taking the next leg of the trip. I would suggest that the relay is done by as few drivers as possible to keep the stress levels low.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 7:24:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I would suggest that the relay is done by as few drivers as possible to keep the stress levels low.
View Quote

Like I said earlier, I am driving to the Cape Coral area in about 12 days. If Rusteerooster can get her to Savannah she can stay with me until then. I have a fenced in back yard and dog food already.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#27]
All right, what about this:

As soon as possible, the dog sees the vet and gets her shots and whatever treatment she may need.  The vet will advise when the dog is fit for travel.

If the dog needs to recuperate before travelling, I will see to it that she is spends the right amount of time in a proper kennel.

Then when she's ready, perhaps Salty Dog could pick her up.  But we are jumping the gun without knowing what the vet might say.

And we need to get that dog away from Mr. Dirtbag's house.  We need to get her in a proper environment as soon as possible.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 7:34:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
All right, what about this:

As soon as possible, the dog sees the vet and gets her shots and whatever treatment she may need.  The vet will advise when the dog is fit for travel.

If the dog needs to recuperate before travelling, I will see to it that she is spends the right amount of time in a proper kennel.

Then when she's ready, perhaps Salty Dog could pick her up.  But we are jumping the gun without knowing what the vet might say.

And we need to get that dog away from Mr. Dirtbag's house.  We need to get her in a proper environment as soon as possible.
View Quote

Clearly her traveling depends on what the vet says, from the picture she appears to be malnourished with a possible facial injury. With that said I am willing to travel to North Carolina to pick her up, and get her closer to her new home. I do have some travel restrictions next month but hopefully we can make this work out for the better.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 9:29:27 PM EDT
[#29]
You guys are awesome. Once the dog is secure and thru the vet I can definitely transport her to Charlotte or further, its this first part that's hanging me up a bit.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I will text him tonight.

View Quote

Great advice. Lots of soft talk and chicken and no sudden movements.  Earlier I suggested getting her a blanket now so it gets her scent and goes with her to her new home.  (I presume her owners didn't leave anything with her so the blanket would have to be a new one.)

Not sure it was actually your bulldog who said "Semper Fi".  Need a pic for verification.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 3:54:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Awesome. Sounds like between DobermanPinscher, SaltyDog, and M4A1Carbine, the route is fairly well covered.

Alpha82 and FTC have the vet care and travel clearance covered. It has been suggested that financial contributions be run through FTC, and I think that's a great idea, if he's willing to handle that. Vet care isn't cheap, and there are other expenses, like a crate, food, bedding, and gas to be considered too.

When Arfcom pulls together, the results can be amazing. As rough and tumble as GD can be, it can occasionally make great strides in restoring my faith in humanity.
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 4:04:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Winston-Salem, NC to Cape Coral, FL is 782mi and 11.5 hrs each way, per Google maps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me know.

Maybe I misread but I thought the new owner was going to drive to Tampa to pick the dog up.  Same difference to me....

I'll pay the mileage to Cape Coral and back then. Google always over estimates time, but I'll throw in a night at the Hampton Inn in Cape Coral which I can book on points.
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 5:22:15 AM EDT
[#33]
I can drive to pick her up in Tampa with no issues. my concern is right now is to get the dog treated as soon as possible and make sure she is healthy. seems we got plenty of help coming in, and im very grateful for it. without this help, there is no way I could have got her home. thanks guys. Fluffy has been really helpful, and he is a good man for helping out so much.
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 5:25:06 AM EDT
[#34]
You guys are amazing.  Great work!
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 7:43:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Update:

I spoke with our man in Winston Salem. He needs help catching the dog in order to take her to the vet.

So, I contacted a bulldog rescue organization in North Carolina. They have assembled a crew and they will apprehend the dog and take her to the vet. I will contact the vet and I will ensure that she gets whatever she needs.

After that the dog will be boarded until she can travel to Florida.

I am waiting to hear from the puppy rescuers, and as soon as I do, I will let the hive know.
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 7:46:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Update:

I spoke with our man in Winston Salem. He needs help catching the dog in order to take her to the vet.

So, I contacted a bulldog rescue organization in North Carolina. They have assembled a crew and they will apprehend the dog and take her to the vet. I will contact the vet and I will ensure that she gets whatever she needs.

I am waiting to hear from the puppy rescuers, and as soon as I do, I will let the hive know.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/23/2013 9:24:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Update:

View Quote

We send donations to you then? Paypal?
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 10:04:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Out freakin' standing!

Fluffy, I'm in for $20 also to help with bills or gas money. Let me know where/whom I can send it.

This place is awesome!
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 10:14:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Let me know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tentative Route so far:

?
?

Let me know.

Thats mighty kind of you.

Edit: for spelling
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 10:41:51 AM EDT
[#40]

Update:  I can confirm that the dog was picked up by the bulldog rescue.  The dag is safe and she is on the way to the vet.  I have called the veterinary hospital and I let them know that I will take care of the dag's expenses.  She will also be boarded until she is ready to travel.

While the bulldog rescuers were picking up the dog, the dog's former owners showed up.  They made some lame excuses about coming back for her and that there were going to take her to the pound.

Anyway, the dag is safe.  I will post a picture in a few moments.
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 10:44:26 AM EDT
[#41]
If the route comes thru Charlotte and down 26 and 95 I can drive to Charlotte pick the girl up and take her to Savannah.

I will PM whoever needs my phone number.

I understand the need for vet and probably time for her to recouperate before travel and I also agree the less moving from vehicle to vehicle the better it will be for her.

If I am not needed to drive then I will donate toward the cause.

Please: after all details are finalized post up a PP account where donations can be sent.

My God you guys are great.........

BTW: I am about 2 hours north of Savannah a few miles off 95.

rustee
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 10:48:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Update:  I can confirm that the dog was picked up by the bulldog rescue.  The dag is safe and she is on the way to the vet.  I have called the veterinary hospital and I let them know that I will take care of the dag's expenses.  She will also be boarded until she is ready to travel.

While the bulldog rescuers were picking up the dog, the dog's former owners showed up.  They made some lame excuses about coming back for her and that there were going to take her to the pound.

Anyway, the dag is safe.  I will post a picture in a few moments.
View Quote

That's good news.

Now I hope the vet gives her a clean bill of health to travel
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#44]
She is a pretty girl, now she will have a good home and loving care..
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 11:05:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Awesome work!

I am looking forward to the picture of the big Pittie smile when she is at her new home.
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If the route comes thru Charlotte and down 26 and 95 I can drive to Charlotte pick the girl up and take her to Savannah.

I will PM whoever needs my phone number.

BTW: I am about 2 hours north of Savannah a few miles off 95.

rustee
View Quote

I could take her from Savannah to Cape Coral the first week of September. Let me know if we're going this route.

Good to know she's being taken care of, what's the report from the vet?
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 11:16:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

We have had several members here offer to help get this abandoned dog from Winston Salem NC  to its new home in Cape Coral Florida. Lets get a list of members who are willing to help and where you are located so we can get a relay going

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1523469_Depths_of_humanity_and_dogs.html&page=1
View Quote

I live in Fort Myers Fl, my home town is Cape Coral. I'll drive as far north as Ocala or as far west as Orlando to pick up the dog.
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 11:18:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Tentative Route so far:

?
?
View Quote

if aARwizard can't do tampa to cape coral I'm in for that last leg.
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 11:21:46 AM EDT
[#49]
I know other rescues have been organized on this board,so could this one and the fact that so many people are offering money and physical assistance be the start of Arfcom dog rescue? FTC mentioned that as something he would like to see happen.
Like others were can I send some money to help?
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s641.photobucket.com/user/Fluffy9lives/media/1971_zps48aaa445.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu138/Fluffy9lives/1971_zps48aaa445.jpeg</a>
View Quote

Such a beautiful girl.  So glad arfcom is coming to her rescue.

Thanks again, guys.  Let us know where to send funds.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top