Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:04:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most over rated shit on the planet.

I bought a highly vaunted Seattle Sombrero and was extremely disappointed in the fact that the brim has no structure and will fold up/down in the slightest breeze.

Pith helmet is not as groovy, but functionally superior in every way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Outdoor Research is what you seek.

ETA link:  Here toy go.

I bought a highly vaunted Seattle Sombrero and was extremely disappointed in the fact that the brim has no structure and will fold up/down in the slightest breeze.

Most overstated shit on the planet.  

Try wearing it in the rain.  The brim works perfectly.  Just put a bag over your bowler dufus.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:24:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Try wearing it in the rain.  The brim works perfectly.  Just put a bag over your bowler dufus.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Outdoor Research is what you seek.

ETA link:  Here toy go.

Thread about sun hats and you suggest wearing it in the rain as a measure of superiority.

Seattle Sombrero is probably a superior rain hat to a pith, unless there is any wind at all in which case you might as well have a beanie on. I think 99.999999999% of the OR aficionados are hipsters who wear their hats to the Starbucks
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:55:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Can anyone id the hat used by main character in movie Mystery Road (on Netflix now)... Looks like one from No Country Old Men (which was an influence for Mystery Road)

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top