Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#1]
If your supporters are assholes, then you are an asshole.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:14:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Best buds forever

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:20:10 PM EDT
[#3]
What is needed is an Article 5 convention of the states. Until we change the playing field it does not matter much who we vote for.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:29:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What a f#cked up situation.  I don't know left from right anymore.
View Quote

Neither does Boner.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:31:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Both parties consist of 10% good honest guys and 90% statist scumbags that don't give a fuck about anyone but themselves and their cushy jobs.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Boener is just securing his position in the new dictatorship. Even if his title will be "Heir Obama's cum catcher"
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#7]
"A number of right-wing Republicans, long wary of Boehner's commitment to GOP efforts attacking President Obama's policy priorities, have openly considered a coup in an attempt to transfer the gavel into more conservative hands."

That sentence makes NO sense.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:43:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Tells you everything you need to know, doesn't it?

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:44:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep and I bet he does not have the integrity to be embarrassed about it one iota.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:44:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

No it tells us everything we've always known, Progressives run both parties, Conservatives and Conservative Democrats (AKA hens teeth)  and the respective fringes the  one party (that would be the progressive party for those just a bit slow)have no say. We've been saying this for at least ten years.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:45:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What a f#cked up situation.  I don't know left from right anymore.
View Quote

that because there is  no democrats and Republicans (not really) anymore they are all progressives.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Just goes to show that neither the RNC nor the DNC is on the side of We the People.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:55:18 PM EDT
[#14]
He effectively killed the Hastert Rule.  That's another reason they love him.

Dems won't do the same when they get control back.

In December 2012 Boehner told his caucus in a conference call "I’m not interested in passing something with mostly Democrat votes" and that did not have the support of the majority of the Republican caucus.[18][19] Nonetheless, Boehner allowed a vote on January 1, 2013 on the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 (also known as the "fiscal cliff bill") with only 85 out of 241 Republicans in favor (a support level of only 35%) and the bill passed with the support of 90% of Democrats (172 out of 191).[20][21] The bill's passage marked the first time in more than ten years that a measure passed a Republican-controlled House when opposed by a majority of House Republicans.[22] In response, former House Speaker Hastert criticized Boehner for not adhering to the "majority of the majority" governing principle by saying, "Maybe you can do it once, maybe you can do it twice, but when you start making deals when you have to get Democrats to pass the legislation, you are not in power anymore."[23][24]

Two weeks later, on January 15, 2013, Boehner allowed a vote on aid to victims of Hurricane Sandy to take place without the support of a majority of the Republican caucus.[1] The vote passed with 241 votes, but only 49 of the votes were from Republicans or a mere 21% of the majority.[25] Since then some notable Republicans have publicly questioned whether the "majority of the majority" rule is still viable or have proposed jettisoning it altogether.[25][26][27]

In spite of all the criticism, on February 28, 2013 Boehner brought a third bill for a vote on the floor of the house which did not have support of majority of Republicans. The bill, an extension of the Violence Against Women Act, received the vote of only 38% of the Republicans in the House of Representatives.[28]

On April 9, 2013, the "rule" was violated a fourth time, on a bill about federal acquisition of historic sites. The bill was passed with more than two thirds of the House vote but without a
majority of the GOP caucus.[29] Shortly thereafter, Boehner said, "Listen: It was never a rule to begin with. And certainly my prerogative – my intention is to always pass bills with strong Republican support."[30]

On October 16, 2013, Boehner again violated the rule by allowing a floor vote to reopen the government and raise the debt ceiling. The House voted 285 to 144 less than three hours after the Senate overwhelmingly passed the Continuing Appropriations Act, 2014. The "yea" votes consisted of 198 Democrats and only 87 Republicans, less than 40% of the conference.[31]

On February 11, 2014, Boehner broke the rule by allowing a floor vote on a "clean" debt ceiling bill. The bill passed the house 221-201, with only 28 Republicans voting "yea" along with 193 Democrats.[32]

On March 3, 2015, Boehner broke the rule by allowing a floor vote on a "clean" bill funding the Department of Homeland Security. The bill passed the house 257-167, with only 75 Republicans voting "yea" along with 182 Democrats.[33]
View Quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hastert_Rule

So he's got that going for him...
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just want to see how the resident GOP apologists spin this one. Since, you know, everything that CAN be done IS being done to thwart Democrat efforts. And those who don't believe that are just naive, politically. So much so, that Democrats want to keep the current leadership in place.
View Quote

Interesting that they haven't shown up yet.

They're probably getting their talking points from their handlers.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:03:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Another day.....another example of Alinsky 8
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:10:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Fucking libertarians people who think the Republican establishment is conservative
View Quote

Fixed it for ya!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:12:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Did I make it in before the GOP's useful idiots explain why it's critical we keep voting for republicans? Or before they tell us we're really just liberal spies here to discourage would be GOP voters and the party really is working in our best interests????

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:19:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By fombyjambox:

Vote for Hitlery.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:19:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Did I make it in before the GOP's useful idiots explain why it's critical we keep voting for republicans? Or before they tell us we're really just liberal spies here to discourage would be GOP voters and the party really is working in our best interests????

View Quote

You're just a moby libertardian obama lover that doesn't understand how politics work...............

None of the cult followers will post here since there is no excuse,and they would rather just see this thread disappear.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:21:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I just want to see how the resident GOP apologists spin this one. Since, you know, everything that CAN be done IS being done to thwart Democrat efforts. And those who don't believe that are just naive, politically. So much so, that Democrats want to keep the current leadership in place.

Probably crying about liberaltarians in some other thread.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:22:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Of course, he's one of theirs.

Pelosi naturally wants to protect her boner.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:31:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Which GOP apologists are you talking about?  The GOP apologists trying to remove Boehner or the GOP apologists who elected him?

The GOP hate here is simply self-destructive.  You've got more small government, Tea Party, GOP members than ever before.  Sadly, that number is still a long ways short of what is necessary to control the GOP; but it about 10-20x more than what it was in the mid-90s.  Taking your ball and going home isn't going to get the results you want - it is either fight for control of the GOP, roll on your back and piss yourself, or pick up a rifle and follow your logical conclusions to their inevitable end.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's the only boner she's able to get.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:40:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Inb4 the GOP nuthuggers.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:40:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Which GOP apologists are you talking about?  The GOP apologists trying to remove Boehner or the GOP apologists who elected him?

The GOP hate here is simply self-destructive.  You've got more small government, Tea Party, GOP members than ever before.  Sadly, that number is still a long ways short of what is necessary to control the GOP; but it about 10-20x more than what it was in the mid-90s.  Taking your ball and going home isn't going to get the results you want - it is either fight for control of the GOP, roll on your back and piss yourself, or pick up a rifle and follow your logical conclusions to their inevitable end.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please.

We may have a few more small gov Tea Party types,but the GOP establishment is fighting them tooth and nail-probably harder than the democrats are fighting them.

And gov has continued to exp[and and grow steadily since the 90's.
And we still reelect the vast majority of the fuckers and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:42:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:51:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Please.

We may have a few more small gov Tea Party types,but the GOP establishment is fighting them tooth and nail-probably harder than the democrats are fighting them.

And we still reelect the vast majority of the fuckers and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please.

Well of course the establishment is going to fight them.  We're talking about control of one of the two major established parties.  They aren't going to be playing by the Marquis de Queensbury rules and it isn't going to happen in a few election cycles.  It is a no holds barred fight that will probably last the rest of your life if the Tea Party doesn't get stomped out before that. But despite all that, there are a lot more small-government true-believers in the party now then there ever have been.

Like I said, you can fight for control of the GOP, roll over and piss yourself, or follow your conclusions to their logical end.  Those are the choices.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:54:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Bit of a sideways endorsement, but it is one.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:17:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe.

Maybe not.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:18:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

My first, and exact thought.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:24:58 PM EDT
[#32]

I am sure the BeeKeeper will explain all this.  

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:27:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Holy shit. Is this real life?

wtf
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:27:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Well of course the establishment is going to fight them.  We're talking about control of one of the two major established parties.  They aren't going to be playing by the Marquis de Queensbury rules and it isn't going to happen in a few election cycles.  It is a no holds barred fight that will probably last the rest of your life if the Tea Party doesn't get stomped out before that. But despite all that, there are a lot more small-government true-believers in the party now then there ever have been.

Like I said, you can fight for control of the GOP, roll over and piss yourself, or follow your conclusions to their logical end.  Those are the choices.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please.

At 48,I don't see it happening in my lifetime.

I've been hearing the change the party from within crap for 25 years,and we still have bigger gov and more spending (and the less Liberty that goes along with that).Not sitting bad in my AO-we got Ernst last year who talked a good game (hopefully she follows thru and doesn't get assimilated),Grassley is OK,he'll be in until he dies or retires (been in since 56),Steve King is my Congressman and he is decent as well.

The problem is all the old guard types that are entrenched like ticks-tougher to remove than real ticks.Until We the People start cleaning house by voting out around 80+% rather than reelecting 80+% every time,nothing will change.And since I don't see that happening,the shit will just continue to get worse.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:29:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Maybe.

Maybe not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe.

Maybe not.

60 years ago she was probably quite the "bone collector"

Not so much now, on account of all of that pent up evil turning her ugly.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you didn't know where boner' bread was buttered before, you should know now.

that fucking douche
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:03:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

At 48,I don't see it happening in my lifetime.

I've been hearing the change the party from within crap for 25 years,and we still have bigger gov and more spending (and the less Liberty that goes along with that).Not sitting bad in my AO-we got Ernst last year who talked a good game (hopefully she follows thru and doesn't get assimilated),Grassley is OK,he'll be in until he dies or retires (been in since 56),Steve King is my Congressman and he is decent as well.

The problem is all the old guard types that are entrenched like ticks-tougher to remove than real ticks.Until We the People start cleaning house by voting out around 80+% rather than reelecting 80+% every time,nothing will change.And since I don't see that happening,the shit will just continue to get worse.

View Quote

Winston Churchill had an apropos quote along those lines:

"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed;
if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may
come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."

Regardless of where you think we are on that spectrum, I hope you plan on fighting.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:28:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Even if they can't out him it's good to hear someone is trying to fix things from the inside. Goes to show that all republican votes should switch to tea party votes.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:38:24 PM EDT
[#41]

Lifetime and career politicians have been the cancer of our country for decades. Now the tyrants have gotten bold and do what they want, when they want. No matter what kind of "fight" or protests we come up with.

Vote them out? I think we did that already didn't we?

The answer to the question lies in a question. How do we get the politicians to vote themselves out of office?

I think we all know the answer to that question.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What's to explain?  Boehner is a cancer who needs to go.  Sadly it's not as easy as that to unseat a sitting Speaker.  This is a complete non-event, and if the little liberty lovers understand a tenth of what they think they do about politics they wouldn't be so mundane as to view this as an opportunity to crow about "FUCK THE GOP!!!"  

Boehner > Pelosi as speaker, but that's not much of an endorsement.  As I said, he's a cancer.  She's much worse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's to explain?  Boehner is a cancer who needs to go.  Sadly it's not as easy as that to unseat a sitting Speaker.  This is a complete non-event, and if the little liberty lovers understand a tenth of what they think they do about politics they wouldn't be so mundane as to view this as an opportunity to crow about "FUCK THE GOP!!!"  

Boehner > Pelosi as speaker, but that's not much of an endorsement.  As I said, he's a cancer.  She's much worse.

Awesome! We got a "Non-Issue / What difference does it make?!?" and a "You're just too stupid to understand these things!" in one post!

Very slightly paraphrased, of course. Well done, sir. Well done.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:40:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, its a great way to sow discontent.

Dems: We'll protect you, Boner.
GOP Mouthbreathers: SEE THE DEMS LIKE HIM!

Nancy Pelosi sips her scotch.  "I love it when a plan comes together."
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Lol
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#45]
The enemy of my enemy is my friend
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's all well and dandy....except that small little part about it all being completely true.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Tea Party Republicans contemplating a bid to oust Rep. John Boehner (R-Ohio) shouldn't count on Democrats to help them unseat the Speaker.

And without their support, there is no chance to topple Boehner in this Congress.

A number of right-wing Republicans, long wary of Boehner's commitment to GOP efforts attacking President Obama's policy priorities, have openly considered a coup in an attempt to transfer the gavel into more conservative hands.

But Democrats from across an ideological spectrum say they'd rather see Boehner remain atop the House than replace him with a more conservative Speaker who would almost certainly be less willing to reach across the aisle in search of compromise. Replacing him with a Tea Party Speaker, they say, would only bring the legislative process — already limping along — to a screeching halt.

“I'd probably vote for Boehner [because] who the hell is going to replace him? [Ted] Yoho?” Rep. Bill Pascrell (D-N.J.) said Wednesday, referencing the Florida Tea Party Republican who’s fought Boehner on a host of bipartisan compromise bills.

“In terms of the institution, I would rather have John Boehner as the Speaker than some of these characters who came here thinking that they're going to change the world,” Pascrell added.

Liberal Rep. Raúl Grijalva (D-Ariz.) agreed that, for Democrats, replacing Boehner could lead to a worse situation.  

“Then we would get Scalise or somebody? Geez, come on,” said Grijalva, who referenced House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.). “We can be suicidal but not stupid.”

Boehner, who has grappled with dissent from the Tea Party wing since he took the Speaker's gavel in 2011, has seen opposition to his reign grow this year, even as he commands the largest GOP majority since the Hoover administration.

That’s led to talk of a new coup, something that is more difficult to pull off after the election of a Speaker on each Congress’s first day of business.

Any lawmaker can file a motion to “vacate” a sitting Speaker, a move that would force a vote of the full House. The effort would almost certainly fail, as the conservatives would need the overwhelming support of Democrats to win a majority. But it would be an embarrassing setback to Boehner and his leadership team, who entered the year hoping their commanding new majority would alleviate some of the whipping problems that had plagued them in the past.

The new push back against Boehner began in the earliest stages of the new Congress when 25 conservatives voted in January to strip him of the Speaker's gavel.
View Quote

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/234766-dems-would-back-boehner-in-coup-attempt

Maybe Boehner will run as a (D) next time?
View Quote

As if we needed any proof that he is a traitorous fuck.

When he is the Dems best asset, it says something about the stupid fucking republicans that would support him.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:55:09 PM EDT
[#48]
I feel the need to apologize for my state.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Americans: pull down your pants and select your lube.

It's better than them going in dry, right?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 5:00:01 PM EDT
[#50]
It is beyond me why anyone votes for a politician in office, for a second time, much less a third time and beyond.

Its all about staying in office these days. We don't have a representative government anymore. And the electorate, overwhelmingly, are too stupid to understand what they've done or what they can do to change it.

No incumbents, ever, not for anything. It's the only way to break the power and control of the career politicians. I don't care if it's for dog catcher, no incumbents.

I'm sure Bonehead will be along to talk about how embarrassing this is for him.  
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top