User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 4:06:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Worked so well the first time––sure, one more time around the block.

"the only reason it didn't work was because it wasn't enough"

The only reason that it didn't work before, is because they gave the money to the banks and the loser auto companies.

Government spending is a stimulus.  It DOES work if the money gets into the system.  Hardly anything of the previous stim packages made it into peoples' pockets.

There is no money creation without government spending.  Again, the problem is the government did not spend money.  They gave away money.

No it does not.  Government first has to TAKE it from the system in order to spend it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 4:06:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You took the words right outta my mouth.

Wouldnt have things been worse if they didnt spend that money?

No.

We would have been better off if we had not spent billions to protect unionized teacher and police officer jobs.

We would have been better off we had allowed GM and Chrysler to die off and the UAW with them.

We would have been better off if we had gotten rid of the EPA and their absurd rules and regulations strangling businesses.

We would have been better off i we had allowed companies to drill for oil in Alaska and off the coasts of California and Florida.

We would have been better off we had not done TARP and allowed those funds to be used to pay off Goldman Sachs and other financial derivative bets.

We would have been better off had we not printed billions of dollars and devalued our dollar.

Simply put,  We would have been better off if the .gov would stay the fuck out of the economy and just let the economy correct itself.

You might want to tone down the hate for disadvantaged minorities, it's kind of overwhelming.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 4:11:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only reason that it didn't work before, is because they gave the money to the banks and the loser auto companies.

Government spending is a stimulus.  It DOES work if the money gets into the system.  Hardly anything of the previous stim packages made it into peoples' pockets.

There is no money creation without government spending.  Again, the problem is the government did not spend money.  They gave away money.

..REALLY   REALLY     REALLY

You will never ever learn,  the .gov has never created a job and can not spend money that it didn't already confiscate from someone that created a good or service and marketed it at a profit.  The more you confiscate from these same creators  the more they pull back, go galt and do not produce. Thus exacerbating the economic problems in this country.  

Governmental spending, governmental meddling/planning  in the free market, and the size and scope of governmental regulations/requirements  ARE the problem that is destroying the economy.  

TOO MUCH GOVERNMENT IS THE PROBLEM.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 4:16:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me just take a wild guess .... public school education?
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 4:17:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So... who needs a payout?

I'd like a student loan and credit card bailout please.

y'know what would cause a massive rush to buy houses right now???

federal student loan forgiveness or subsidy programs.....

Actually stimulate the productive segment of society.....

GTFO of here.... That's about as crazy as your avatar

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 4:18:50 PM EDT
[#6]
How can any of those sleazy bastards in Congress open their cock-holsters and dare suggest an increase in spending?

Are they completely bonkers or actually hellbent on sinking this whole ship?
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 4:20:07 PM EDT
[#7]
The politicians and their cronies going for the payola one last time before they get booted from office.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 4:24:05 PM EDT
[#8]
And we are all prisoners.  Why?  Because no matter how bad things get, we won't do a thing about it but bitch.  Not one single thing.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 4:28:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And we are all prisoners.  Why?  Because no matter how bad things get, we won't do a thing about it but bitch.  Not one single thing.

It's time to feed the hogs.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 4:31:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Stimulus Checks for everybody!
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 4:33:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Proof positive that liberalism is a mental disease.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 4:36:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Someone please post the Jackie Chan "My mind is full of fuck" picture.

That is the only response to this that makes sense.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 4:40:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Dumb dumb dumb.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 4:46:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Great fucking idea
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is no money creation without government spending.
 Again, the problem is the government did not spend money.  They gave away money.

In order to spend money, the govt either has to take money out of the private sector who would have spent it, so there is a net lose as we pay for all the buracracy that has to be paid for between when the .govt takes my money and then gives it to someone else or spends it. So it's a net loss.

Or they could dilute the money supply with debt or borrowing causing inflation, so it is still a net loss.

Money is created by the banking system when you deposit $1000 and the bank turns around and lends out $9000 to someone else and uses your $1000 as a deposit for the loan they just made. That $9000 was created from thin air, BUT that $9000 is also going to be used by someone to build a business or buy a car or house or something sililiar.

The .govt spending money is a net loss to the economy.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 5:18:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read this before you extoll the values of Keynesian theory...
Why John Maynard Keynes Was A Keynesian -Forbes.com
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#18]
When it comes time, I hope I'm still able enough to help water the Tree of Liberty.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:08:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Robbing Peter and giving it to Paul does NOT cause Bill to produce more corn.

Economics is just NOT the Democrats Strong Point.

Impeach Obama for the Good of those on Welfare.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:15:58 PM EDT
[#20]
BOHICA.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:24:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When the collectivism the leftists support fails, you can bet everything you own that the solution they will proffer will be MORE COLLECTIVISM.

Always double down on eleven.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wouldnt have things been worse if they didnt spend that money?

No.

We would have been better off if we had not spent billions to protect unionized teacher and police officer jobs.

We would have been better off we had allowed GM and Chrysler to die off and the UAW with them go through bankruptcy, again, according to law.

We would have been better off if we had gotten rid of the EPA and their absurd rules and regulations strangling businesses.

We would have been better off i we had allowed companies to drill for oil in Alaska and off the coasts of California and Florida.

We would have been better off we had not done TARP and allowed those funds to be used to pay off Goldman Sachs and other financial derivative bets.

We would have been better off had we not printed billions of dollars and devalued our dollar.

Simply put,  We would have been better off if the .gov would stay the fuck out of the economy and just let the economy correct itself.

Slight adjustment.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:26:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Fuck it.
Do it.
It'll get the inevitable started sooner.

I feel the same way.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:33:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Ah, looks like congress is taking advantage of the crisis to again enrich themselves.

It's their own economic stimulus. They don't give a shit about your economy.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh Lord.......................
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:43:39 PM EDT
[#26]
On a personal level, sure, I could REALLY use a stimulus check. Feel free to figure out how many trillions you wanna waste this time, divide by the number of people who filed a tax return in 2010 and mail each one a check.

As a tax paying individual who loves his country and wants to see it improve and prosper, knowing that a prospering nation is better for all citizens of that nation, I want the government to stop throwing my tax dollars down the drain. I barely pay any federal income taxes these days, but it IS still a net outflow, then there's all the other less direct taxes. I can think of a lot more worthwhile uses for those dollars. Heck, I'll even vote to take what I WOULD have gotten from another stimulus to go toward some extra training for a soldier preparing to deploy. I mean real training, not training on how to be socially acceptable and politically correct. Training in how to break things and kill people more efficiently. Heck, if that's not politically acceptable I'll settle for having a GOOD history professor teach our nation's history to troops. Not a revisionist historian, but someone who teaches out best understanding of what actually happened based on the facts. It's not always pretty, but it's our history and it's worth knowing and understanding.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 7:10:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the economy don't die with one shot, shoot it again. That's their motto!
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 7:13:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Haven't those dip sh_ts figured out that doesn't really help?
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 7:18:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Didn't all the unions get their payoff last time?  Have they spent all that already?

It' UAW again as I hear from the poker table of retired politicians in CA (in an undisclosed bunker to protect the innocent and guilty politicians alike).  Scuttle-butt is that UAW is putting pressure on this administration to bailout the pension funds at Chrysler and GM, plus Ford and automotive supply companies that are unionized.  They want this done before PGBC's prediction of insolvency in 2013 requiring their takeover.

Obviously UAW is very concerned of the chances their guy will not be in the white house in 2013.  Thus the pressure to move massive amount of taxpayer dollars into the pensions.  The amount they seek is not another 5 year grace period like last time, but a permanent solution where cash balance supports all future pension obligations.

You guys have to understand that if these UAW pensions are moved into the PGBC, the average UAW pensioner will immediately take a 40% pay cut due to legal limits on PGBC payouts.   This is in addition to cuts in medical, dental, and other benefits that exceed the legal limit of PGBC.  Raise the legal limit does not seem a good option with a Republican controlled house.

Well, thats the scuttle-butt from some retired guys I use to work for, well slaved for would be more accurate.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 7:25:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Hey Democrats:

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 8:06:35 PM EDT
[#31]
48.4 million democrats voted for Obama, his deficit spending was $1.6 Trillion his first year and another 1.6T$ his second year and will be at least that much for each of his third and fourth years.  

Those 48.4 million Obama voters need to pay for the deficit they caused.   $33,300 each for his first year, another $33.3K each for his second year and so on for all four of his years in office.

If they don't or won't pay, they need for forfeit all assets and income and be sent to debtors prison, until each has paid for the consequences of their stupid vote.  They did vote to fundamentally change America, were they so damned dumb that they thought it meant change for the better?

Actions have consequences, stupid has consequences, it is not unreasonable for people to pay for the consequences of their actions.

Fair is fucking fair.  

We want social justice, we want Thunderdome.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Biden said it, we need to get further into debt, in order to get out of debt.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top