Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:00:27 PM EDT
[#1]
The government does not control when noon is.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:01:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't even know what it is.....
That being said - I think those who have to live with it are scourged and should fight to have it removed....
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:03:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:05:46 PM EDT
[#4]
As others have said, we just came OFF dailylight savings time...  It gives you an extra hour of light in the evening in summer.

I wish we had it all year long, I'd rather have an hour more of light in the evening in winter too.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Poll fail, no option for don't have it for az folks.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

As others have said, we just came OFF dailylight savings time...  It gives you an extra hour of light in the evening in summer.

I wish we had it all year long, I'd rather have an hour more of light in the evening in winter too.

This.  I can't believe how many people here don't know the difference between DST and Standard

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Neither. I'm indifferent to it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:09:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I love DST, it's Standard time that pisses me off.    

This
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I Hate it.

I'd rather drive to work in the dark when it's just other commuters on the road than drive home in the dark when all the soccer moms are cluttering up the highways.

The traffic was scary tonight.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I love it, I wish they'd just keep the DST time all year round.

In the summer, who honestly minds that extra hour of daylight? Are you guys in a mood to go to bed earlier?

That alone makes it worth it to me. I do wish it was standardized so there's no "some in/some out", but I fucking LOVE the extra sunshine.

I agree... Although, around here, during the time near the winter solstice, if we were on DST the sun wouldn't rise until a little after 8AM. While that wouldn't bother me, I can see it being disadvantageous to some.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I hate having it get dark at 5pm or earlier during the nicest time of year.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I Hate it.

I'd rather drive to work in the dark when it's just other commuters on the road than drive home in the dark when all the soccer moms are cluttering up the highways.

The traffic was scary tonight.

You got it mixed up.... you actually love it!

Daylight saving time takes an hour of light from the morning and moves it to evening.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:02:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

It's not so bad.   I mean, though many will argue, it did come from an idea of a very smart man (Ben Franklin).

In Colorado, I liked it, here in Texas.......I'll get back to you on that.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:10:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not so bad.   I mean, though many will argue, it did come from an idea of a very smart man (Ben Franklin).
In Colorado, I liked it, here in Texas.......I'll get back to you on that.

Yeah, but that was before ole Ben knew we would have an electric grid.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:13:47 PM EDT
[#15]
It fucks with me for the first couple days, but then i get used to it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I hate it. Makes the evenings darker. The date we do it changed a few years ago. Supposed to save us energy or some BS. Instead it costs companies billions to recode computer programs to make that change. Problems persist still. Lets just readjust in spring and leave it there.

-Foxxz

I hate it. It means it gets darker when it is colder. This means I freeze my ass off more.

And it means the sun stays out the longest when it is the hottest.

It gets dark at 4:45PM sometimes here. The sun starts to go down at 3PM. Annoying.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:24:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I hate it, just deal with it and by God why were at it lets either make Idaho PST or Mountain time.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:27:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Love the extra hour of sunshine. Hate "falling back" I drive to work staring at the sun as it is coming up, and its almost gone by the time i get home.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:27:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Where's the,"I live in Arizona and don't change option?"
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:32:54 PM EDT
[#20]
I love DST, I don't care of its dark in the mornings, I just want the late night sunlight in the evenings. I really like George's "new" springtime start date, because we can start early into the late evenings and know that the sun will  be up later. But the late fall fall-back date is too late. Once the dark season changes, there's no use fighting it until the spring.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:34:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Just flat hate it.

Leave the clock ALONE!

HH
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#22]
I hate getting out of work and its dark
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:35:05 PM EDT
[#23]
AZ time
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:35:54 PM EDT
[#24]
I hate standard time. I wish we had DST all year.

I hate it when the sun goes down at 5:30.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I don't love it or hate it. I just wish they'd pick a time and stick with it.

It will never work.  The Earth is slowing down and the time around the Sun, etc is not a constant.
At the equator, it is pointless.  There they have 12 hour days, every day of the year.
At the polar areas, they either have 21 hours of sunlight light and  the rest is twilight, or they have the sun rise at 11:00 and set at 14:00.
Move Letterman and O'Brian ahead an hour and that will solve the problem.

Edit:

In Dallas, without DST, in July the sun would rise at 5:30 and set at 7:30.

Get up at 5ish, get to work at 6ish and leave at 15ish and go to bed at 21ish.

Either go with the sun or ignore the sun.  I find this try-to-bend-the-seasons-to-our-convenience to be amusing.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:44:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I hate it. Makes the evenings darker. The date we do it changed a few years ago. Supposed to save us energy or some BS. Instead it costs companies billions to recode computer programs to make that change. Problems persist still. Lets just readjust in spring and leave it there.

-Foxxz

FAIL!  Daylight savings time makes the evenings brighter in the summer.  We just ended daylight savings time and have returned to standard time.  Why?  Because stupid sockers moms don't want their kids walking to school in the dark in the winter mornings.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:44:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Hate it, makes the days much shorter than they already are.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:56:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Live in AZ. What is this Daylight savings time of which you speak??
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:57:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate it. Makes the evenings darker.
No it doesn't. It makes them brighter.

You do realize that we just changed back to standard time now, right?

+1

And I LOVE it because it makes my summer evenings lighter!

ETA: I wish we'd keep summer (DST) time year round.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top