User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:14:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd say anyone with an IQ above room temperature "gets it."

Sadly, there seem to be a bunch of posters here who are below that bar.

All the truck driver had top do was take his foot off the gas momentarily and everyone could have kept clipping along. Instead he chose to endanger the lives of everyone involved because the VW driver was in a bit of ahurry and made an inconsiderate lane change .... while signaling their intention to do so .... while having plenty of room to pull of the maneuver.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I was in the Jetta, I wouldn't have made the lane change.

If I was in the truck, I would have backed off and let the Jetta in. And cussed her out.

Being "right" isn't as important as not getting into an accident.

Subnet gets it!

All the truck driver had top do was take his foot off the gas momentarily and everyone could have kept clipping along. Instead he chose to endanger the lives of everyone involved because the VW driver was in a bit of ahurry and made an inconsiderate lane change .... while signaling their intention to do so .... while having plenty of room to pull of the maneuver.

If the VW driver had rolled into the throttle more aggressively, this wouldn't have happened.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

FIFY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jetta is at fault because it's a Passat

FIFY

Thanks but you misspelled piece of shit.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:14:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Righteous crunch
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#4]
VW driver is going to get paid.

Truck driver is going to wish that vid/audio didn't exist

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If the VW driver had rolled into the throttle more aggressively, this wouldn't have happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I was in the truck, I would have backed off and let the Jetta in. And cussed her out.

Subnet gets it!

Agreed.

They were both morons.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:16:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Did the trucker even honk his horn?
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:16:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

wanna bet? Just FYI, an unsafe lane change meant you caused other cars to take evasive action so as not to collide with you.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

umm, how does that make him at fault? Being on the phone isn't illegal. Using your logic, I couldn't talk to a passenger in my car!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The trucker was on the phone!

That is why he didn't see her

He was at fault for just being on the phone

umm, how does that make him at fault? Being on the phone isn't illegal. Using your logic, I couldn't talk to a passenger in my car!

He clearly wasn't paying attention to the situation developing around him. His mind was...elsewhere. He had all the tools necessary to prevent that accident from happening, but he didn't see it developing...because he was distracted - the fact that it was a phone is irrelevant.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Subnet gets it!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Subnet gets it!

That wasn't an accident.  That was 100% on purpose, both sides.  They both deserve what they got.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is in California ... where you live.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:18:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:19:09 PM EDT
[#12]
He saw it. That's why he moved to the left. He played chicken with a moron and lost.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:19:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, no it's not!
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Fuck that!   Trucker needs an ass beating.  Wasnt the best merge, but she was clearly in front of him.  He sped up and moved over rather than simply applying the brakes for a second or two.  

Could have killed a car full of family just to make a point.  And by the looks of this thread, some of you guys are as big of an idiot as the trucker.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#15]
both at fault...he should not have been on the phone...she should have stopped trying to get over, he should have slowed down, she should have...etc.  Lucky no one was killed.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:21:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jetta is at fault because it's a Passat

FIFY

That I did. It's a POSsat
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

LOL, no it's not!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, no it's not!

Handheld phones. Seven states have enacted laws banning the use of handheld cell phones while driving: California, Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, and Washington (as well as Washington D.C. and the Virgin Islands). With the exception of Maryland, all of these states allow "primary enforcement of an offense." That means that police officers can pull you over for using a handheld cell phone without any other reason for the traffic stop.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:21:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That wasn't an accident.  That was 100% on purpose, both sides.  They both deserve what they got.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Subnet gets it!

All I'm saying is that if you put me in the driver's seat of EITHER VEHICLE (pick one), none of this would have ever happened.

If I'm in the VW, I don't cut the trucker off. No accident. If I'm in the truck, I back off as soon as I see the VW trying to squeeze in. No accident.

To be perfectly honest, I actually expect a little more out of professional drivers. This is what they do for a living, and with CSA "points" these days, no professional driver can afford to be pig headed. His livelihood is at stake.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:22:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
both at fault...he should not have been on the phone...she should have stopped trying to get over, he should have slowed down, she should have...etc.  Lucky no one was killed.
View Quote

Why do you believe the truck shoud have yielded?

I believe the responsibility to yield is on the merging vehicle.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:22:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:22:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Videos like these are why I stay the fuck away from other drivers if I can at all help it.  I just assume that they all have their head up their ass.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Trucker was a dickhead.

Trucks change lanes and pass with less room all the time.
See it every time I travel on the Interstate.

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Do we know for a fact that the trucker wasn't on hands free?  He did take some evasive action, the Passat completely bought this about by thinking she was too important to wait for the trucker to get around the truck in the right hand lane.  

I agree with Subnet; this wouldn't have happened if I was in either vehicle but man, can I empathize with the trucker.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:25:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Handheld phones. Seven states have enacted laws banning the use of handheld cell phones while driving: California, Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, and Washington (as well as Washington D.C. and the Virgin Islands). With the exception of Maryland, all of these states allow "primary enforcement of an offense." That means that police officers can pull you over for using a handheld cell phone without any other reason for the traffic stop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, no it's not!

Read the law, it doesn't prohibit you from talking on the phone while your driving. Hint: think Bluetooth
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Either driver could have easily avoided the collision.  Both FAILED to do so.

When someone is being an asshole on the road, the only correct response is to react defensively.  Truck driver was aggressive when he should have simply backed off and allowed Jetta driver to be an asshole.

Yes, she STARTED the incident.  Truck driver failed to END it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When Assholes Collide.

Your assholes is plural.  There's only one in the video.

Either driver could have easily avoided the collision.  Both FAILED to do so.

When someone is being an asshole on the road, the only correct response is to react defensively.  Truck driver was aggressive when he should have simply backed off and allowed Jetta driver to be an asshole.

Quoted:
VW was being an asshole trying to squeeze in front of the truck.

Yes, she STARTED the incident.  Truck driver failed to END it.

It's not the job of the left lane to yield to people merging from the right lane.  Jetta driver should have backed off.  Just because semi didn't let her in doesn't mean he's an asshole.  If anything, she's the asshole for purposely speeding up to merge in an unsafe manner where she knew it was going to be close.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:26:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL, no it's not!

Keyword is handheld.  Most truckers use a ear piece of some kind making it handsfree, thus making it legal.  

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:27:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:27:07 PM EDT
[#28]
I am cautious around truckers...just like I am around any other group made up of members of a shadowy underclass full of criminals and drifters.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#29]
She needed to execute that maneuver more swiftly.....she was baiting the trucker obviously....

guessing trucker's vision may not be that of the cameras perhaps?  otherwise that was a double kill by truck driver.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Fuck that!   Trucker needs an ass beating.  Wasnt the best merge, but she was clearly in front of him.  He sped up and moved over rather than simply applying the brakes for a second or two.  

Could have killed a car full of family just to make a point.  And by the looks of this thread, some of you guys are as big of an idiot as the trucker.
View Quote

Video shows VW purposely speeding up to merge in an unsafe manner.....and people here are the idiots according to you simply because she "was clearly in front of him" due to her speeding up to make an unsafe maneuver.

And people here are the idiots?

Wow.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Read the law, it doesn't prohibit you from talking on the phone while your driving. Hint: think Bluetooth
View Quote

The guy in the video wasn't on bluetooth. ETA: Or, maybe he was. Either way, he certainly wasn't paying attention to the other drivers.

Besides, I don't need the high blood pressure from reading laws in states like California.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:28:05 PM EDT
[#32]
I am really surprised at how little damage there is to the car
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:28:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Get off the phone.

Both drivers were dumb, but the truck driver proved his idiocy by recording it while the car driver's idiocy can only be presumed since there was no record.  If you're an idiot like that truck driver, don't videotape it.  That video is going to fuck him, and rightly so.

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:30:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where's your proof he sped up?
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:30:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Get off the phone.

Both drivers were dumb, but the truck driver proved his idiocy by recording it while the car driver's idiocy can only be presumed since there was no record.  If you're an idiot like that truck driver, don't videotape it.  That video is going to fuck him, and rightly so.

View Quote

How is her idiocy only "presumed"?

We can clearly see:

1. Her speeding up
2. Making an unsafe merge
3. Not yielding to the left lane
4. Trying to thread the needle between 2 vehicles that are CLEARLY way bigger than her vehicle is

I would say idiocy confirmed and proven.

And it's probably not up to him to videotape it, it may be company that does it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:30:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:33:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Seems an awful lot like that trucker sped up, which is a dick move over all possible dick moves. WTF was he doing in the left lane anyway, if he wasn't actively passing the truck in the right lane? The VW driver cut it a bit close, but the truck driver was a dangerous asshat that could have killed someone.
View Quote

This is what it looked like to me, neither can drive.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:33:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Play stupid games win stupid prizes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:34:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:34:48 PM EDT
[#40]
The car appeared to know the truck was there the entire merge yet didn't abandon the merge.  They had ample time to do so and not only went ahead with it, but didn't try to thread it at all.  They slowed down while doing it.

Odd behavior.  Trucker was a jerk as well.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:35:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Using a cell phone while driving is illegal in a lot of places.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:35:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The trucker didn't speed up, the car in front of him slowed down. That made the VW slow down as well and the trucker had nowhere to go except to the left, which he did, until he ran out of room.
View Quote

He could have slowed down.

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:36:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Trucker was distracted by either radio or on the phone.
View Quote

This, plus failure to attempt to avoid an accident means he'd be fucked in NC.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:36:26 PM EDT
[#44]
It sure seemed like the trucker accelerated to get alongside the Jetta.

Yeah, the Jetta was merging into a space that was too short for safety but if everyone just maintains their speed it's a non issue.

I'm putting this one on the trucker.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:36:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If I'm doing the speed limit, I'm staying in the left land as long as I like.
View Quote

Pepper your angus

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Lol, anyone paying attention could see what the VW was going to do.She didn't want to get stuck behind the other truck in the right lane anymore than anyone else did. I thought "truckers have millions of miles of experience of driving"

Its gonna cost trucker boy a lot more than Vdub girl.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Get off the phone.

View Quote

Most trucks these days run dash cams.

VW driver was an idiot, you never pass an 18 wheeler on the right, and you sure as hell don't play chicken with anything bigger than you are.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bet your wrong.

Passing from the right lane.

Dangerous merge with not enough room.

Epic failure after she pushed him into the shoulder.

That video will insure her insurance pays all the damages and lost wages.

What a dumb thing to try. Trucks don't stop on a dime and do have blind spots.

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:37:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
A man after my own heart.
View Quote

+1
I love jammin mofo's that force their way in
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:38:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top