Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#1]
yopu guys are all crazy.  She could be interested in just talking to somebody.  Dont you guys ever talk to people without wanting to date them?
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 6:54:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Welcome to the worderful world of dating, sorry bud but ya better get used to it. I feel for ya, been there plenty of times. Women can be some of the coldest beings on the planet.

I've met (in person) THREE genuinely nice, sweet, decent women in my life.

Dated two of them, and they had issues, serious issues that made me ultimately lose interest.

The other, I knew her for years, and moved away the week after she broke up with her fiancee.

I'm beginning to think there are no decent women left. I've had this opinion for years, and none of them have proved me wrong yet.

One tried, last year, and ended up being the worst ever....just a good liar.

Bud, sorry about your run of bad luck with the women.  However I believe that there are a ton of good ladies out there, you just have to roll up the sleaves and do a little hunting.  After three hellish relationships the one I am in now kicks ass.  Never thought I could be this happy.

Oh, they're out there.

Glad you found one.

I'm sure there's a few left.

Link Posted: 3/4/2005 7:02:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
yopu guys are all crazy.  She could be interested in just talking to somebody.  Dont you guys ever talk to people without wanting to date them?

If they're attractive women, no.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 7:05:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'm a man. She's a woman. We're adults.

What business do I have being 'just friends'?

Kinda takes time away from looking for a wife, doesn't it?

(why do women not understand this? God didn't put you here to be our 'friends')

Link Posted: 3/4/2005 7:06:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

got a point there
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 7:06:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Talk?  Date?  Forget it and follow the link!

www.starterupsteve.com/swf/Group_X_video.html
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 7:12:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The only times guys want to be friends with a chick are if we think there is a slight chance that something will happen or we can get in good with one of their friends.

-or-

We date a girl and which case we must become friends all of her friends.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 7:16:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

WTF , you smokin crack or somethin?? stop using brake cleaner on your AR... or atlest open the window.

Sure I talk to people not wanting to date them, I call these people guys. Then there is the other 50% of people I talk to.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 7:47:47 PM EDT
[#9]

I feel your pain. Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I ask a  girl for her # and she says how bout you give me yours. That's a nice way of saying that she's not interested and of course she never called me, even though she was all friendly and practically telling me her life story.  

+1 I don't think there are any decent women left. What scares me is some guys I've worked with who are 30, good looking, have plenty of money, and still spend their weekends alone. I really hope I don't end up like that.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 8:04:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"What are my skills?"
"Well....You've got sweet bike...and you're really good at hooking up with chicks...and you're the only guy in school with a mustache."
"That's true."

Vote For Pedro!

-Troy

I have the Vote For Pedro T-Shirt. It rules.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 8:06:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Well at least you tried.  Put her on YOUR friend ladder if you wish, but don't let her put you on hers.

She dangled the bait, got a bite, but it was catch and release. The word "cocktease"comes to mind.  She was stroking her own ego.

Don't waste any more time on her.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 9:31:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've given up trying to understand females. It's more difficult than any math or engineering course.

Ladder Theory
Intellectual Whores

Google is your friend.  The answers are all there
Its really quite simple.

+1

+2
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 10:55:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I was just here in the library researching for a paper, I noticed that she was looking at many of the books that I was looking at. So i ask her are you working on this project too? anyways she was and we made some small talk, well I figure i will get back to work because i dont want to bother her when she is trying to work, anyways she keeps coming up to me and making small talk and joking around.

thats when i am thinking wow this girl is really cute and funny and i think she likes me. then she keeps on talking and coming back to my area, we just sat down and talked for about a hour when we were suppose to be researching.  So i have to go and i think well lets grab those digits and bam, "well i have a boyfriend"

i swear sometimes i just can't get a read on woman, i though the phone number would be a sure thing, why would she bother to keep BSing with me if she wasn't interested.

Well, I think she was definately trying to throw some moves out into your court.

Does she have a boyfriend? Probably. One she's happy with? Doubt it. She was interested and summed you up. She's still interested, but wants something more to justify breakup with her current boyfriend.

I mean, I could be totally wrong. She could be a lesbian and didn't want to be open about it and just lied. Who knows?

DEFINATELY take up on her offer of sitting next to her during class. If you don't take up on that, you're a fool. Do not try to make any moves yet.

Right now is your time to set up your chessboard and play your assets right. Be friendly, be somewhat unavailable (but do not turn her down), and be there emotionally (or some shit like that) for her.
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 12:41:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

When I would go over and initiate a conversation with a guy, I wasn't looking for just "friendship".
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 12:53:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When I would go over and initiate a conversation with a guy, I wasn't looking for just "friendship".

You are so right Gabby.  It was one thing for the girl to make small talk when SAW initially went over.  But, after he left, SHE was the one to keep going over to him to talk to him.  She was giving off signals even though she has a boyfriend.  She's a flirt...and girls like her do give the rest of us bad names.

I'm a flirt...but not when I'm in a relationship.  I love who I'm with and wouldn't flirt with another guy just because he isn't around.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 8:46:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Nope, never had that problem.... must be a str8 guy thing. Sorry.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 8:58:28 AM EDT
[#17]
How did you translate "I have a boyfriend" into "I'm not interested"?  Maybe she wanted to go suck your dick in the bathroom or something.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 9:06:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Kacer, have you ever been with a woman?  I'm not bashing, but after being with a woman nothing else comes close.  I can't even fathom finding another man attractive.  I just don't understand.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 9:08:29 AM EDT
[#19]
I think you might have misinterpreted your interchange with this girl, my friend! A LOT of guys (myself included when I was younger) think that just because a girl is willing to have a conversation with them, it automatically means they are open to something more, like dating or sex. The fact is some people are outgoing and just like to talk. I don't think she was playing games. If she kept coming around after having told you she has a boyfriend, that is playing games. Just a thought from a guy who's been there!
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 9:40:34 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I've given up trying to understand females. It's more difficult than any math or engineering course.

+1
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kacer, have you ever been with a woman?  I'm not bashing, but after being with a woman nothing else comes close.  I can't even fathom finding another man attractive.  I just don't understand.  

Kacer is a lesbian, idiot.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 10:11:31 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh.  Well then, Kacer, I know exactly where you're coming from.  I don't want the tube steak either.

ETA:  Is the idiot remark necessary?  It's not like I know her!
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 10:15:11 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Happens to me all the time.  That's what you get when you spend countless hours on the internet while munching on Doritos getting fat!

what i am not fat nor do i even eat doritos and i dont even have the internet at my house!

Well there's your problem right there. How the heck and you gonna practice your computer hacking skills? Girls only want boyfriends with skills.

Actually it's the other way around most of the time.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 10:25:18 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

You know what i say, "so what I have a girlfriend, that makes us even"

+1
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 10:31:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Hell, that's only happened to me about 50,000 times.  Get used to it!
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 10:33:53 AM EDT
[#26]
At least you had the nuts to ask for her number.  Me, I dont gotta do that anymore.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:29:56 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh.  Well then, Kacer, I know exactly where you're coming from.  I don't want the tube steak either.

ETA:  Is the idiot remark necessary?  It's not like I know her!

Well, there WAS a smilely at the end ;)

BUT - (not that I'm necessarially saying this to anyone IN HERE) a LOT of asshats "wonder" why I tend to "let people KNOW" I'm a lesbian... THIS is EXACTLY why. The newer avatar helped in the str8/not str8 area... but not in the MorF area. So, if anyone who has bothered to READ this exchange in OTHER threads sees an asshat bitch at me for "announcing" it...could you PLEASE back me up with this example, please?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:59:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:03:03 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Screw that!  My wife was engaged to be married when I met her 20 years ago.  If you want something bad enough, then don't give up!  Some just don't get the picture the first time around.  

I think there's a fine line between 'persistent' and 'stalking'.

I'd prefer not to cross that line.

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:07:28 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Wuss.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wuss.  

No woman is worth losing your gun rights over.

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:09:38 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
"Well don't expect me to invite him with us on our date," should've been the response.

That is a good one...

another good one:

"Well whadda you know! I have a girlfriend, so we have something in common!"
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:14:44 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
is it possible you said something that made her want to change her mind?

He was too agressive.  Women throw up the "I have a boyfriend" signal when they feel threatened, whether they do have a boyfriend or not.  Most men are children when it comes to understanding women.  It is better to study how they act, then proceed accordingly.  Most men also have no clue regarding non-verbal signals and regarding how women communicate, which is entirely different then the way a man does.  

We had some fellow post about how a girl lost his number, and when he tried to ask her out, she said she was tired, etc.  The idiot did not pick up on the fact that the girl was not interested, and he kept pushing it, and the poor girl had to get some fellow to call him and tell him to back the heck off.

Think with your large head, gentlemen.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:00:36 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"Well don't expect me to invite him with us on our date," should've been the response.

damn thats a good reply, wish i would have used it.

i just said, "well he is a lucky guy"

Sadly, that is probably what she is looking for.  Flirt for acceptance theory.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:17:09 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top