User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 6:08:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I remember a story where a town got sick of a bully (very real sense of the term, not just your garden-variety douchebag). He ended up getting murdered in broad daylight in public, and nobody said a thing. Still no suspects.

I wish things like that would happen more often.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's an Arizona law firm that was run out-of-town shaking down small businesses for violation of the federal Americans with Disability laws ... hundreds of small stores and restaurants paid bucks to them to leave them alone.

Disgusting.

Some day people like that are going to shake down the wrong guy. Or at least I hope they do.

I remember a story where a town got sick of a bully (very real sense of the term, not just your garden-variety douchebag). He ended up getting murdered in broad daylight in public, and nobody said a thing. Still no suspects.

I remember hearing about that.  As heartwarming a story of a citizenry coming together to effectively discharge a civic duty as I've ever encountered.  I hate a bully.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 8:21:56 AM EDT
[#2]
For a "free" state, this place is full of rules and regulations along with an over staffed agency/department to enforce them.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 8:33:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Well if he dumped asbestos and lead then he should be prosecuted
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 8:44:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't get it:

"He sold the land to Republic Waste in 2002"

Why is he on the hook for the fines and not republic waste?
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

l.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's an Arizona law firm that was run out-of-town shaking down small businesses for violation of the federal Americans with Disability laws ... hundreds of small stores and restaurants paid bucks to them to leave them alone.  

Disgusting.

Some day people like that are going to shake down the wrong guy. Or at least I hope they do.  

King City, MO.

Heard the story from a guy I worked with who was from there and whose family was one victimized by the thug.  Somehow when he told the story I got the idea that he was one of the townsfolk who knew a lot more than the official story.

l.

Good shoot.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_McElroy
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 9:41:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Truck loads of cleanup sounds a bit more than just a simple wood pile. I've dealt with some of these shitty towns when I lived in TX too. So I'm going with the usual assholes collide scenario.
View Quote

Yup.  Said recycled wood, so maybe from building demo or something.   I imagined firewood,  but it may not be.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 10:08:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Pick it all up in a dump truck load and drop it off at the front door step of the lawyers house.

Problem solved  
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like the guy (or Republic Waste) was using his property as a construction/demolition dump site.

The city hiring a law firm to sue the guy is bullshit, but I bet there's more to the story.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 11:09:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Disgusting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disgusting.

Retarded or not, push enough people any you WILL run into someone with very few fucks left.  A law degree won't help very much when a bthp comes to make your acquaintance.  I'm not advocating it, but to pretend it's not likely or even possible, IS retarded.

ETA - I would not feel safe in any capacity working as a lawyer.  There are far too many unstable people and that profession regularly comes in contact with a large percentage of them.  My ex - stepmom was a lawyer.  Sue happy type.  She pulled stunts that ruined people financially (including my old man).  She eventually fucked over the wrong person and paid for it with her life.  The only thing that surprised me was that it took so long.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 11:09:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well if he dumped asbestos and lead then he should be prosecuted
View Quote

Don't throw facts into the discussion.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 11:21:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Fucking drama. They should have just carted it off, billed him the cost of it and liened his property.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top