Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:47:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Somewhere, Jerry Jones has pissed himself that the one thing he couldn't control during Super Bowl week has turned ugly on him.

It is supposed to be in the 60's by Sunday.  Maybe he can???
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:47:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
hell hath not frozen over

i just started a pot of chili

with OUT beans

That's a great idea!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:49:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Over her in the Heart of Timber Country (The Pineywoods for the old Timers ) it was 65* at 6:20 when I got up. By the time I left the house at 7:00 it was 42* and steadily dropping!
The wind was only 25-35 mph so it wasn't to bad out.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:00:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell froze over in DFW today.

so Oak Cliff and Arlington froze over too?  
add the east side of Plano to that list.

And west side of Plano. I did make it to work though

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:25:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Its 9:30 and the kids are wipping my ass already.  
Too cold to go outside and play.  Hopefully school will be open tomorrow!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:27:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What a bunch of pussies!

fine

T time is 4 pm August 21,,,,be there..and bring your sweater...
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:30:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Beer trucks aren't even running in DFW today!

Pretty nasty looking up in Denton County.
It is, sucks.

Should have gone to the store yesterday, I aint got no food here.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:31:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Meh I drove to work just fine.  The highways aren't bad.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:33:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I made it from Plano to Harry Hines just fine.
Benefits of having AWD truck.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:35:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Brrrr

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:35:45 AM EDT
[#11]
DFW reporting in..

Just made it in to work..

roads are deserted.

there is 4 of us at work today..  in an office of >50  

i do live 5 miles away..  
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:39:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
hell hath not frozen over

i just started a pot of chili

with OUT beans

That's a great idea!

Wife y put on red beans and rice in the crockpot!!! I'll be at work forever.....4 call ins.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:56:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Uptown is frozen over so I took a stroll to check things out after the gym.

Starbucks : Open

CVS : Open

Albertson's : Open

Breadwinners : Open

Roads are iced over and I wont be driving today, but I'm amazed at how much is open for business.

EDIT:  Failed to mention, but it should have been obvious that Gold's was open from the first statement.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:10:20 AM EDT
[#14]
The cold/snow has preceeded everywhere the Green BayPackers played this postseason.

GO PACK GO!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:12:27 AM EDT
[#15]
got a call at 8 this morning saying our office will be closed today.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:05:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
NAS Ft. Worth - Essential personnel only.  

I am stuck in a motel room, out of smokes, out of ammo.

It's like Bastogne, without the foxholes, and Nazis.  I do have a continental breakfast though!

Nuts!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:07:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Beer trucks aren't even running in DFW today!

Pretty nasty looking up in Denton County.

Gov. Perry should call out the State Guard to make the beer deliveries in Black Hawks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:19:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
White Rock lake area here. Roads are froze, nobody is moving. 21 degrees a the moment.

I miss the old hood.

just got home from work..

white rock lake area reporting in..

everything is fine..   unless you live in a area with a 2 degree angle  rise or dip..   then its crazy,,

its fun to watch .

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:43:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
White Rock lake area here. Roads are froze, nobody is moving. 21 degrees a the moment.

I miss the old hood.

Lived in east D all of my life. Doubt I'll ever leave.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:55:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm a couple hundred miles NE of the Big D , looks like we will get lucky and miss this one.

I'm set up for power outtage crap but it's still not fun when everything is shut down !

I'm one hundred east and a little south of D.  I serviced and checked my generator about two weeks ago, bought and addeded stabilizer to 40 Gal of gasoline which will probably feed the lawn mower most of the summer, but it's comforting to know it's there.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:58:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I went outside in shorts and a t-shirt for a brief moment of stupidity. I can safely report: it's pretty darn cold.  

I left at 5 this morning and it was 68.  

I'm in Jacksonville, just south of Tyler.  When I got up at 5:30 it was 63.  Power went off and I finished shaving by light of a flashlight.  Fortunately the wife had decided to bake some biscuits so the oven was hot enough to bake the scrambled eggs.  

I live about 6 miles from work.  I arrived there about 6:20 and the temp had dropped to 38, and on down to 26 by mid morning.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The cold/snow has preceeded everywhere the Green BayPackers played this postseason.

GO PACK GO!

The Pittsburgh anouncers are calling it the "Packer Plunge".  And are laughing hard at the Dallas drivers and the people going outside the hotel so they can touch the snow.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#23]
I stayed home today. I do not have a laptop, so no working from home for me.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:22:12 PM EDT
[#24]
tried to go to the gym to lift today in Abilene....if my truck didnt have a locker i wouldve been walking home. I said F'it and turned around after sliding into the curb and almost getting stuck in a snow drift (wouldve been fine if ice wasnt underneath the snow)
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#25]
When I used work in downtown Dallas, one of the guys took an off-ramp and slid all the way to the bottom, black ice. Definitely scared the living $h!t out of him. Good thing there was no car in front of him

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:26:18 PM EDT
[#26]
What a bunch of Texas Vaginas! Holeeeeeeeeee shit!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:27:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Here just West of Ft. Worth I have abou a 4 ft snow/ice drift in my yard.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Please you people bitch and moan when it gets over 80 degrees....lol "whaaaa we dont have a/c...help us you's guys"

oh and when nobody plows snow for you...
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Looks like the Texas women will be hunting Louisiana men again tonight.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#30]
My wifes "Gay" Honda Ridgeline served me well today. I could have done 50 mph if I had wanted.
No problems. Thing handles great on ice. Had to stop twice and kick the accumulated ice out of the wheel wells. I made the trip form Plano to Downtown Dallas and back w/o incident at moderate speed.
My 2WD Chevy Silverado  is horrible on this stuff.

Nice bunch of Red Beans and Rice in the crockpot when I got home.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Didn't drive in to work today (worked from home).  A few inches of solid ice on the road, driveway and my truck were enough deterrent to me.

Ice here is worse than lake-effect snow in Northern Ohio or the snow drifts in Colorado...  It's all about the ability to remove and/or mitigate the weather for the area.  We dont have the capacity here to do so, which increases the risks to be out on the road.  The plus side, is that my wife had today and has tomorrow off.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:31:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#34]
I got off work at 0230 this morning and am off till Friday. Sipping some Maker's Mark and enjoying the cold.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My wifes "Gay" Honda Ridgeline served me well today. I could have done 50 mph if I had wanted.
No problems. Thing handles great on ice. Had to stop twice and kick the accumulated ice out of the wheel wells. I made the trip form Plano to Downtown Dallas and back w/o incident at moderate speed.
My 2WD Chevy Silverado  is horrible on this stuff.

Nice bunch of Red Beans and Rice in the crockpot when I got home.

You remove your road fudge?

Are there parking chaiies in Texas?  
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:39:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Up in the panhandle, it's +5 with a 27 mph wind.  That gives us a -18 chill, humidity is  73%.  Thats cold, I don't care where you call home.  We didn't get the ice that you guys in "north" Texas got and only got a couple inches of light fluffy snow.  The wind has all the snow piled up on the south side of all the buildings and road ditches so we didn't gt any good out of any of it.  I feel sorry for the guys in the oil patch and the cowboys that have to be out in this.  Sometimes it is a good thing to be self-employed with no employees.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:40:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I got off work at 0230 this morning and am off till Friday. Sipping some Maker's Mark and enjoying the cold.

I love it when that happens. I am off tomorrow. Gonna sit by the fire, eat, drink and play with the dogs (and maybe the Mrs.)

ETA: CarbineDad. Yes, I kick the enormous clods of ice etc. off my truck.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:44:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please you people bitch and moan when it gets over 80 degrees....lol "whaaaa we dont have a/c...help us you's guys"

oh and when nobody plows snow for you...

We cant help it if we are civilized lol.
REMEMBER THE ALAMO! Except if theres ice then we will just sit it out for awhile and wait.....

In all seriousness be safe on the roads Texas the ice is a bitch.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:49:00 PM EDT
[#39]
went to work in mckinney, no problems to report
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:49:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love it when that happens. I am off tomorrow. Gonna sit by the fire, eat, drink and play with the dogs (and maybe the Mrs.)

ETA: CarbineDad. Yes, I kick the enormous clods of ice etc. off my truck.

I just drive around through the snow with it caked there.  Maybe in the driveway or parking spot, but I have never kicked those out of my sedan.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:39:26 PM EDT
[#42]

Ice sucks.  Slipped and fell this afternoon just trying to get to the car.  I wanna go home.   LOL.

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:43:18 PM EDT
[#43]
I saw a Carrollton firetruck that spun out and went over the median on my way into work.  Sucks to be that driver!  I made it to work no problem, but there was no point whatsoever in me going in.

College was closed though, so I got out of taking my first exam of the year.  I still haven't decided if that's a good or bad thing.  I don't like that the class will now be a day behind, but I'm glad to have more study time.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:53:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Soon that will happen here in El Paso today. Nobody knows have to drive in the rain and when it snows here (2 times a year) they go full retard.

We're expected to have about 2-3 I think..... Not much at all.

Here in El Paso also.  Not gonna be anything like big D but hopefully we'll get some snow.  It's just damn cold right now, a lot colder than we are used to here in the sunny southwest, 25 with a windchill of about 10.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#45]
i used to live in Midland, what are they going to get
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:40:35 PM EDT
[#46]
It's a little windy here.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:49:26 PM EDT
[#47]
My company makes our buildings available for work 24/7 all year round, we never close.  If you choose not to come in, that's up to you and your boss.  I took off today, first time I have ever done that in 20 years because of weather.  My ass will be in there tomorrow though.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:54:31 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

North of US 380 is a solid sheet of ice and sleet.

Yep. As long as you can stay on the portion of the road that hasn't seen much traffic, it's alright though. The right lane is fubar.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#49]
I got a pizza delivered tonight in Watauga
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 8:12:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Poor babies!

It took 8" of snow and half of a state emergency disaster by the Governor to close down my university.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top