Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:42:30 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

It would be nice to stay on it year round

Yup.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:48:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Pick one time or the other and stick to it!

Once again, this.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:02:46 AM EDT
[#3]
30% of you want this???
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:12:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I think it there should be daylight all day.  Then it should be dark all night.  

My system seems much simpler than what we're doing now.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:13:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't love it or hate it. I just wish we'd pick one time standard and stick with it. Changing it forwards or backwards every six months is stupid, imo.

This is my opinion.  I hope when the time comes we pick daylight savings to stick to though.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:14:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Keep DST year round

This
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:14:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I vote to leave it at DST and never change back.  MUCH better having it light later in the day!
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:17:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Keep DST year round.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:39:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

A seething hatred have I for DST and all those who support it.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:40:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Gain an hour of partying, lose an hour of sleep.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:45:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:47:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm from AZ. We say fuck that noise.

AZ here also. So glad we don't change times! Makes no sense.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:24:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think it is completely retarded.

Saturday I woke up @ 6am, the sun was out. Sunday I wake up at the same time and it is still dark out. Explain how this saves daylight?

But, but, its for the farmers and people who need the sunlight to do work? Yeah maybe a 100 years ago.

It doesn't save daylight. It removes it from the beginning of the day, adds it to the end.

Daylight is a good thing, in my book. I don't give a shit if it's dark when I drive to work, but I do like having ample daylight after my 7-3 shift.

So what do people do in the winter when it gets dark by 4pm? Same thing for summer when the sun is going down and its 9pm? The sun is going to set and rise no matter what your clock/watch says. AZ gets along fine without it. I think its time for the rest of the country to put down that old book of spells and step into the real world.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:27:47 AM EDT
[#14]
I like being -4GMT better than -5       Hell, I wish the sun came up at noon
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:41:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think it is completely retarded.

Saturday I woke up @ 6am, the sun was out. Sunday I wake up at the same time and it is still dark out. Explain how this saves daylight?

But, but, its for the farmers and people who need the sunlight to do work? Yeah maybe a 100 years ago.

It doesn't save daylight. It removes it from the beginning of the day, adds it to the end.

Daylight is a good thing, in my book. I don't give a shit if it's dark when I drive to work, but I do like having ample daylight after my 7-3 shift.

So what do people do in the winter when it gets dark by 4pm? Same thing for summer when the sun is going down and its 9pm? The sun is going to set and rise no matter what your clock/watch says. AZ gets along fine without it. I think its time for the rest of the country to put down that old book of spells and step into the real world.

You bitch and moan, because it fucking sucks when shit is dark by 5 o'clock.

I'd much rather have the extra hour of daylight in the summer (adjusted, not magic spells) and "lose" and hour of sleep one day, and deal with the impending darkness all winter long.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm from AZ. We say fuck that noise.

AZ here also. So glad we don't change times! Makes no sense.

The rest of the country switching times really screws up Arizona TV programming that is based on eastern times or an eastern feed. Live sports, live news, etc...

Pick time a format and standardize.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:04:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

A seething hatred have I for DST and all those who support it.

Sorry, I just adore it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:05:35 PM EDT
[#18]
dont care which time we use just stick to one already. really sucks with small kids.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:21:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I just love it.  Especially in July, on a 98 degree day when the sun continues to hang up there in the sky roasting our asses off.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top