Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:48:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the cadillac okay?

Nope, I left a massive dent in the passenger side.

So how much are you suing the driver for?

And how big of a ticket did the driver get from the police?

I'm a fellow rider, but mainly stick to mountain biking. Better scenery, and no morons in cars. Although, a serious injury out there could pose a problem. Always ride with a buddy.

this

trails or offroad for me... I can't STAND riding with cars around...

lucky for me Philly has lots of biking trails

heal up quick OP...

I fear bouncing off a tree more than the cars. I push hard when I mountain bike and last time I sliced the shit out of my arm.

No clue what the lawyer is going for. I think I might have also done something to my ribs, real hard to breathe on the injured side. I expect more xrays today.

I think the driver was given a ticket for failure to yield to a pedestrian.

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 3:28:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry you are broken.  Hope you heal soon.  When you start riding again, please implore your fellow riders to ride single file and all the way to the right so I don't have to spew my venomous hatred for all of you that force me and my family into the oncoming traffic lane.

What do you do when there is a tractor on the road?

Follow them while they run bicycle-blocker for me
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
T boned a caddy at around 25mph on a training ride last Friday. How long did till I might be able to get back on the trainer? I am in a simple arm sling right now and go to the ortho tomorrow. Just wondering what others experience was with this break.

Where is the break?

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 5:36:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
T boned a caddy at around 25mph on a training ride last Friday. How long did till I might be able to get back on the trainer? I am in a simple arm sling right now and go to the ortho tomorrow. Just wondering what others experience was with this break.

Where is the break?

TOPIC
Cyclists need advice broken clavicle   (Page 2 of 2)
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:16:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Well I looked at the X-rays yesterday. My clavicle is completely displaced. Doctor said I could let it heal on its own, I pushed for surgery. Also found out I cracked a few ribs, so I get to wear a compression brace now. She told me 3 months until Im on my bike again, that seems like way too long but she is the doctor. Set up my wife's recumbent exercise bike with clipless pedals and thats where I will be hanging out a few hours a day it seems.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 6:34:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where is the break?

TOPIC
Cyclists need advice broken clavicle   (Page 2 of 2)

Awesome!  You're a genius and can not only read a thread title, but quote it.  Do you believe that there is only one spot where a bone can break?  Where along the clavicle the break occured matters when for both time to heal and how active the OP might be able to be during the healing process.  If the break is distal, it's probably going to take longer to heal, may require additional hardware, and mean less activity than if the break is proximal.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 3:38:29 PM EDT
[#7]
It's closer to the distal.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top