Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 3:34:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Okay. 2014 Jeep Cherokee and no paint issues. 2015 JKU and no paint issues. It's not as widespread as you make it out to be.

Back to Mustangs....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a friend that owns a Chevrolet dealership and another couple that work at Toyota and BMW dealerships and they can all attest to newer cars having softer/weaker paint.  They get swirl marks super easy, rock chips super easy, their detail shops fight it on a regular basis because sometimes they wash a brand new car after PDI and it already has swirls/scratches in the paint.  

That was the reason I didn't let the dealership that I bought my C7 from wash it after it came off the truck, and it still had scratches in the clear coat from the car cover they put on vettes during shipment.
Okay. 2014 Jeep Cherokee and no paint issues. 2015 JKU and no paint issues. It's not as widespread as you make it out to be.

Back to Mustangs....
If you really think you look at your jeep and truck the same way people look at a small imperfection on a mustang you're kidding yourself.  

ALL new cars have soft paint that scratches and chips fairly easily.  It's not some mustang specific issue.  You can go on any car forum and find posts about it.  It's not a widespread "problem", it's just the way they paint cars nowadays.  

The more you touch your paint, with anything, the more you will scratch it.  That is a fact.  The two bucket system works pretty well, cut the ends off of your towels if they have stitching (and rip the tags off too obviously) and buy a nice clay bar kit if you plan to keep your paint looking good.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 3:41:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If you really think you look at your jeep and truck the same way people look at a small imperfection on a mustang you're kidding yourself.  

ALL new cars have soft paint that scratches and chips fairly easily.  It's not some mustang specific issue.  You can go on any car forum and find posts about it.  It's not a widespread "problem", it's just the way they paint cars nowadays.  

The more you touch your paint, with anything, the more you will scratch it.  That is a fact.  The two bucket system works pretty well, cut the ends off of your towels if they have stitching (and rip the tags off too obviously) and buy a nice clay bar kit if you plan to keep your paint looking good.
View Quote
You have no clue how I take of my vehicles and as posted before, please keep on topic. Coyote Mustangs.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You have no clue how I take of my vehicles and as posted before, please keep on topic. Coyote Mustangs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't comment on how you take care of your vehicles.   Please actually read what I wrote.

Coyote Mustangs don't have super thin paint that is any different from any other new car, all new cars have relatively easy to scratch paint.  On topic as can be.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I didn't comment on how you take care of your vehicles.   Please actually read what I wrote.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click. I'm not here for arguments. Go to GD for that.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 4:03:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Again, I commented on the way that you LOOK at your paint.  Not the way you take care of it.

People who have a basic daily driver will call the paint perfect, when the same number of swirl marks or small imperfections on a Mustang could drive an enthusiast up a wall.

Putting someone on ignore because you don't take the time to read what they wrote is silly (and kinda ironic).
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 7:35:58 PM EDT
[#6]
2.5 hour drive today. Seats felt great the whole time.  Columbia to Mooresville NC.
No regerts
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
2.5 hour drive today. Seats felt great the whole time.  Columbia to Mooresville NC.
No regerts
View Quote
Good to know, thanks.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:52:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Awesome cars. Dollar for dollar, mod for mod they out-performed the 5G Camaro. I'm a GM guy but if I could find a 2013-14 GT Premium Auto in either Ruby Red or Deep Impact Blue with low miles for decent price... it may replace my 2001 Z28.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:03:36 AM EDT
[#9]
There was a thread here about this months ago.  

Has to be one of the better values out there for a pure street demon. LOL
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:35:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There was a thread here about this months ago.  

Has to be one of the better values out there for a pure street demon. LOL
View Quote
I agree. Great deal, but I'm not sure I'd want something with that much HP. The 670 HP version, maybe.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 11:45:06 AM EDT
[#11]
As a  member of the DAV, I found out that I'm eligible for X-plan pricing. That saves me a few grand.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 12:31:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I agree. Great deal, but I'm not sure I'd want something with that much HP. The 670 HP version, maybe.
View Quote
I am as much a horsepower fiend as anyone but I gotta say that the 444HP (probably a few more with my minor mods) is plenty in my Boss. It is a very usable power throughout the RPM range and the suspension handles it perfectly. It is very predictable to drive and to get out of trouble when pushed hard. An extra few hundred horsepower would throw that balance off a bit I'm sure. There is certainly the possibility that I'll bolt a blower on at some point but that would be more because I am a jackass than because I think the car needs it in any way.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 3:15:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I had the x-plan when I bought mine.  Took almost $4000 off the sticker.  Between it and the other rebates they were offering I got mine for almost $8000 off sticker. 
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 8:50:39 AM EDT
[#14]
I also used the X plan. Great deal if you want an '18, but you'll be able to find '17's on clearance for much less.
May 22, 2014, the day ordering banks opened for the new S550, I walked into the dealership and handed them my X plan PIN and the list of options I wanted and put $5000 down and started the countdown.
Nov 5th was like Christmas morning for me.
I finally got to see one in person at Mustang Week in July of that year and felt really good about my decision.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I also used the X plan. Great deal if you want an '18, but you'll be able to find '17's on clearance for much less.
May 22, 2014, the day ordering banks opened for the new S550, I walked into the dealership and handed them my X plan PIN and the list of options I wanted and put $5000 down and started the countdown.
Nov 5th was like Christmas morning for me.
I finally got to see one in person at Mustang Week in July of that year and felt really good about my decision.
View Quote
And there lies my dilemma. Steal a low price close out 17 or pick up an 18 at a higher price but with exact options I want.  

Going to go with an 18 and get what I want. I just need to find out when the 18 order banks open up. Online rumor has it on July 24th, but no official list has been made that I've heard about.

Will go pester the local ford dealer next week and see if I can get some updated info.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 8:54:09 PM EDT
[#16]
If it were me, I'd hold out for the '18

Orange Fury for the win!
 I'd trade my Deep Impact Blue for one in a split second if money wasn't an issue.  
Going to be more horse power
Dual friction clutch (not your concern)
New 10 speed auto trans.
New exhaust system with quad tips and you can dial in the volume
Redesigned lower front end.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 9:20:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I think I've narrowed down what my next vehicle will be, a Mustang GT. I've looked at the competition and the Mustang is the only one that hits the majority of the right buttons.

Please, no camaro this or charger / challenger that. That's not what I'm looking for.

I want opinions of current and past coyote owners about the vehicle. Don't just say I like it. I want to know why you like it. Same thing with past owners. If you didn't like it and moved on, what didn't you like about it.

The vehicle will be used as a daily driver. Not ripping through town and doing burnouts. It will be used on a rare occasion to due some long distance trips that are 1000+ miles, so I'd like to know about the seats and would they be good in a long distance trip like that?

About the driver: Mid 40ies, clean record ( read I don't do stupid shit ), have not owned a V8 car since 2001-2 time frame, but have driven a 2006 mustang GT.

My planned options, if I do go this route and depending if I go 2017 or 2018.

GT Premium

Some sort of blue color. Yes, I know Kona blue is coming for the 2018

3.55 gears

Auto-  No gripes or complaints. You're not paying for the car.

Still debating on the 401A package for the shaker system. I need to hear both systems before deciding.

Thanks

Also, make this a pic thread as well.
View Quote
Have you tried to rent one for a week and go on a trip? Might answer a lot of questions.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 10:11:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Have you tried to rent one for a week and go on a trip? Might answer a lot of questions.
View Quote
Will be going to my local ford dealership next to see what the 17 model is like, sit in it, and test drive. I know some dealers won't allow test drives on the V8 cars, if that happens, I'll find another dealer who will. Someone out there will take my money. It will let me gauge the dealer as well.
They're rated fairly high. As for a rental, good idea, may look into that after a test drive and such.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 10:07:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Awesome cars. Dollar for dollar, mod for mod they out-performed the 5G Camaro. I'm a GM guy but if I could find a 2013-14 GT Premium Auto in either Ruby Red or Deep Impact Blue with low miles for decent price... it may replace my 2001 Z28.
View Quote
I'm on the same page as this guy.

For me the Coyote to buy is the 2011-2014 as it was (in my opinion) more true to the muscle car formula I like.

2015+ GAINED weight and is trying to be like every other car out there with i-Everything and 10 miles of electronics and shit you don't need in a performance car.

OP, you mention you want comfy seats, an automatic and a nice ride, sounds to me like you want a Challenger.  The new mustang premium almost weighs as much as a Scat Pack Challenger, the challenger has by FAR the best seats out of all of the muscle cars out there right now.  You do know the chassis Chrysler uses for the challenger is an old Mercedes Benz platform right?  The challenger in an AUTOMATIC runs a mid 12 in the 1/4 mile with an average driver.   The automatic 2015+ Mustang GT BARELY runs a 12.9.  

If you were wanting a 2015+ GT in a stick, stripped down boy racer config, I'd say yes that's the way to go, but if you are gonna load one up with a MSRP in the mid 40s, you are screwing up by not getting a Scat Pack 485hp (total BS they have more than that) Challenger, or a 450hp low 12 second LIGHTER 6th gen Camaro SS.   Also my experience is the more gears you add to your automatic the more "gear hunting" you experience which drives me nuts with the car always shifting trying to find the right gear even with light throttle.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'm on the same page as this guy.

For me the Coyote to buy is the 2011-2014 as it was (in my opinion) more true to the muscle car formula I like.

2015+ GAINED weight and is trying to be like every other car out there with i-Everything and 10 miles of electronics and shit you don't need in a performance car.

OP, you mention you want comfy seats, an automatic and a nice ride, sounds to me like you want a Challenger.  The new mustang premium almost weighs as much as a Scat Pack Challenger, the challenger has by FAR the best seats out of all of the muscle cars out there right now.  You do know the chassis Chrysler uses for the challenger is an old Mercedes Benz platform right?  The challenger in an AUTOMATIC runs a mid 12 in the 1/4 mile with an average driver.   The automatic 2015+ Mustang GT BARELY runs a 12.9.  

If you were wanting a 2015+ GT in a stick, stripped down boy racer config, I'd say yes that's the way to go, but if you are gonna load one up with a MSRP in the mid 40s, you are screwing up by not getting a Scat Pack 485hp (total BS they have more than that) Challenger, or a 450hp low 12 second LIGHTER 6th gen Camaro SS.   Also my experience is the more gears you add to your automatic the more "gear hunting" you experience which drives me nuts with the car always shifting trying to find the right gear even with light throttle.
View Quote
MDS and AFM. If the automatic Challenger kept the non MDS engine that the standard has, that would be my first choice. I'm buying a V8 for a V8 and not a 4 cylinder. Yes, I know it can be turned off with sport mode, but that changes shift mapping. Camaro is completely ruled out for crappy viability ( for me ).
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Will be going to my local ford dealership next to see what the 17 model is like, sit in it, and test drive. I know some dealers won't allow test drives on the V8 cars, if that happens, I'll find another dealer who will. Someone out there will take my money. It will let me gauge the dealer as well.
They're rated fairly high. As for a rental, good idea, may look into that after a test drive and such.
View Quote
LOL.    I had no problem at my local ford grabbing a 5.0 for a test drive.   Left copy of my drivers license and they tossed me the keys.

I was gone for 2 hours and pegged the accelerometer at nearly 1g during a couple on/off ramp turns.

Hope you find a decent dealership.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 3:47:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

LOL.    I had no problem at my local ford grabbing a 5.0 for a test drive.   Left copy of my drivers license and they tossed me the keys.

I was gone for 2 hours and pegged the accelerometer at nearly 1g during a couple on/off ramp turns.

Hope you find a decent dealership.
View Quote
I doubt I'll have any issues, but just saying some dealers are like that. I'm more worried about a shitty salesman than anything.

When I was looking at Wranglers, I went to my local Jeep dealer and told them what I was looking for. ( had bought 2 vehicles from them previously and they made a sale, as I referred my brother in law )
They told me they couldn't order any more 2015 models for the year ( this was in may and order banks were still open ), but would look for what I wanted that was already built. I also sent emails to a few other dealers in a 50 mile radius. No replies from any of them.

For shits and giggles I shot off an email to a dealer 120 miles away, because of the positive reviews. Within 5 minutes I had a call and talked to the best salesperson I've ever dealt with. He said what do you want and when do you want it ordered. I drove to meet him the next day, handed him a list and a deposit. He didn't try to upsell anything and wasn't pushy.
He kept in contact to keep me updated. He made sure the dealer didn't put any of their decals or badges on it and kept his word on everything he said he would do. He also called me every month for the next few months to see if the Jeep was working out for me or if any issues needed to be fixed.

I have about 3-4 Ford dealers in a 30 mile drive from me. I'm sure I'll have no issues finding a good dealer out of the bunch.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#23]
2016 GT premium. Auto, dual climate controls, nav, heated/cooled seats, 3.55 rear. I bought it used but under 10k miles. It's my daily driver, I love it! Edit to add: I'm older than you and I've got no issues on trips.
(not the latest picture as I've blacked my badges out and changed the spoiler)

Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:56:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
2016 GT premium. Auto, dual climate controls, nav, heated/cooled seats, 3.55 rear. I bought it used but under 10k miles. It's my daily driver, I love it! Edit to add: I'm older than you and I've got no issues on trips.

http://i68.tinypic.com/s64n4i.jpg
View Quote

How do you like the 3.55s in it? Too much, too little?
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i68.tinypic.com/s64n4i.jpg

I'm very happy with them. I think the 3.73's would be too much, but that's just for me. I have done a few minor mods, would love to do a (Lund) tune but I'm not quite ready for that yet.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 3:51:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm very happy with them. I think the 3.73's would be too much, but that's just for me. I have done a few minor mods, would love to do a (Lund) tune but I'm not quite ready for that yet.
View Quote
Thanks. Will check out tunes and mods after the fact. The car will have enough HP for me as is. Will fine tune it down the road.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Thanks. Will check out tunes and mods after the fact. The car will have enough HP for me as is. Will fine tune it down the road.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The first thing I did when I picked mine up was the oil catch can. No hp increase but it has its benefits. So far I've done the following: Roush cold air intake and axle back mufflers, CDC outlaw spoiler, MMD side scoops, White Madness Garage shifter shaft, grille delete/mesh insert (only on the upper grille), JLT painted engine/coil covers and ceramic pro 9h coating. Springs will be going on in the next couple of weeks. I think you'll be happy no matter what you decide.... and when you do get it, welcome to the addiction and post up them pictures!
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 4:55:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The first thing I did when I picked mine up was the oil catch can. No hp increase but it has its benefits. So far I've done the following: Roush cold air intake and axle back mufflers, CDC outlaw spoiler, MMD side scoops, White Madness Garage shifter shaft, grille delete/mesh insert (only on the upper grille), JLT painted engine/coil covers and ceramic pro 9h coating. Springs will be going on in the next couple of weeks. I think you'll be happy no matter what you decide.... and when you do get it, welcome to the addiction and post up them pictures!
View Quote
What catch can did you use? I'm looking those up for the mustang. I knew about them for the charger / challenger.

No matter what I decide to get, I'll post pics. Since I'm looking at an 18, it won't be until late fall most likely.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:32:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Yes, 3:55's are great
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What catch can did you use? I'm looking those up for the mustang. I knew about them for the charger / challenger.

No matter what I decide to get, I'll post pics. Since I'm looking at an 18, it won't be until late fall most likely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like the UPR, just my preference though. I like a lot of the new "updates" with the 2018's...  but I just can't get used to the new front end lol
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 6:29:23 PM EDT
[#31]
I will no longer refer people to mustang6g for anything.

They have decided to restrict/moderate/ban any comments critical of the 2018 redesign with reference to the looks.

Before I could post or find the forum today I was redirected to a page about some social justice minded safe space bullshit for the 2018.

I think I have posted maybe 3 times in the past 6 months regarding the front end.

Today there was a thread about the Roush redesign for the 2018.   I posted hopes that the front end would be fixed.

Got a warning.

Told the moderator off and promptly made a post to force a ban.

Fuck that place.   Read if need be but dont join/post.    If they are going to play that game fuck them.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 10:11:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

They have decided to restrict/moderate/ban any comments critical of the 2018 redesign with reference to the looks.

Before I could post or find the forum today I was redirected to a page about some social justice minded safe space bullshit for the 2018.

I think I have posted maybe 3 times in the past 6 months regarding the front end.

Today there was a thread about the Roush redesign for the 2018.   I posted hopes that the front end would be fixed.

Got a warning.

Fuck that place.   Read if need be but dont join/post.    If they are going to play that game fuck them.
View Quote
Damn man. I just looked at your recent posts, unless mods got delete happy, I saw nothing that would warrant a ban. You've been a good source of info for me. Fuck them if they want to ban someone for stating a valid opinion.

I'll admit, the 2018 front end looks like it was ripped off a toyota, but I like the rest of the car, so I'll deal with it.

Local dealer has a 17 auto gt premium on the lot. Going to go give it a look over and test drive if possible. If I like it, I'll see if I can't get any info from them on when the 18 pre orders start.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 10:13:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I like the UPR, just my preference though. I like a lot of the new "updates" with the 2018's...  but I just can't get used to the new front end lol
View Quote
Watch it, you may get the ban hammer for not liking the front end ( read uglygun's post )

Yep I don't like it as well. Thanks for the name of the can. I'll look them up when I have time.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:04:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Watch it, you may get the ban hammer for not liking the front end ( read uglygun's post )

Yep I don't like it as well. Thanks for the name of the can. I'll look them up when I have time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's other cans out there too, but I've found that UPR seems to be the best but again... just my opinion

I like the looks of the Roush and GT350 front bumpers for the '15-'17 but just like the factory grille, they block a lot of the air intake area. I decided to do a upper grille delete, added some mesh/screen to it. My air intake temps now stay within 2-4 degrees of ambient temps when driving.

I don't post much over there, more research than anything. Sounds like someone got their panties in a wad although I'm sure there could have been some trolling going on. Warning or banning someone because they give their honest opinion is just stupid!
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:04:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Check out Shaun at AED for a tune as well. Great customer service and a stellar rep for his tunes. I have one for my Boss and am very happy with it's street manners vs. stock.....smoother acceleration and pulls a bit harder from low RPMs.

(Full disclosure......I ended up running Ford's re-released TracKey programming for my car which wasn't available when I bought it. It has a few features that aren't available on the AED tune but otherwise they are comparable as far as performance)
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:07:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
JLT makes a nice catch can setup (you only need the passenger side). It uses factory hoses/connections and installs in about 15 seconds.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:10:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Check out Shaun at AED for a tune as well. Great customer service and a stellar rep for his tunes. I have one for my Boss and am very happy with it's street manners vs. stock.....smoother acceleration and pulls a bit harder from low RPMs.

(Full disclosure......I ended up running Ford's re-released TracKey programming for my car which wasn't available when I bought it. It has a few features that aren't available on the AED tune but otherwise they are comparable as far as performance)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll check them out.

I've got a few guys in my local group that are running the Lund tune and they are extremely pleased. Their contact(s) were very helpful with fine tuning how their cars drove. One of the cars is almost identical to mine in specs, I got to go for a ride and holy hell! it really woke the car up and he considers his a "mild" tune!
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:12:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
JLT makes a nice catch can setup (you only need the passenger side). It uses factory hoses/connections and installs in about 15 seconds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

agreed, you wouldn't need the driver's side unless you're running boost.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:18:55 AM EDT
[#39]
if you look in front of the coolant reservoir, you'll see my catch can. There are "remote" mounts made but where mine would go, per UPR is under the strut tower brace between the wheel well and coil cover and would be a pain to get out to empty.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:41:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
if you look in front of the coolant reservoir, you'll see my catch can. There are "remote" mounts made but where mine would go, per UPR is under the strut tower brace between the wheel well and coil cover and would be a pain to get out to empty.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/76160/-MG-3894A1-258502.JPG
View Quote
What mods did you have to make to get it to mount there? That's also the location of where the Charger/ Challenger can goes. It just bolts into an extra hole in the block.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:46:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Got a warning.

View Quote
That's pretty sad when you design a car that's so ugly forum mods have to ban people for talking about it

2014 Master Race checking in
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:55:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Uglygun,  I can almost understand the 6G position.  Back when I had ordered my '15 I was a member on another Mustang forum.  Honestly, I have forgotten which one it was now.  But it was so out of hand with the personal attacks from owners of '14's and below, it was nauseating.  I finally sent a PM to some of the moderators and told them they can have their S550 hating website and joined 6G.  It really got annoying trying to post questions and have some cocksucker come in just to talk shit about my decision and proceed to tell me how much better his '13 or '14 was.
That being said, I like the new front end.  And keep in mind, remember the hate and indecision for the '15 until it hit the streets. These cars look totally different in person than they do in photos.

Quoted:

That's pretty sad when you design a car that's so ugly forum mods have to ban people for talking about it

View Quote
Fuck you and your ugly ass outdated Mustang.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:24:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'll check them out.

I've got a few guys in my local group that are running the Lund tune and they are extremely pleased. Their contact(s) were very helpful with fine tuning how their cars drove. One of the cars is almost identical to mine in specs, I got to go for a ride and holy hell! it really woke the car up and he considers his a "mild" tune!
View Quote
I was just throwing it out there. I'd say that if you drove an Lund tuned car and were happy with the results and know owners that are happy then stick with that.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:29:59 AM EDT
[#44]
I don't get the hate from some of these forums. I chose my '13 because that is the year I think they nailed the look.....modern with the right retro mix thrown in. The somewhat bare bones Boss was certainly a lure as well. While I prefer what I bought (obviously) I appreciate the newer models and advancements as well. I don't even see that much of a difference with the new redesign tweaks.....certainly not enough to get in a fuss over. Hell, I can even appreciate the occasional MOPAR or GM product.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:29:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Went to my local dealer to look at a 17 they had on the lot. Didn't have time to test drive it, as I was needed elsewhere. From what I saw of the car, it looks pretty good and the seats were very nice and snug. Interior was nice as well. 2018 should be orderable in a few weeks, according to the dealer.

As I was leaving the office ( giving  salesman my contact info ), a gt 350 was pulling out. When it hit the highway, I could have sworn the exhaust note said go be poor somewhere else.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Uglygun,  I can almost understand the 6G position.  Back when I had ordered my '15 I was a member on another Mustang forum.  Honestly, I have forgotten which one it was now.  But it was so out of hand with the personal attacks from owners of '14's and below, it was nauseating.  I finally sent a PM to some of the moderators and told them they can have their S550 hating website and joined 6G.  It really got annoying trying to post questions and have some cocksucker come in just to talk shit about my decision and proceed to tell me how much better his '13 or '14 was.
That being said, I like the new front end.  And keep in mind, remember the hate and indecision for the '15 until it hit the streets. These cars look totally different in person than they do in photos.

View Quote
They can have their shit assed website.   When the ban is lifted I will probably troll Jarstang one more time and hopefully make it permanent.

Wasnt attacking members.   That I wouldnt condone or expect to go without any action.

But if a car is ugly or looks like it had it's styling ripped off from another car, I forget which japanese car has those same gills in the front fascia, then it is a simple statement of fact.

The 2018 got ugly.    Lots of other improvements that are pretty great for performance.  But that shit isnt going to allow me to grow past the looks.   Posting an opinion of hopes for Roush to fix the front end is pretty goddamn simple a desire.

Know what other cars look ugly?   The stupid S550 Shelby Super snakes.   Also, the 98-02 new edge mustangs.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What mods did you have to make to get it to mount there? That's also the location of where the Charger/ Challenger can goes. It just bolts into an extra hole in the block.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/76160/-MG-3894A1-258502.JPG
no mods. just lift up the intake cover, unplug the old line and plug the new one in and push the cover back down... nothing else to do.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:38:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I got to see an '18 at the auto show when it came to Birmingham....  I'm still not impressed
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:39:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I was just throwing it out there. I'd say that if you drove an Lund tuned car and were happy with the results and know owners that are happy then stick with that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll check them out.

I appreciate your input and still plan on checking them out.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

As I was leaving the office ( giving  salesman my contact info ), a gt 350 was pulling out. When it hit the highway, I could have sworn the exhaust note said go be poor somewhere else.
View Quote
I sat in one while waiting on my paperwork to be finalized.... I told the sales manager, who was sitting in said Shelby with me, that I didn't believe this was a 60k car. He told me that I wouldn't get it for 60k because of the markup/demand/etc but in saying that, he agreed with me. Keeping in mind, we had the car doors shut when he agreed with me
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top