BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:45:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
We must be tolerant.

FUCK THAT. You be tolerant.

that type of pussy attitude is why we have some of the issues we do have.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:50:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Am I reading it right? Are that many posters saying he hit her because he was black? I'm probably going to get called naive and the arfcom CoC compliant version of "nigger lover" again, but isn't it more likely that it's something else, like mental illness or some kind of anti-muslim sentiment? I'm not surprised he was black, but I wouldn't have been surprised if he had been white either. Random bizarre violence isn't "a black thing'.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:50:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
We must be tolerant.

Be Tolerant?
At what point do you say enough is enough.
When did the concept of consequences for ones actions become extinct?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:52:20 AM EDT
[#4]
The uk sucks!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:52:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We must be tolerant.

Be Tolerant?
At what point do you say enough is enough.
When did the concept of consequences for ones actions become extinct?

When 'Social Justice' gained a foothold in American/ English common law jurisprudence.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I reading it right? Are that many posters saying he hit her because he was black? I'm probably going to get called naive and the arfcom CoC compliant version of "nigger lover" again, but isn't it more likely that it's something else, like mental illness or some kind of anti-muslim sentiment? I'm not surprised he was black, but I wouldn't have been surprised if he had been white either. Random bizarre violence isn't "a black thing'.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/173/576/Wat8.jpg?1315930535

Maybe I'm reading some of the posters wrong, but it seems like there's a lot that were like "oh well that explains it all". They kinda stood out. It was weird.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Are that many posters saying he hit her because he was black?

I'm not surprised he was black,

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:59:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You can wring your hands about cause and effect all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that there appears to be patterns to certain behaviors.

People didn't start using the term "Melanin Precognition" for no reason.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That man needs to be killed.

Yes he does.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:00:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The fuck?

Looks like maybe a gang initiation.

Yeah.  That sure proves his courage alright.  I hope they catch him and initiate him into the prison gang.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:00:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:00:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

reality called. it usually is.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:02:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We must be tolerant.

Of random assaults or of criminals attacking their prey?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:03:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:03:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Facts are racist.  Ban them.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:03:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

and I wouldn't have been surprised had he been white, like I said. What I meant was that I'm not trying to say his blackness means he's less likely to do bad things, merely that it doesn't mean he's more likely to engage in that particular variety of crime. In other words, when I read the title of the thread, I didn't immediately go "I bet it's a black criminal". My point was to express surprise and confusion that it seems a lot of posters did just that.

Maybe I'm missing something?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:03:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

See the knock-out game or "wilding out" for example.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:05:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Was he playing the knockout/polar bear hunting game? Either way, he deserves a beating.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:05:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Obama has relatives in England, so it seems.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

In England?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:06:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and I wouldn't have been surprised had he been white, like I said. What I meant was that I'm not trying to say his blackness means he's less likely to do bad things, merely that it doesn't mean he's more likely to engage in that particular variety of crime. In other words, when I read the title of the thread, I didn't immediately go "I bet it's a black criminal". My point was to express surprise and confusion that it seems a lot of posters did just that.

So you're claiming there is no pattern to race/ethnicity and certain types of crime?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:07:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
We must be tolerant.

Of random assaults or of criminals attacking their prey?

We ( evil oppressive white people who thruout all of human history have done nothing but oppress people of color ) must now be on the receiving end of 'getting even'.  That is what 'modern' racial apologists think.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:07:43 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FBI uniform crime report stats.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-3

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-6

The facts are what they are, uncomfortable as they may be.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:11:21 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm not saying this is what happened but in some major metropolitan areas it is a common occurrence for a woman to be attacked in such a manner when she refuses to stop or ignores a stranger on the street that is making advances at her.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:11:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:13:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I wouldn't have found it odd if it had happened in the US or been part of a group thing. If I had read that a group had attacked a random individual, I would have immediately thought of the phenomenon where black teens mob white folks. If it had been a group in England, I would have thought "paki bashing" by white kids, but I would have second guessed myself because as far as I know, group violence there comes in many colors.

It's just that, to me, one individual attacking a random girl in England doesn't paint a picture of race the same way that a mob attack in America does. I found it odd that it did for so many others.

eta: as for the part in red, I could have expressed myself more clearly. I was trying to specify an act that seemed devoid of motive and unrelated to any kind of pattern. To differentiate it from a common crime like a mugging or a group attack.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:13:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:14:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you're claiming there is no pattern to race/ethnicity and certain types of crime?

Absolutely not. Merely saying that this one didn't fit any pattern that I was aware of, and I was questioning why it did for others.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:16:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-3

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-6

I'm well aware of the fact that some ethnic groups are overrepresented in certain types of crime.

But these stats are irrelevent to england, and not specific to the situation.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:17:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

freind of mine was a victim of it 21 years ago.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:19:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely not. Merely saying that this one didn't fit any pattern that I was aware of, and I was questioning why it did for others.

Questioning GD's one sided opinions on racial matters?  

Go back to DU.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Questioning GD's one sided opinions on racial matters?  

Go back to DU.

I know, right?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:26:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Golly gee, what a shock!  

If Obama had a brother.......

He do. In Kenya.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:28:35 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Golly gee, what a shock!  

If Obama had a brother.......

He do. In Kenya.
fucker must be here on Holiday then

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:34:16 AM EDT
[#35]
they need to bring back the "strapedo" for guys like that.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm well aware of the fact that some ethnic groups are overrepresented in certain types of crime.

Well heres England.......

"What do we know about race and crime in London?

Nine out of 10 street crimes, knife crimes and gun crimes are committed by men rather than women.

Twelve per cent of London’s men are black. But 54 per cent of the street crimes committed by men in London, along with 46 per cent of the knife crimes and more than half of the gun crimes, are thought by the Metropolitan Police to have been committed by black men."
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:36:57 AM EDT
[#37]
tag for when they catch him, and then deteremine the dude is a fucking retard.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:39:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:40:53 AM EDT
[#39]
For those who think that blacks do not commit more than their share of crime in the UK:

http://warband.wordpress.com/the-colour-of-crime/
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:42:13 AM EDT
[#40]
what the Fuck

I hope they get this guy

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well heres England.......

"What do we know about race and crime in London?

Nine out of 10 street crimes, knife crimes and gun crimes are committed by men rather than women.

Twelve per cent of London’s men are black. But 54 per cent of the street crimes committed by men in London, along with 46 per cent of the knife crimes and more than half of the gun crimes, are thought by the Metropolitan Police to have been committed by black men."

I googled that stat too. And I was surprised that the numbers were so high. I expected black men to be over represented, but not to such a degree in London.

I guess for me it was the nature of the crime that made it stand out and why I didn't see it as likely to be part of any pattern. What really struck me when I saw the pic was the age of the criminal. He seemed really old for that sort of thing. I was expecting a very young man. That's the first thing that came to my mind.

eta: I guess if you're looking at it as "a crime" or "a violent street crime", it makes sense to expect the man to be black, since only 46% of crimes are committed by non-blacks. That 4% does make it more likely that he would be black. I was looking at it as a "special" and "odd" crime that, to me, didn't fit a race pattern.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:45:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Every one of us knew what we would see before we opened that link.

No surprise there.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:45:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

40 million black Americans - 12.3% of the population

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:50:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

40 million black Americans - 12.3% of the population

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/4f/Homicide_offending_by_race.jpg/250px-Homicide_offending_by_race.jpg

And they go to England to commit their crimes? I'm confused.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:50:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If you look at crime stats in the UK, the perperator of violence is overwhelmingly minority. It's not politically correct to actual mention facts because LIBERAL WHITE GUILT kicks in as evidenced by your post.

In June 2007 the Home Affairs Select Committee published a report on young black people and the criminal justice system of England and Wales. It said that young black people were over-represented at all stages of the criminal justice system

In June 2010 The Sunday Telegraph, through a Freedom of Information Act request, obtained statistics on accusations of crime broken down by race from the Metropolitan Police Service.[n 2] The figures showed that the majority of males who were accused of violent and sexual crimes (including those subsequently acquitted) in 2009–10 were black. Of the recorded 18,091 such accusations against males, 54 percent accused of street crimes were black; for robbery, 59 percent; for gun crimes, 67 percent; and for sexual offences, 32 percent.

In London in 2006, 75% of the victims of gun crime and 79% of the suspects were "from the African/Caribbean community."[29]

Mind you, only 2.7% of the UK population is Black yet they are responsible for majority of violent crimes.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:52:44 AM EDT
[#46]
He had something in his hand.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:52:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Every one of us knew what we would see before we opened that link.

No surprise there.

Nope. Not every one.

I'm not saying I'm not prejudiced or that I don't profile, but this one didn't set off my black dude radar. I pictured soccer hooligan, actually. Maybe I've read too many Richard Allen books.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:53:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

In the United Kindom, blacks comprise 2.7% of the population, but account for 8.0% of arrests and 13.7% of the prison population.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:55:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you look at crime stats in the UK, the perperator of violence is overwhelmingly minority. It's not politically correct to actual mention facts because LIBERAL WHITE GUILT kicks in as evidenced by your post.

In June 2007 the Home Affairs Select Committee published a report on young black people and the criminal justice system of England and Wales. It said that young black people were over-represented at all stages of the criminal justice system

In June 2010 The Sunday Telegraph, through a Freedom of Information Act request, obtained statistics on accusations of crime broken down by race from the Metropolitan Police Service.[n 2] The figures showed that the majority of males who were accused of violent and sexual crimes (including those subsequently acquitted) in 2009–10 were black. Of the recorded 18,091 such accusations against males, 54 percent accused of street crimes were black; for robbery, 59 percent; for gun crimes, 67 percent; and for sexual offences, 32 percent.

In London in 2006, 75% of the victims of gun crime and 79% of the suspects were "from the African/Caribbean community."[29]

Mind you, only 2.7% of the UK population is Black yet they are responsible for majority of violent crimes.

I've explained my thought process in other posts. Accusing me of liberal white guilt is lazy and insulting.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:57:07 AM EDT
[#50]
This is my shocked face
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top