Page / 8
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:06:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I love all the cop bashers on Arfcom...

CXS
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Great

A lot of the respect my authority types will become even more arrogant now.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:08:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Great

A lot of the respect my authority types will become even more arrogant now.

Why?

I miss your old Avatar already.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:13:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Another fine example of rights and freedom but only if it is folks they agree with.

What part of a pro gun victory is a pro gun victory is confusing some of you?

Explain how this is a victory for gun owners..

...in detail.

How is is not?  So far all I've read here is a bunch of pissing about how cops get to do something cool and the other 99.5% of the population got pushed aside in some nebulous and unfair way.  Then how that .5% is selfish for not doing the work of the other 99%.  

It looks like nothing more than jealousy and hurt feelings at this point.  If that shoe fits...GROW UP!

FWIW, if anyone hasn't had a clue until now, 218 has been FAR from an understood quantity in the LE community.  It has been far less clear than the CCW laws on the books of most states, so this is a big deal.  Additionally, it holds nobody back and in the process presents a case for nation wide concealed carry as a viable option.  What better than a bunch of trained and vetted individuals roaming the nation with guns to get the booger eaters and mouth breathers to feel comfortable with the idea of having armed individuals in public?

Seriously.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:16:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What about us lowly peasants?

<––- yep, no conceal and carry round these parts...

I hear ya, Towely.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:17:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So when does the push for civi national ccw come?

When we get off our collective asses and clean the House and Senate of all the liberty usurpers.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:17:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hear ya, Towely.

You guys need to secede from Chicago.  I say this as former Illinois resident, born and raised.  I miss my state but won't go back due to the stupidity of the gun laws.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:22:17 PM EDT
[#8]
This came about as the result of an officer fighting criminal charges, right?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:23:54 PM EDT
[#9]

And NEXT they remove the citizen's rights to CCW..
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:26:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I wonder how they define retired.  I wonder how many days one would have to be a cop before one can "retire".  I need to find myself a small town that needs a volunteer deputy for a short time for a minimal donation.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:27:59 PM EDT
[#11]
If this is from a federal law, does the CCW extend to federal property? Airports and airliners?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I will be sure to run 7 red lights in their honor.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:30:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

National carry for cops was an important first step for us!  Now, all we have to do is wait!

And wait, and wait, and wait...

I'm certain that police will be clamoring for our rights now that theirs are secure, right?

Right?

http://www.nyworms.com/images/groupcrickets.jpg

We'd have been better off to see HR 218 struck down.

I was with the FOP lobbying for 218.  What are you doing to get it passed for the "lowly peasants"?

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:32:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If this is from a federal law, does the CCW extend to federal property? Airports and airliners?

No, it is specifically excluded from those.

LE can still carry on airplanes if they have a letter from their chief stating they are on official business. It even applies to federal agents. Some FBI guys I know were denied carrying on the plane when they travelled for vacation. Lame.

You guys cry and moan all you want. It's like saying you don't care when a state gives the right back to citizens to CHL or to own class 3. If you don't care about everyone who is a gunslinger, you're a hypocrite. I thank every CHL I stop on a traffic stop, especially if they are carrying their weapon.

Doc

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

National carry for cops was an important first step for us!  Now, all we have to do is wait!

I'm certain that police will be clamoring for our rights now that theirs are secure, right?

Right?

I was with the FOP lobbying for 218.  What are you doing to get it passed for the "lowly peasants"?

Show me the bill/petition you wrote and I'll sign it.

Doc
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:38:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right?

He's going sit there like a stick in the mud waiting for some one to do his job for him.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:41:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone have a department I can be hired by as an officer, for no salary and no benefits, and then retire from without having my benefits vest?  I would think that department could run a little revenue boost by charging for the paperwork and background checks.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Its good for you Bama...almost useless for us peasantry.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:44:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LE can still carry on airplanes if they have a letter from their chief stating they are on official business. It even applies to federal agents. Some FBI guys I know were denied carrying on the plane when they travelled for vacation. Lame.

You guys cry and moan all you want. It's like saying you don't care when a state gives the right back to citizens to CHL or to own class 3. If you don't care about everyone who is a gunslinger, you're a hypocrite. I thank every CHL I stop on a traffic stop, especially if they are carrying their weapon.

Doc

The above should absolutely not happen, unless they are traveling to foreign lands on vacation.  FED Agents are allowed to carry on planes per Title 49.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:46:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doc

The above should absolutely not happen, unless they are traveling to foreign lands on vacation.  FED Agents are allowed to carry on planes per Title 49.

It did and does. First hand information, not a brother of a friend story.

Doc
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:48:20 PM EDT
[#21]
If you bitch about this law passing you're an immature self centered dumb fuck.  This is a good thing for our country's security no matter how you look at it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:49:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

CXS

Oh really, you can't at all comprehend how we would have issues with this "superior citizen" bullshit?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:53:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:54:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:55:49 PM EDT
[#25]
So we just need to find a friendly Sherriff somewhere to make us all reserve Deputies and then we have nationwide carry that isn't restricted by state law (such as school zones, etc.).

Gotta be someone out there willing to take this on.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:57:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Anyone have a department I can be hired by as an officer, for no salary and no benefits, and then retire from without having my benefits vest?  I would think that department could run a little revenue boost by charging for the paperwork and background checks.

You can join Obama's special police as soon as they are up and running.... along with the majority of current LEO's...Since paying taxes is now patriotic...I am sure that being special police will be a volunteer "Force"...
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:57:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Now... if we could just get rid of the "some of us are more equal than others" attitude.
Its funny because all the boosters for the LEOSA curried support of the rank and file gunowners by selling this as a "small step" towards everyone being able to carry.  After it was passed can you guess what happened?

Incorporation can't happen soon enough.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:57:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:58:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:59:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If you wanna become a cop-become a cop.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:00:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So...this means that a cop from another state can carry in DC right?

how about NYC?

Both.

Wait till some dipshit still tries to charge you with carrying a concealed firearm.  Of course, I wouldn't mind, since it would be like winning the lottery afterwards.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:01:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

CXS

Oh really, you can't at all comprehend how we would have issues with this "superior citizen" bullshit?

I seemed to have missed the post where someone is claiming to be a superior citizen.  

Maybe I'm wrong but see more of an "us vs them" attitude from the cop bashers than anyone here on ARFCOM.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:03:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:If you bitch about this law passing you're an immature self centered dumb fuck.

Interesting analysis.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:04:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So...this means that a cop from another state can carry in DC right?

how about NYC?

Both.

And because of this, I think this is great news for CC for everyone.  The more positive encounters that happen between police and armed citizens, including out of jurisdiction LE, will help calm the nerves of people who are nervous about "blood in the streets"

It also helps desensitize the sheep to seeing non-uniformed people with guns.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:05:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:06:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Wonder if us civis will ever get our national carry, probably not cause we are not as capable
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If you bitch about this law passing you're an immature self centered dumb fuck.  This is a good thing for our country's security no matter how you look at it.

Excellent point.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:08:41 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Good.

Now it's my turn.

Seriously.  However, some are more equal than others.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Many states, Pennsylvania included haven't conformed to the requirements for retirees.  As of now, Governor Rendell and his cronies are sitting on their hands more or less not moving on the qualification specifications that the retirees have to meet each year and the specifics of the ID.  It's not like the battle is over yet for the cops.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:10:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Im all for a national CCW law.  As long as those people have a college education, can make it through a physically challenging 12 week citizens academy, then pass a national re-qual four times a year.  Not to mention several interview boards and an extensive background check and a 16 week citizen's FTO program.

After all, this is some of what I went through in order to carry my gun.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:11:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doc

It did and does. First hand information, not a brother of a friend story.

Doc

I know it does, but it shouldn't.  It's happened to FAMs before too, but that usually doesn't turn out to good for the airlines.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Anybody got enough land to become Arfcomville and deputize a few thousand?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:12:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Yay! Special rights for special people!
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#45]
What wrong with giving more rights to one group than another?
It's what the founders whould have wanted.

An American Samurai class,sign me up
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:14:29 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Im all for a national CCW law. As long as those people have a college education, can make it through a physically challenging 12 week citizens academy, then pass a national re-qual four times a year. Not to mention several interview boards and an extensive background check and a 16 week citizens FTO program.

Do you want a cookie or something?

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Back in your place, be silent, and obey. The Overlords have spoken.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Im all for a national CCW law.  As long as those people have a college education, can make it through a physically challenging 12 week citizens academy, then pass a national re-qual four times a year.  Not to mention several interview boards and an extensive background check and a 16 week citizen's FTO program.

Yea, fuck the Constitution!
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:15:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yay! Special rights for special people!

Thanks!  My mom thinks I'm special too!
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:16:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Im all for a national CCW law.  As long as those people have a college education, can make it through a physically challenging 12 week citizens academy, then pass a national re-qual four times a year.  Not to mention several interview boards and an extensive background check and a 16 week citizens FTO program.

Whoa there PP;  I'm a veteran LEO myself, we went through all that to learn a hell of a lot more than just how to carry a gun concealed.
What does a college education have to do with self defense?  Do you think every soldier in Iraq has a Criminal Justice Degree?  Who would administer these interview boards you speak of, what would be the deal breaker regarding the background check?
CCW should be no more challenging than getting a driver's license IMHO.  
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top