Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 7:00:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Forensic evidence is one thing, but linking someone completely unknown to the victim is another matter. That's why serial killers are so hard to catch.  With new technologies and DNA databases to support them, it might be more difficult to remain at large in the near future.  The main problem I see is conscience.  

Weapons?  Take your pick.  Try and get ballistics from a 12 gauge or a 22lr.  Stand off a bit and you leave no trace evidence at the scene save the bullet.  Worried about ballistics on your firearm?  Change the barrel and bolt or slide and barrel.  Run a stainless steel brush down the bore.

The only thing you have to worry about is God.  He doesn't need a forensics lab...
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 7:12:24 AM EDT
[#2]
All this reminded me of a Cops? episode where they were a undercover cops was going to bust a woman who wanted her husband wacked. So the UC shows up with a written contract for her to fill out, with exactly what she wanted done, how much etc. she fills it out with her name & address and signs it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 7:41:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree with RN45. I once read that 1/3 of all the murders in this country go unsolved. The people who seem to get caught either know the victim, or else they are just very stupid. If I was a cop with inside info about the dirt on the streets I would be very tempted to clean up
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:31:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Forensic evidence is one thing, but linking someone completely unknown to the victim is another matter. That's why serial killers are so hard to catch.  With new technologies and DNA databases to support them, it might be more difficult to remain at large in the near future.  The main problem I see is conscience.  

Weapons?  Take your pick.  Try and get ballistics from a 12 gauge or a 22lr.  Stand off a bit and you leave no trace evidence at the scene save the bullet.  Worried about ballistics on your firearm?  Change the barrel and bolt or slide and barrel.  Run a stainless steel brush down the bore.

The only thing you have to worry about is God.  He doesn't need a forensics lab...

Even hit men get caught.  There was one case here where a elderly jogger saw two men sitting in a car on the side of the road one day.  He thought it was odd so he wrote the plate number down.  Weeks later there was a murder and the cops did a cold search of the neighborhood asking if people saw anything odd.  The old man pulls out the license plate number he saw one day, several weeks ago and thanks to that plate number, two Hells Angels are serving time for contract killing.

BTW Why is everyone so obsessed with worrying about ballistic evidence?, you do realize there are a ton of other things that can screw you over.  Even something like an acorn can be used as evidence in your prosecution.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:37:29 AM EDT
[#5]
no
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Yup, I think some of you guys watch too much CSI.  Broke-dick police depts. can’t afford million dollar crime labs and experienced PhDs to staff them.  And there are no super-duper lab. machines that can analyze a skin flake/hair fiber and in 5 seconds print out a photograph, address and list of hobbies of the perp.  

Those shows crack me up.  When searching the crime scene they are always finding a RARE speck of dirt that is native to only one neighborhood in the world, or a RARE fiber sample that is only used by one clothing designer for a limited edition t-shirt (only 50 ever made!).

Until there is some national DNA database, what are they going to match the sample with?  Assuming you have lived a relatively clean life, no one is going to have your DNA or fingerprints on file.  The key is to not get caught doing something else stupid like robbing a car or getting a DUI.

If you’re going to be a hitman, be ‘invisible’.  Be a ‘normal’ guy with a ‘normal’ occupation and you’ll fall under the radar.  Don’t do anything stupid that would get you arrested and get your info (picture, prints, etc.) on file.

And as far as ballistics, same story, don’t get caught with the weapon.  And don’t use anything too exotic that would be traceable.   Biggest remaining problem is witnesses.

Me, I can’t do it, I probably already have my fingerprints on file with several agencies.

Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:06:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I saw a case on tv where the hitman used the ideas from that book, & they linked the book ownership, & the little clues left behind, & caught all the people involved. It was a case that seemed impossible to break but the minute amount of evadence, was enough to send them all to prison for life.

IIRC, it happened several years ago (over 10?)  It happened in Fountain Valley, CA.  A woman who was out for a walk was shot for no appearant reason.  Later they caught the guy, who killed the wrong person.  The dead woman's family sued Paladin Press as an accessory.  Paladin's insurance forced them to settle the suit and the book went out of print.  I heard on a radio interview with the publisher that the book was in fact written by a woman.  No info on if she's real or not (I like to think she's like Kathleen Turner in "Prizzi's Honor", before she became all wrinkly)
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:10:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:20:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
No women:
No kids.
Jay

"Thees ees frohm Mahteeldah"...kaWHOOM!!!

Without a doubt, Leon is the best hitman to ever play the silver screen. He also was "The Cleaner" in the original subtitled version of La Femme Nikita.

(I knew when Natalie Portman played Matilda in "The Professional" that she was going to grow up to be a major BOTD!)
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No women:
No kids.
Jay

"Thees ees frohm Mahteeldah"...kaWHOOM!!!

Without a doubt, Leon is the best hitman to ever play the silver screen. He also was "The Cleaner" in the original subtitled version of La Femme Nikita.

(I knew when Natalie Portman played Matilda in "The Professional" that she was going to grow up to be a major BOTD!)

Look up 'precocious' in the dictionary and you'll find a picture of her from that movie.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:37:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Maybe if....
I didn't like the person either
they had it coming
it paid lots of cash
it was legal (only for me)
no one would ever know it was me
no one would ever try to wack me in return
I had the most awesome rifle

then maybe... just maybe.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:44:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Hitman Contracts is a great game to try out it may be a video game but it lets you pick the way you approach the client  its worth checking out

ETA:if some of you guys play video games
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:50:02 PM EDT
[#13]
  I happen to know for a FACT that thare are a few hitmen that frequent this board...
  They are easy to spot, they are always saying.........  I'de HIT it.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:52:18 PM EDT
[#14]
The case I'm talking about was in Kali also, but it was a child on life support, & his live in nurse that were murdered. The hit man used the book, & a file was found in the yard, & a few other similar clues. I don't remember how they established a link to the killer for sure but it all revolved around a family member suspect, & his phone records. It was a 3 way link that neted the killer, the payer, & a go between all busted after several months of wire taps & sevailence. I think the book was purchased by a friend or relative of the one who hired the hit done. I think it was for insurance, or maybe to stop chikd support.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:56:08 PM EDT
[#15]
about that book you were talking about before any ideas where to obtain it? not for the purpose of doing a hit i looked it up no hits sounds like a good read though
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:20:50 PM EDT
[#16]
In my younger days, maybe. Not now though, I couldn't pull the trigger in cold blood on anyone unless I knew they really deserved it. Even then it would be rough. I guess as I have aged I have not ony gotten grumpier but I have become more justice oriented. No, not the "justice" everyone blathers about now days on tv etc. but real justice, and without the real truth justice is impossible to deal out.
But then again I would have no qualms about pulling the trigger once I knew someone deserved it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:50:23 PM EDT
[#17]
In the video game Hitman are you supposed to kill some big, fat Jabba-looking dude?
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#18]
If I had nothing to lose.... maybe.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:22:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Only if the "mark" was a scumbag who had a high probability of victomizing others (repeat offender).  

I'd do it, sure no problem, pay me first though!
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:40:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Sure I could do it. I'd just want to be able to refuse a hit if I wanted too.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:45:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Wouldn't ever do it but I'd have made a hell of a hit man. I could probably come up with 1000 ways to kill someone. Military, weapons, explosives, drugs, plants, chem/bio.

Glad I decided to do something productive with my life.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:58:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Yes to the diserving.

Women, would depends on what they did and if they have children.

Definatly No children.  Little kids are to young to have done anything.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top