Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:52:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Take it as you will, I am being honest!  I am not posting to tell people what they want to hear, just the truth. Funny how people pick out the little parts they don't like and bash them, yet do not address nearly the whole topic!

snip.

HERE IS WHAT YOU ENJOY FOCUSING ATTENTION ON::::   Should a working cop cite an off duty cop?  Yeah if it is something real bad, then the off duty cop should be reported (if it is something bad).  But a traffic ticket???   If you guys don't know that it is wrong for an egomaniac on duty cop to cite another off cuty cop, they you are messed up in the head!    If you are a cop that cites other cops, knowing they are a cop,  Fine, that is your business.  I think it to be wrong for many reasons.   IF AN OFF DUTY COP IS FLAUNTING AUTHORITY AND BEING A JERK WITH AN ATTITUDE, BY ALL MEANS ISSUE THE CITE.

1. I didn't pick out any parts, I bashed your whole thread.
2. Being a cop may be a tie breaker where discretion is appropriate, but it sure as hell isn't a free pass.
3. If you came across with the same attitude on the side of the road as you did in the OP, you would probably get written more often than not.
4. Police officers should never act unprofessionally, or rude, but after the OP, I am suspect as to where the real problem lies.
5. Go ahead, tell us which "peddly" law, combined with your "tattoos and hard looks," got your ego disturbed.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:56:27 AM EDT
[#2]
So are you saying that citizens don't deserve a free pass either?   If I can cut a citizen a break, I can surely cut a cop a break!  To think otherwise is rediculous!   Do you cite all citizens?  Are you that much of a mean guy?  Are you a revenue generator?  Cops should not be revenue generators for their jurisdictions.  That should be a crime!     HEY BIG GUY, You go out there and issue citations to honest, already tax paying working Americans who are polite to you.  If that is how you find job satisfaction, then there is something wrong with you!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:08:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So are you saying that citizens don't deserve a free pass either?   If I can cut a citizen a break, I can surely cut a cop a break!  To think otherwise is rediculous!   Do you cite all citizens?  Are you that much of a mean guy?  Are you a revenue generator?  Cops should not be revenue generators for their jurisdictions.  That should be a crime!     HEY BIG GUY, You go out there and issue citations to honest, already tax paying working Americans who are polite to you.  If that is how you find job satisfaction, then there is something wrong with you!

No, don't add anything to what I said. I said that "where discretion is appropriate" then a cop can slide. I write more warnings than tickets, so I can certainly give the police a break. I don't get any joy out of writing cops, but I have done it. My thing is, don't put me in that position and it will never be an issue. Like my previous post, I don't mind an officer letting me know that he is the police, but don't just go around thinking that you are above the law.

If your post was meant to say that cops should act in a professional manner, and not abuse the public, then I agree with that. I agree that many issues can be corrected by simply educating the people. The problem with your post is that if it reflects the way that you behaved on the road, then your attitude is the one that's wrong.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:14:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Just stop.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:19:28 PM EDT
[#5]
For the sake of intelligent conversation, I can see your point.  I see how you have interpreted my post.  I will tell you this, I do not beleive for a moment that I am above the law.  I know I am not, and know that no one else is.  It pisses me off when politicians and hollywood actors get preffered treatment.   I also do not beleive that not citing a cop for an infraction traffic violation has anything to do with being above the law.  I extend the same courtesy to eveyone!!   But in another respect, I do not agree with sending another officer into the traffic courtroom and exposing his/her personal information or privacy to the general public.  That present a potential officer safety issue for the officer and his/her family!

I agree you should not be put into that position in the first place, but lets face it, most people are not strict followers of traffic laws.  Some cops won't cite for speed unless someone is 20 mph over the limit.  So everyone sho is below that is safe with that one cop, yet another cop may stop and cite for 5 mph over the limit.  My point being that it is petty to cite anyone for a chicken scratch infraction and issue a cite (unless they refuse to recognize).

Not saying it can't be done, I just say it is in poor taste!  So, yes, citing another cop is wrong to me as it would be citing a citizen for some BS infraction that is not even a crime.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:20:27 PM EDT
[#6]
"IF AN OFF DUTY COP IS FLAUNTING AUTHORITY AND BEING A JERK WITH AN ATTITUDE, BY ALL MEANS ISSUE THE CITE."

As the song goes, "Here's your sign."

I'm experiencing a huge burden of concern regarding the veracity of OP's posts.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:23:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For the sake of intelligent conversation, I can see your point.  I see how you have interpreted my post.  I will tell you this, I do not beleive for a moment that I am above the law.  I know I am not, and know that no one else is.  It pisses me off when politicians and hollywood actors get preffered treatment.   I also do not beleive that not citing a cop for an infraction traffic violation has anything to do with being above the law.  I extend the same courtesy to eveyone!!   But in another respect, I do not agree with sending another officer into the traffic courtroom and exposing his/her personal information or privacy to the general public. That present a potential officer safety issue for the officer and his/her family!I agree you should not be put into that position in the first place, but lets face it, most people are not strict followers of traffic laws.  Some cops won't cite for speed unless someone is 20 mph over the limit.  So everyone sho is below that is safe with that one cop, yet another cop may stop and cite for 5 mph over the limit.  My point being that it is petty to cite anyone for a chicken scratch infraction and issue a cite (unless they refuse to recognize).

Not saying it can't be done, I just say it is in poor taste!  So, yes, citing another cop is wrong to me as it would be citing a citizen for some BS infraction that is not even a crime.

WOW.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:47:26 PM EDT
[#8]
The majority of the folks here on these forums are obviously posers.  I have no interest in any of this garbage anymore.  Most of the cops here are apparently 'Tough Guys' who subscribe to some idea that everyone is a LAW BREAKER.  Weird.

I only hope that when the Federal Governement starts encroaching on the civil liberties and constitutional rights of American citizens, that you COPS won't fold over and enforce the laws that go against the grain of the constitution.  I know many of you will out of Fear of losing your job and losing income.  I will be the cop on the other side who refuses to follow laws or orders that will violate anyones constitutional rights.  I took that Oath!!!  That is why I am an Oath Keeper and Guardian of the Republic.

All you Big Government Law Enforcers can Kiss my Donkey!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:50:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Nvm. It's like watching two retards trying to fuck a goat in a dumpster. I'll just sit back and watch.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:52:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I think one thread is enough..
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top