Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:08:30 PM EDT
[#1]
You anti-LEO's are fucking sad.  I really need to try not to open these damn threads anymore.  All they do is piss me off.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:30:09 PM EDT
[#2]
IBT "some pigs are more equal than others"  

I hear many instances on the scanner when one unit asks for another to Nextel or call their cell phone, maybe the general public and LEO magically become safer drivers when they cross city/county/state lines outside of certain jurisdictions

Just like CCW, it all depends on the individual and the circumstances.  Some people are unfit to chew gum and drive at the same time, others can use a cell or radio (both distractions) to execute their duties (or change to better music) in a safe manner.  There are probably some examples of each category with badges in every part of the country.  

Maybe its where I live, dumb luck, or basic statistics - in 15 years of driving I've never had to execute emergency evasive maneuvers for a marked LE, fire, or ambulance.  But have done so many times for ordinary vehicles with and without cell phones.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:04:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He may not be breaking the law but how many people have been killed by high speed cop antics?

So, how many people have died from these cop antics?  

Stick to airsoft bashing threads.  

still waiting..........
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:16:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Every time I go to Berkeley (yea, that place) I see at least two officers approach a red traffic light, turn on their lights and strobe to turn the light green (while still rolling) and accelerate through the intersection and turn off all lights. On several occasions I've seen where they were in such a hurry to get to - usually McDonalds.

Freaking dicks over there.

Edited to clarify.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:27:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
cops are allowed to speed because they need to cover alot of ground on their shift. They need to speed to get places faster to catch those speeders!

AND get the fresh dognuts.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:30:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
cops are allowed to speed because they need to cover alot of ground on their shift. They need to speed to get places faster to catch those speeders!

AND get the fresh dognuts.

you into dog nuts?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:40:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Got to put 2 more cents in. most, if not all LEO'S have to complete an EVOK course. This includes many hazards, distractions and obstacles while driving. So the average cop IS a better driver then most professionals/amatures on the roadways.
    The only time I HATE seeing a phone in an ear, razor against face, putting make-up on, while driving. Is when I'm on 2 wheels. I've been hit by a cage before. We're hard enough to see when you don't have any distractions, let alone talking on the phone.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top