Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 8:48:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Shotar, that's nonsense.

Watch the video.  Anyone with sense can see that the officers were negligent, and had to remedy that negligence by firing their weapons.
Not good.
If dogs are considered a possible danger, why not close the car door, and eliminate the threat?
I'll tell you why.
Because the cop was A MORON.
Watch the video, listen to the audio.

Link Posted: 1/11/2003 8:48:34 AM EDT
[#2]
luckily it wasn't a HUMAN shot by the dipshit, this guy is threat to public safety
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 8:51:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 8:54:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 8:56:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
[b]"If you could have felt what I felt after the whole incident was over," he said, "I thought, 'Oh, my goodness, how unfortunate for that family.'"[/b]
View Quote

Yeah, how "unfortunate". Wouldn't it be great if we can use this POS to further our research of the .223's fragmentation effectiveness inside human tissue? He can even tell us just how he felt during and after, too.

What a piece of garbage.
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 9:00:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
it kept advancing and barking in an aggressive manner.
View Quote

And he defended himself.  What is an officer supposed to do?  Let himself be attacked by an animal?  The officers had to cover the felony suspects, so putting away their weapons to pull-out mace, like some of you suggested, is not an option.  I expect a lot of law-enforcement officers and I'm often very critical of them, but putting themselves in harm's way to keep from damaging someone's property is going over the line.  At the scene, they didn't know there wasn't a robbery.  They were given bad information.  They can only act on what they know.z
View Quote

It was a small dog, no bigger than a Sheltie! There were several officers there, it's not like the guy was alone against a German Shephard! He made NO attempt to use non-lethal force at all. He had enough time to kick the dog at least once. That piece of garbage chose to shoot because he's a jack booted [b]thug[/b] that needs to be publicly hung as an example to any other JBTs to never do that again.
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 9:01:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Ok, lets leave the whole dog murdering coward incident out of this for a minute. This whole thing, from the bullshit call to the stop and overreaction of the security guards, is as big a problem as the dog murderer.
The biggest problem with LEO's today is they fail to verify their information BEFORE they react to situations. You would think that at some point during the forced humiliation of this family that at least one of the security guards would have figured out that this was not a robbery/carjacking situation. They get their JBT training and toys and are just itchin to use them.
Felony stops should be used ONLY when warranted and this was not warranted. Neither was doing felony stops on those poor subjects in the DC area just because they had the misfortune to be driving a white van.
Protect and serve.... Where the hell did that go ??? whether you LEO's like it or not, thats what you are hired to do. You are not the military, so quit acting like you are. You need to remember, you work FOR US and right now, your employers are tired of your heavy handed tactics.

**edited to ask a question**
Just a question for you LEO types.....What would happen to some poor slob citizen if they were to shoot a police dog by accident...say in a no knock raid at the wrong house ???? hmmmmm????
I recall that LEO's consider their dogs to be just like them in these situations.
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 9:01:29 AM EDT
[#8]
IBTL!
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 9:02:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
real simple, yeah he should have closed the door.  No explanation why he didn't but he didn't.  
View Quote

Not so fast...

There's a very obvious and inescapable explanation for why he didn't close the door:

[size=4][b]Incompetence.[/b][/size=4]

He then solves the problem created by his incompetence...

...by shooting a family's pet, before their very eyes.

He should be fired.

Link Posted: 1/11/2003 9:05:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I wasn't as upset last night as I am this morning- This may be somewhat of a rehash, but I need to vent about this:
 I'm sorry, but kill MY dog, and I would be needing a good criminal defense atty (as opposed to civil atty).  Cop or not, that motherflucker did the wrong thing, and he knows it.  

If I had no sympathy for the emotional attachment to family pets, I would still be concerned, due to the fact that this cop is obviously one sadistic bastard of a loose cannon, with an itchy trigger finger to boot.  

What's he going to do the next time someone's child runs out of a car with a lego toy during a felony stop?  I can just see it now [b]"the suspect had some sort of weapon-shaped aparatus in his hand, and he was coming right for me...I shouted for him to stop, and he kept coming...what happened after that was unfortunate."[/b]

A smart course of action for that TN dept: fire this bastard, or at least make him a desk jockey; he's more of a threat to the public safety that he has sworn to 'protect and serve' than some of the criminals.

Send emails to the mayor, the dept. and the officer involved, but keep them civil and tasteful, please.  There's no sense becoming the beast ourselves, but let them know what you think.
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 9:06:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
real simple, yeah he should have closed the door.  No explanation why he didn't but he didn't.  Point two, no human was shot and supposing one would have been is just speculation and really reaching.  Last point, Dogs do not qualify for protection on the use of force continuum and only a moron lays down a shotgun at a scene to reach for mace.
View Quote

Only a moron WOULD have to lay down the shotgun Let me just guess YOU ARE A LEO right So that ends this. The THIN BLUE LINE HUH?[rolleyes][stick]
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 9:08:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 9:08:08 AM EDT
[#13]
why did the highway patrol cops not seem scared of the dog and the podunk police in the fatigues go nuts? watch the video the patrolman standing next to the door the dog jumped from never appeared to even flinch until rambo freaked.
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 9:12:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Incompetence is really a training problem, either he needs additional training or should be fired.  Its not really for us to say...
View Quote

Yes, it actually IS "for us to say".
His superiors have already demonstrated that they send "incompetent" officers out into OUR world, armed.
Training is whose responsibility?
Whose responsibility is it to determine whether or not an officer is "competent" enough to be on the street?

Sounds like a leadership problem, as well.

In the Marines, if one of my men did something really stupid, IT WAS MY FAULT.
DUIs, bounced checks, spousal abuse, you name it...

...my fault.

Link Posted: 1/11/2003 9:12:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 9:13:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just a question for you LEO types.....What would happen to some poor slob citizen if they were to shoot a police dog by accident...say in a no knock raid at the wrong house ???? hmmmmm????
I recall that LEO's consider their dogs to be just like them in these situations.
View Quote

Good point Spectre!! And on top of that you get extra time in the slammer if you shoot a police dog.

There's one thing I agree with the cops though, and that is that I consider my dog to be just as part of the family as any human member of my family and I would use the same force to protect him. Maybe even more so.

I really really really hate dog killers.
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 9:15:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Accountability.

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 9:16:27 AM EDT
[#18]
i'm really getting the post count up on this one!
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 9:16:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I just find it hard to equate the value of the dog with a person and will not seek to ruin a guy's career over what is really an unfortunate incident.
View Quote

Soooooo, that applies to police dogs as well, right ??
and btw, he ruined his own career.
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 9:18:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 9:19:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just find it hard to equate the value of the dog with a person and will not seek to ruin a guy's career over what is really an unfortunate incident.  
View Quote

I've said my peace before, so I'll not rehash it here. But just remember. What is merely "property" to you, and with lack of any real value, might be far more to someone else.

Accountability.
View Quote

That is a very true fact I have 2 Shepards and would defend them as I would any member of my family [even the inlaws] pretty sad that you are so hard to the fact that they are ONLY dogs Only my dogs would lay down their LIFE for me or MY family. But under the law bla bla bla Fu@$@#@ bla  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 9:20:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Oh yea IBTL
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 9:23:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Now you're just being silly.

Your hyperbole is foolish, it makes no rational point.

You equate people from outside the jurisdiction of the incident expressing an opinion about it, with an oppressive Police State.

Neat trick, accusing the critics of JBT-like Cops of supporting JBT-like Cops.

Disingenous, however.
Shame on you.
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 9:28:34 AM EDT
[#24]
In my opinion officer needs to find a new
line of work. Just this morning strange dog
was seen in my yard. Large Doberman Male,
went outside evaluated situation.Talked nicley
to same,hooked him to my dogs chain & called
Vets number on Rabies Tag got Owners # called
same. Owner drives over & picks him up.The officers judgement is in question.He needs help and he should pay to make it right.The dog was
a victim.Different officer attitude different
outcome.We need Peace Officers not this.
My .02 Cents    
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 9:30:49 AM EDT
[#25]
You took a big chance.
The safer thing to have done would have been to shoot the dog.

Some here, would have apparently praised you for such actions (trespassing+possible danger=shoot).

Instead, you returned a lost dog to it's grateful owners.
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 9:33:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You took a big chance.
The safer thing to have done would have been to shoot the dog.

View Quote

Close but you should have waited for the owner handcuffed him face down put your boot on his neck then shot the beast [shock]
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 9:43:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 9:49:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This is just silly.  We now have people threatening to kill people over dogs.  BTW, I'm the guy who jumped into lake Erie to save a drwoning beagle puppy, full duty gear and all.  You know how long it takes to clean Lake Erie out of a colt and vest?  yes dogs are nice companions and pets.  Sure we become attatched to them but I was taught one simple rule.  All people come before all animals or things.  As I said, this is really getting silly.  What about the rights of Deer not to be hunted while simply going about their business and trying to procreate?
View Quote

So how about my "silly" question regarding the differences between joe citizens plain old mutt and a galant police dog ??
There are people in jail right now for doing harm to police dogs....police dogs get full department honors when buried etc...etc...
why the double standard ??
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 9:57:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 11:12:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This is just silly.  We now have people threatening to kill people over dogs.  BTW, I'm the guy who jumped into lake Erie to save a drwoning beagle puppy, full duty gear and all.  You know how long it takes to clean Lake Erie out of a colt and vest?  yes dogs are nice companions and pets.  Sure we become attatched to them but I was taught one simple rule.  All people come before all animals or things.  As I said, this is really getting silly.  What about the rights of Deer not to be hunted while simply going about their business and trying to procreate?
View Quote

If you are trying to quote me then get it right I said defend I won't try to explain this anymore Have a good day
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 4:56:20 PM EDT
[#32]
The man told them to shut the door so his dog wouldnt jump out. Ass holes didn't listen. That grown man couldn't handle that little dog without a gun? If he over reacts with deadly force on a little dog I'd hate to get pulled over by mr. jumpy.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top