it's neither evil or bad, it's fucking stupid, huge difference
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:24:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Congratulations, you got the attention you were looking for.

I was looking for attention?

What you're saying is since I'm not 21, I don't have a right to defend myself?

[sarcasm] That's cool, I'll keep that in mind next time I'm deployed, defending you're freedom. [/sarcasm]

Yes you were looking for attention, like all people who OC are.. If you were truly concerned with defending yourself you would of had the sense to conceal it and not give away that you had a gun on you..

That is your opinion.  And it is wrong.

Yea. Except that i CC everyday, and i've never been hassled by the police.... So I guess I am the one that is wrong.. What purpose does OC server that carrying concealed doesn't.. What advantage do you have defensively when carrying open instead of concealed?

Im glad we agree.
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:24:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#4]
holy fuck.   hey anti-oc people, get a life.  you are the problem more so than liberals.  in fact, unless you have anything useful to say that doesnt include baseless bullshit about "wanting attention? you got it" and "youre an idiot for oc'ing" you should go sit in the fucking corner and let the adults talk.
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:25:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you not expect that to happen?

Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:25:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Pics of wife
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:25:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What were you carrying ?   What type of set up ?

I have a shitty piece of shit sigma, in a blackhawk serpa holster on my strong side, and a spare mag on weak side.

The only reason it's a sigma is because I had to buy FTF, seeing as I'm not 21, and cannot buy a pistol from an FFL or

GET A CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT

Some people here can't fucking read.

Ok so not 21 yet, carrying one of the worst handguns ever made, carrying it OC... Now it's even more obvious you are an attention whore and not serious about defending yourself.
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:25:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Since when is having a holstered weapon considered "brandishing"?

Never.

Sounds like Deputy Donuts was flexing his badge for the benefit of the patrons and establishing his inherent superiority to everyone else in the vicinity who didn't have a sweet-ass costume like his.

He felt good about himself, he went home safely, his buddies applauded his bravery, the patrons were all very impressed with his knowledge of the law, and he kept the children of the world safe with his decisive action.

It sounds like he was just checking the original poster out and then gave him some well-intentioned, if likely incorrect, advice.
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd expect that kind of bullshit in illannoys, but I thought KY was a "free state"?
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:26:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:26:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What purpose does OC server that carrying concealed doesn't..

What practical purpose does a semi automatic rifle serve that a bolt or lever action rifle can't accomplish?

What practical purpose does 30 round mags serve that a 15 round mag doesn't?

Shall we continue to play this game?
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:26:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Pics of wife

Page 2.  You are slipping, arfcom.
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:26:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I open carry regularly, because sometimes I don't feel like having to conceal.  It is legal where I live, and I have never had a problem.  hell, I've open carried with 2 other individuals that were as well.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:27:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
nothin pisses me off more than morons who OC, worse if it's a pimply cupcake like this, fuckin morons

Nothing pisses me off more than morons who claim to support the second amendment yet criticize others for  exercising that very right.

Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:27:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, people who open carry are all attention whores.

Go sit in the corner..

Yes they are all attention whores. Give me a single good reason to OC verses concealed carry. Or better yet name me one of the known instructors who say for defensive purposes you should OC..

comfort,speed, less chance of fumbling with gear, abilty to carry a larger sidearm...

every class i have attended with the exception of one started drills from an open carry. there are good and bad points for any style of carry.

In the sake of honesty, every class I've been to is the same.  However, the REASON is mainly because students never have decent holsters and it's a safety issue.
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:27:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I realize you are young but you should already know the answers to the questions you asked before you decided to carry a gun in public.

You also need to realize that if you are in an environment that only you have an exposed weapon you will be the center of attention.

Get pepperoni, with jalapenos and pineapple next time.

Skip the pineapple.  Trust me.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
nothin pisses me off more than morons who OC, worse if it's a pimply cupcake like this, fuckin morons

Nothing pisses me off more than morons who claim to support the second amendment yet criticize others for  exercising that very right.

Amen
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:28:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I agree cops are morans.....

Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#19]
The Sigma is an unmitigated piece of shit.  Get a better pistol, OP.
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:28:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a shitty piece of shit sigma, in a blackhawk serpa holster on my strong side, and a spare mag on weak side.

The only reason it's a sigma is because I had to buy FTF, seeing as I'm not 21, and cannot buy a pistol from an FFL or

Ok so not 21 yet, carrying one of the worst handguns ever made, carrying it OC... Now it's even more obvious you are an attention whore and not serious about defending yourself.

It's difficult to find high end pistols from civilian sellers who are willing to sell to someone under 21.

And just in case the red didn't help, if I want to carry it has to be open carry for another 3 months. I know this is hard to comprehend but if you try real hard, you'll get there.
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go sit in the corner..

Yes they are all attention whores. Give me a single good reason to OC verses concealed carry. Or better yet name me one of the known instructors who say for defensive purposes you should OC..

Its the OPs only legal means to carry an effective defensive weapon.
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Snap, yo!

Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#23]
You can legally OC before you turn 21?
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:28:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

All I simply asked was what you were carrying and what type of set up.  You do not have to be rude to me in your response.
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because people here are giving it to him.

It doesn't sound like he was looking for attention, and it doesn't sound like the officer did anything more than give him some friendly advice.

Officer lardass wasn't trying to be friendly.

Were you there?

Nothing in the post indicated that he was anything but friendly.

He wasn't giving "friendly advice" when the advice he gave was totally fucking wrong.  

A) OC is 100% legal in KY.

B) Since he's not 21, he can't possibly get a concealed carry permit in this state and at no point in the training is there any mention of open carry "brandishing".

C) Open Carry is not the same as "brandishing", which officer fatass accused him of.

Was he friendly in his demeanor?  Who knows, but the advice wasn't friendly.
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

comfort,speed, less chance of fumbling with gear, abilty to carry a larger sidearm...

every class i have attended with the exception of one started drills from an open carry. there are good and bad points for any style of carry.

I don't OC, but this is a big one for me. I'm a thin guy and guns just don't conceal on me so well. I'd like to OC someday, but I'd rather not subject myself to what the OP is now getting, frankly. Some people just aren't ready for it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go sit in the corner..

No shit.

If he were sitting with an AK slung, that's one thing but practicing his 2A rights in an open carry state is attention whoring?
The LEO in this situation was wrong, one thing I have learned is that often (here anyways) the LEOs are more ignorant of KY's firearms laws than most responsible gun owners.
It's OK I guess though cause he's a LEO.

Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

[sarcasm] That's cool, I'll keep that in mind next time I'm deployed, defending you're freedom. [/sarcasm]

Yes you were looking for attention, like all people who OC are.. If you were truly concerned with defending yourself you would of had the sense to conceal it and not give away that you had a gun on you..

You know, sometimes opinions can be wrong.

Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:30:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What practical purpose does a semi automatic rifle serve that a bolt or lever action rifle can't accomplish?

Owning a semi auto, or a 30 round magazine, doesn't get me hassled by the police, or give away my cover during a situation where i'd prefer to maintain the element of surprise. Sorry that you couldn't make that connection.
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:30:24 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Do you really think that you weren't going to get the attention of the police when you decided to OC?

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you really think that you weren't going to get the attention of the police when you decided to OC?

Fucking reading comprehension.  How does that work?

Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't mind them. They's ignert.

Next time tell them CSB.
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:30:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go sit in the corner..

Umm, he's carrying a Sigma.
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:31:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because people here are giving it to him.

It doesn't sound like he was looking for attention, and it doesn't sound like the officer did anything more than give him some friendly advice.

Officer lardass wasn't trying to be friendly.

Were you there?

Nothing in the post indicated that he was anything but friendly.

He wasn't giving "friendly advice" when the advice he gave was totally fucking wrong.    
A) OC is 100% legal in KY.
B) Since he's not 21, he can't possibly get a concealed carry permit in this state and at no point in the training is there any mention of open carry "brandishing".
C) Open Carry is not the same as "brandishing", which officer fatass accused him of.

Was he friendly in his demeanor?  Who knows, but the advice wasn't friendly.

Don't mistake ignorance for malice.  It could have been friendly or well-intentioned and still have been absolutely wrong.
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:32:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Owning a semi auto, or a 30 round magazine, doesn't get me hassled by the police, or give away my cover during a situation where i'd prefer to maintain the element of surprise. Sorry that you couldn't make that connection.

The first part of that all depends on where you live, now doesn't it?
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All I simply asked was what you were carrying and what type of set up.  You do not have to be rude to me in your response.

I know, it wasn't directed to you, it was directed to the jackasses who have yet to comprehend that I have no choice BUT to open carry.
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:32:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
<Personal attack removed. -NorCal>

wow... and to a member of our .mil no less....
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:32:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree cops are morans.....

Cops carry guns in holsters so frigging complicated you need a degree to operate AND train on avoiding a gun snatch. The OP  went to the second level of the bargain basement.
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:32:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go sit in the corner..

Umm, he's carrying a Sigma.

Better than a rock I suppose.
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:32:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Under 21 AND pulling the "I'm Military so I get a pass on stupid shit" card.  Well done.

Tell me you're joking.
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:33:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably someone advocating mandatory retention training, I bet I could make a guess about the "Advocate's" profession.  There is also the issue of the bar for the use of lethal force.

Reach for a cops gun and it is a lethal force incident, you being a non-special badge-less "civilian" may not get the same benefit and the resulting court precedent may lead in a direction LE do not like.

Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Sounds like the OP wants to have the ability to defend himself and was obeying the law by OC'ing.

OP, thanks for serving!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And a good portion can't write cursive.

If OC is legal go for it, if you will.

Just don't expect universal kudos in GD.

Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:35:06 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

All ya'll posting in a troll thread.

Lots of trolls in this thread, but the OP ain't one of em.

Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What part of he can't get a concealed permit until he's 21 do you not understand?

Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:35:44 PM EDT
[#45]
OP, log out then back in.
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:36:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
All ya'll posting in a troll thread.

Lots of trolls in this thread, but the OP ain't one of em.

He knew what he was starting.
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:36:40 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Under 21 AND pulling the "I'm Military so I get a pass on stupid shit" card.  Well done.

Tell me you're joking.

Me? I was joking, hence the [sarcasm] bit...
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:37:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell me you're joking.

Nope.  I live close to Ft Hood. The "but I'm a soldier" excuse gets damn old. It has about as much to do with this topic as broccoli does.
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 3:37:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I was thinking the exact same thing...

Good on ya!
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top