Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 7:35:30 PM EDT
[#1]
the point of this topic should be to make any of us very aware of what can happen if a firearm is left where small children can put there little hands on them!  you wouldn't put your small child in your new pick-up start the engine ,put it in drive just to see if he could actually drive through the house would you?  then why in the world would you put a gun in your 3 year old son's or 5 year old daughters hand to see if they can actually pull the dao pistol!  you should be teaching the child to allways don't touch any gun they ever find, and to report it to an adult asap..   just hope you haven't committed the next inocent murder by showing your child how to properly shoot his next playmate... wake up guys...    
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:03:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My 2yr old nephew, who is very small for his age, can pull the trigger on my Glock 30. He uses both hands to do this.
View Quote

[b]YOU IDIOT! [pissed]

Who's epithet did you just write - yours or your nephew's?[/b] [pissed]

If you had put a gun in MY two-year old's hands and taught him to pull the trigger - I'd be picking your teeth out of my heel! [pissed]

Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:15:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My 2yr old nephew, who is very small for his age, can pull the trigger on my Glock 30. He uses both hands to do this.
View Quote

[b]YOU IDIOT! [pissed]

Who's epithet did you just write - yours or your nephew's?[/b] [pissed]

If you had put a gun in MY two-year old's hands and taught him to pull the trigger - I'd be picking your teeth out of my heel! [pissed]
View Quote

You idiot! Did I say I put it in his hands? No. What happened is that my sister took the gun right before I cleaned it to show my nephew that it was a "no no" (meaning he's not supposed to play with them). After racking the slide to check if it was clear,  she let him hold it and he pulled the trigger. She told him not to do it ever again. Whenever he sees it, he says "no no." I ask if he wants to touch it (to test him), and he says no.
So what the hell did I do wrong??????
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:17:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
the point of this topic should be to make any of us very aware of what can happen if a firearm is left where small children can put there little hands on them!  you wouldn't put your small child in your new pick-up start the engine ,put it in drive just to see if he could actually drive through the house would you?  then why in the world would you put a gun in your 3 year old son's or 5 year old daughters hand to see if they can actually pull the dao pistol!  you should be teaching the child to allways don't touch any gun they ever find, and to report it to an adult asap..   just hope you haven't committed the next inocent murder by showing your child how to properly shoot his next playmate... wake up guys...    
View Quote

From day one, my kids are taught that they are not to handle any firearm [B]without my supervision[/B]. I keep my firearms away from them - locked up.

Now, while my daughter [B]does[/B] understand that ALL firearms are potentially dangerous. I still don't leave them where they can access them  - PERIOD. When I am either cleaning or function testing any firearm, I use Azoom's [like "snap caps"]. I remove the magazine and don't leave one sitting around in the event something odd should happen.

It is constantly DRILLED into my kids heads that they should NEVER point a gun toward anyone or any place where someone may be.

I think they should know about firearms but they MUST know the rules - FIRST.

Furthermore, at their age it would/should always be with parental [B]supervision[/B].

Key phrase here: [B]PARENTAL SUPERVISION[/B]

Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You idiot! Did I say I put it in his hands? No. What happened is that my sister took the gun right before I cleaned it to show my nephew that it was a "no no" (meaning he's not supposed to play with them). After racking the slide to check if it was clear,  she let him hold it and he pulled the trigger. She told him not to do it ever again. Whenever he sees it, he says "no no." I ask if he wants to touch it (to test him), and he says no.
So what the hell did I do wrong??????
View Quote

Sorry, so you're not an idiot.  [b]But your sister is![/b]  

[i]"she let him hold it and pull the trigger" [/i]

You should teach "no-no" WITHOUT actually showing the toddler "how-to".  That is why your sister is an idiot.

She has no way of knowing whether your nephew will remember "no-no" or rather "pull here" when the full onslaught of his rebellious "terrible two's" and "fearless fours" arrive.

Just my cautious opinion.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top