Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 9:13:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Newcastle first, last, and always,  Course never forget the Black and Tan.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 9:29:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale..  With a lil bit of a lime wedge. It cant be beat.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 10:19:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Budweiser supports/sponsors certain shooting sports, so I started drinking Bud Light to return the support.
You pat my back, I'll pat yours.

I have other beers on hand, but Bud Light is my general "anytime" beer. it goes with dinner, it goes with relaxing by the lake, and just about any other time.

In fact I'm having one right now.[beer]
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 11:53:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Michelob Light tastes the best to me.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 12:18:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't like drinking carbonated yeast piss.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 12:30:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Too bad you guys don't live in the Northwest, specificly portland, OR and then you will have some Damn good beers.

Oregon is one of the best states for Microbrews.
I'm bent off the shit now.
Bla Bla Bla to all others.
And we have the best pot, not that I smoke it :0)
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 12:37:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Winter Break...

2 shots Kahlua
1 shot each of vanilla twist, peppermint schnapps, frangelico.
Top it off with cream...

Yummy.

Supposedly invented by a local bartender.

Viper Out
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 3:15:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I remember when Coors was hard to get in my part of Texas.  It seemed better back in the 70's.  It gives me a quasi-migraine now for some reason.  I remember in college in the central Texas area (SWTSU) they used to almost have to give Shiner beer away.  I forget the name of the place, it used to be an old train depot, would have pitchers of Shiner for something like 50 cents.  I spent many mornings like this[:X*] [puke]
edited due to killing too many brain cells in college.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 3:32:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't like drinking carbonated yeast piss.
View Quote

If by that, you're saying you don't like and don't drink beer, then you sir, are not to be trusted.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 3:34:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Winter Break...

2 shots Kahlua
1 shot each of vanilla twist, peppermint schnapps, frangelico.
Top it off with cream...

Yummy.

Supposedly invented by a local bartender.

View Quote

Jesus!  ...that's a girly drink.

What ever happened to Beer, scotch&soda, bourbon, Martinis, Hi-Balls?

Kids these days....
...we're doomed.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 5:17:50 AM EDT
[#11]
For American beer I always liked Ballantine on tap. And they made a pretty damn good ale also.

Now I'm a Jack Daniels guy.

"What is Right shall always Triumph"
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 5:47:49 AM EDT
[#12]
First off, all of you got it wrong. The best is Sierra Nevada Brewey Pale Ale. Just remember, the best is always out in the west.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 6:43:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Guiness is just Irish Budweiser. It's a fake stout brewed with very little dark malt. If you want GOOD beer, take a hint from Mr. RedHook there. Nothing beats an American microbrewed Stout or Porter. They use lots of the expensive stuff - MALT -  to make the beer.
It truly discourages me that Americans have such a fascination with cheap [b]Sissy beer[/b]. I've concluded that most Americans really DON'T like beer - they just drink [b]piss water[/b] and pretend to like beer! [flame]
Real men drink beer made with at least 1 lb of malt for every gallon of water used to brew the beer. StudMeisters like me need at least 2lbs/gallon.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 7:15:59 AM EDT
[#14]
I know it's supposedly about beer.  But since it's also alcohol, got another one to ask of you guys.  

Anyone ever tried something called the FOUR HORSEMAN?  

- Goldshlager
- Jagermeister
- Bacardi 151
- Rumplemintz

friend got me to try it out one time and it had a kick of yon legendary mule.  2 of these did me good all night.  Course I'm a sort of a lightweight.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 7:32:34 AM EDT
[#15]
As far as expensive beer goes
Corona and Fosters

Regular days Miller or Bud light is just as tasty
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 7:41:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What ever happened to Beer...

Kids these days....
...we're doomed.
View Quote

If it's any consolation, at the time I had not had that drink, but in fact was rather intoxicated having partaken in a healthy portion of a KEG of Boulevard Wheat...

Viper Out
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 7:08:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I havent heard anyone talk about America's Least Bitter Beer. KEYSTONE. [:P] Back in High school we used to drink Keystone Ice. Mainly becaus eof its higher alcohol content compared to Miller ETC. Somethign like double what MGD is. But the price was the best. 3.99 twelvers and at that time they had 2 dollar mail in rebates going on. We would get seriously drunk for 2 bux. I miss those days. only bad thing is the hangovers the crap gave us. [:X*]
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 7:53:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Is home brewing worthwhile?  If it's analogous to reloading, I suppose you'd wind up spending the same amount but drinking more. [beer]
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 7:59:16 PM EDT
[#19]
The REASON American beer and beer imported to America from other countries tastes like crap is PASTEURIZATION!
View Quote

Coors isn't pasteurized.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 11:13:20 PM EDT
[#20]
[b]
Quoted:
Corona and Fosters

View Quote
[/b]

Corona and Foster's expensive?
I think they are just charging an inflated price for what is essentially cheap swill,guess someone has to pay for those trendy,stupid commercials.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 1:40:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
[b]
Quoted:
Corona and Fosters

View Quote
[/b]

Corona and Foster's expensive?
I think they are just charging an inflated price for what is essentially cheap swill,guess someone has to pay for those trendy,stupid commercials.
View Quote

Corona and Fosters are on par pricewise with expensive beers because they are imported.

Alex of the Red Hook

Link Posted: 11/18/2001 1:53:00 AM EDT
[#22]
personally i like australian beers such as victoria bitter and redback, alas i cannot get these here in the states  

[newbie]

[beer]
fosters = [puke]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top