BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#1]
?

I haven't heard of any of this stuff.  Where's my WHAM! record?
A joke, people.  Who'd listen to that junk?

---------
"A real cheap f&*%er like You, cop-out."
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
hehe... I have to jump in on this one...

I have Skrewdriver's first 7" release, It's A side is the song "Anti-Social" and its B-side [WARNING: SARCASM FOLLOWS] is that neo-nazi anthem "Breakdown" first performed by, and writen by the Rolling Stones... Their first several albums weren't racist at all.  That's my point and I'm sticking to it.  I know several non/anti-racist skinheads and punks that will admit to listening to old skrewdriver albums, but not the newer racist shite that the band released.

One other quick point.  The best patriotic band outthere hands down was "Patriot".  Listen to one of their albums of see em live... it will blow yer mind.  My favorite song ever One Shot, One Kill is by this fine American band.

View Quote

Even the earliest Skrewdriver is Nationalistic music.  

Anyone who listens to Skrewdriver while ignoring the message is a f'ing idiot, and a poseur.  That's like me going out and buying a bunch of GG Allin shit, although I don't like drug users and I don't find shitting on stage cool.  

Skrewdriver is all about White Nationalism.  There is no other aspect.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 6:18:00 AM EDT
[#3]
mm....jumpig this thread again.....goth is and was a big mistake...a reporter called Souixie(sp) of Souixie and the banshees-a gothic pixie--I don't know about anyone else but I don't see any columns or other architectural features that would qualify her as gothic.
As for the music....it is just usually depressing crap----the cure, the church, morrisey, SOM, etc. Usually just anything that was not bubblegum that no one else wanted.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey Graves...
Yer trying to tell me that Skrewdriver covering a Rolling Stones song was a nationalist-whitepower-crossburning-inbred statement?  Sure.... I buy that. (well maybe not quite)  Yes, most of their stuff released after Boots and Braces was racist, and yes the majority of their stuff was nationalist from the start, but so what good music is good music.
I'm not a big fan of the racist aspect... in fact I think racism is fairly stupid. But I'm just fine with nationalism, no problems there.  Nationalists are not a problem to me, in fact I'm all for pride and the unity that comes with nationalist thought.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 10:05:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hey Graves...
Yer trying to tell me that Skrewdriver covering a Rolling Stones song was a nationalist-whitepower-crossburning-inbred statement?  Sure.... I buy that. (well maybe not quite)  Yes, most of their stuff released after Boots and Braces was racist, and yes the majority of their stuff was nationalist from the start, but so what good music is good music.
I'm not a big fan of the racist aspect... in fact I think racism is fairly stupid. But I'm just fine with nationalism, no problems there.  Nationalists are not a problem to me, in fact I'm all for pride and the unity that comes with nationalist thought.
View Quote

Actually Ian Stuart's first band was called "The Tumbling Dice", and they were a Stones cover band.  Many RAC/Nationalist bands play covers of songs that aren't political.  That doesn't change the fact that Skrewdriver was a nationalist band from the very beginning.

They could have covered  "Rump Shaker" and still have been a nationalist band.

"nationalist-whitepower-crossburning-inbred"

The bigotry in that statement speaks for itself.  I thought you guys were tolerant?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top