User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:54:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

These Toyota guys kill me with their "off road" vehicles.

A fucking Nissan Rogue is just as capable when both are in stock form.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mad sick IFS flex yo.  That's like 4" of suspension droop in the rear too.

These Toyota guys kill me with their "off road" vehicles.

A fucking Nissan Rogue is just as capable when both are in stock form.

As an owner of a Tundra and a Rogue, I can say, with confidence, you're wrong
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:07:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Some of you guys are missing the point

It doesn't matter if you "need" a truck or not.  Some people just like to own trucks.  that's not the issue.

Everything everywhere always comes down to money.

Money money money

The thing that always stabs people in the ass is money.

The big issue at hand is the fact that the OP does not have enough money.

He has enough money to drive around in a 4 year old car but he doesn't have enough to drive around in a 4 year old truck.

So he's going to buy a 15 year old truck and hope for the best.

Which is a foolish thing to do.

The supply of used cars and trucks is way too low right now and the prices are a joke.

Any time you do anything, you need to have enough money to make it work out good.

Otherwise, you're just pissing your money away.

if you want a pool table, you save up enough to buy a B+ or A- grade one.

you don't buy a C grade table and then end up hating it because the balls roll like shit

because then you're screwed, you just pissed all the money away on nothing

there are a lot of times in life when you should just "go for it".

"Just going for it" cannot be praised highly enough.

like if you see a armored car with the doors hanging open, you should just run up to the truck and grab a few bags of money and run off

or if you're in love with the prom queen, you should run up to her and start reading her a 15 page love poem you wrote.  It will be so romantic, she'll immediately fall in love with you.  Wear your best sweater vest.

or if they have a sale on Cheetos at the store, ask your mom to buy three extra bags and have a basement Cheeto party with you and your online pals.

but when it comes to buying machinery, especially a money pit like a used truck, you shouldn't "just go for it".

there nothing that sucks like dumping money into a POS car that's starting to fall apart

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:10:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

I bought a 15 year old truck.

Where is your shitty double spaced response now?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:12:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why would you trade a 2012 car for a 2000's worn out truck?

I was going to try to convince you to join the Truck Master Race, but that just sounds like a terrible idea.

View Quote

this also are you going to use the truck?

buying a truck and just using it as a grocery getter is retarded, stick with the much better around town car.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:30:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why would you trade a 2012 car for a 2000's worn out truck?

View Quote

I went from a 2008 Civic to a 2005 Tundra. Depends on if OP will actually use the truck. The car was awesome for scooting around town but once we bought a house I quickly realized it's hard to work on a house out of a Civic Si's trunk.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:37:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't say that buying a 15 year old truck was physically impossible.

So the fact that you bought one is not actually relevant to anything I wrote.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:39:41 PM EDT
[#7]
130k miles on a 2004 Silverado for $8000?

I must be in the wrong state.  Most of the 2005-2006 Silverados here are in the 160k range.

As an example, the one I'm going to test drive Saturday will be 158k 4x4 crew cab and I'm going to try to make a deal at $11k driving it off the lot.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

If they bought the truck for 7500, and then can sell my car for 8700 they'll straight trade me.

Sucks I'd have to go through a dealer, but not sure how else to get the truck I want, and sell my car, and work everyday in the mean time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Trade ins don't work that way.  The dealership isn't going to trade you straight across.

If they bought the truck for 7500, and then can sell my car for 8700 they'll straight trade me.

Sucks I'd have to go through a dealer, but not sure how else to get the truck I want, and sell my car, and work everyday in the mean time.

No they won't. If they bought the truck for 7500 they MIGHT straight trade for your car if the blue book value for said car is over 15K.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:59:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
130k miles on a 2004 Silverado for $8000?

I must be in the wrong state.  Most of the 2005-2006 Silverados here are in the 160k range.

As an example, the one I'm going to test drive Saturday will be 158k 4x4 crew cab and I'm going to try to make a deal at $11k driving it off the lot.
View Quote

Update:

Seems like the smart decision is for me to hold off a few more years, then get a truck for a second vehicle.

Here is link to said truck: http://www.ramsautosales.com/2003_Chevrolet_Silverado%201500_Milwaukee_WI_260655566.veh
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 1:23:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I seem to be the king of finding used trucks for some reason. When I first came back to the states from being stationed overseas I bought a used 07 F150 STX with 41k miles on it for 11,000. After I came back from deployment and having that same truck nearly kill me in the winter I decided I wanted to upgrade to something with 4x4. Bought a used 09 Lariat F150 for 26k with 60k miles on it.

I don't know what you guys are doing wrong.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top