Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:31:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Get an M-44

I don't have any bolt guns right now but I've had them both before and I don't care for mausers. Mosins are cool though.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:32:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Buy a Mosin, OP. They're the only rifles that I know of that makes bruised shoulders fun.

I have an old Finnish Nagant myself. It's a big bastard and kicks like a mule. But I love it.

No gun collection is complete without at least one Mosin Nagant.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Last option.

And they are most certainly not a relic of the Soviet Union.

They were in service of Czarist Russia and have been through a civil war or two long before the Soviet Union became what it was.  Especially the '91 model.

Of course, I was referring to Soviet Russia being the last regime to actually use them.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:35:31 PM EDT
[#4]
M38 here.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:38:07 PM EDT
[#5]
An old Russian guy I knew once said it was a great rifle.  He said, "It would shoot thru fifteen guys front to back or seven side to side."
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Why would you pass up another gun for your collection? Buy it and know that you are pissing off a liberal as you do so.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:52:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Eh.

They're the cheapest way to throw a full sized rifle caliber out at minute-of-barn.  I picked up an M44 from 1944 that I found interesting because it was absolutely the most efficient and cut-corner rifle I'd ever seen in person.  The milling is atrocious, little trim bits left off here and there.. Just tossed out the factory doors as fast as possible.  It's pretty accurate for what it is, particularly liking czech silvertip.. Lucky me

I bought it when 7.62x54 was just obscenely cheap.  It's not my favorite rifle, nor my favorite milsurp by a long shot.  The action on it sucks, the trigger sucks, the design of the "safety" sucks, the extra weight of the bayonet sucks.

Enfields knock Mosins down and kick sand in their eyes, but they're expensive to feed.  All the good .303 surplus is done dried up.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:56:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cheep boolitz.

Surplus ammo is cheap, but not so useful for us because a lot of ranges here ban steel ammo. If it attracts a magnet, they ban it.

So, we either have to stock up on the surplus Yugo (which is not so cheap) or buy new production.

I thought the Hungarian AIM is selling was lead core.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top