Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
9/23/2020 3:47:02 PM
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:45:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Zedhead:
I wonder why so many want fried chicken?

It's a TOTAL mystery
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:46:13 PM EDT
None. Last minute he decided to eat a hamburger at his Mother's request.

Eucharist - Sacrament.

Same meal that is served to all other offenders in the main dining room
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:46:17 PM EDT
Why don't we just starve them to death. It would be cheaper.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:46:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:48:11 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Popobawa:

It tastes good.

No shit. Fried Chicken is probably my favorite food.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:52:59 PM EDT
IIRC the traditional last meal is as much a benefit for the condemed as it is for the guards. If the condemed eats the meal given by the guards then he has absolved them of the guilt of ending his life.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:56:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By uncle_ho:
That doesn't bother me too much, as long as it is their LAST meal.

Same here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:58:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Chairborne:
The last meal is a minuscule expense compared to the hundreds of thousands we spend to house them and on their appeals.  

+1

It's millions really. The gummint ends up picking up legal fees for both sides.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:59:38 PM EDT
What's up with all the Diet Coke?  You're eating the equivilent of an entire cow and will be dead in a few hours, and you're worried about the calories in your drink?

buk
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:06:03 PM EDT
I have a friend that works for Corrections he says most of them don't eat any of the food
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:08:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jimdicks:

I'd order fugu, and hope that they fucked up. That way I get the last laugh.

I hear ya.  Don't know how many others will know what you are talking about, though.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:10:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Old_Painless:
I have always thought that the "last meal" thing was silly.

They are going to be dead in a few hours.  What do we need to waste groceries on them for?

Yup, ham and cheese sandwich and a glass of water. You got five minutes to eat. Go.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:10:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2009 3:16:07 PM EDT by N1Rampage]
55 Offender Information Santana Carlos 695 03/23/1993 Justice, Temperance, with Mercy

209 Offender Information Barnes, Jr. Odell 998 03/01/2000 Justice, Equality, World Peace

Lol, die fuckers.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:14:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2009 3:17:37 PM EDT by Deej86]
I'll make it simple.

4 pcs. Fried chicken.
12 strips Bacon
a glass of Chocolate milk.

(/my life)

I can understand why you couldn't smoke or drink in jail, but no bubble gum?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:15:11 PM EDT

Let them eat the same thing that their victim had as their last meal.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:16:59 PM EDT
I can't get worked into a frenzy over it.  There are going to be dead in a few hours anyway.  I am focused on getting them on their way.  Steak or bologna - what do I care?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:18:09 PM EDT
Most death row inmates are probably murderers, why should they die with more dignity than the victim?

I say strip them of thier clothes and off them with a rifle while standing in a grave they had to dig themselves...............
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:19:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NoStockBikes:

Originally Posted By uncle_ho:

That doesn't bother me too much, as long as it is their LAST meal.

Yeah, pretty much how I feel.

Yep
5sub

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:20:08 PM EDT
The justice system is far too flawed to allow the government the power to kill. We should abolish the death penality.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:20:45 PM EDT
Who cares.  So we spend 100 bucks on their last meal then be done with them forever.  Compared to what the cost of keeping them on death row for years and years cost that is chump change.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:21:42 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Deej86:
I'll make it simple.

4 pcs. Fried chicken.
12 strips Bacon
a glass of Chocolate milk.

(/my life)

I can understand why you couldn't smoke or drink in jail, but no bubble gum?

Probably the same reason it was always forbidden in schools - assholes stick used gum to everything.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:21:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:23:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gunplay:

The justice system is far too flawed to allow the government the power to kill. We should abolish the death penality.

Agreed.  At a minimum, we should immediately stop all executions where the only evidence is an eye witness.
5sub

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:23:27 PM EDT

I don't know about abolishing it, but many cases have shown a definite need for better oversight.  The number of "murderers" cleared since DNA testing became available should raise doubts in most people.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:24:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 5subslr5:

Agreed.  At a minimum, we should immediately stop all executions where the only evidence is an eye witness.

5sub

Eyewitness testimony is one of the, if not THE, least reliable mode of testimony.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:26:49 PM EDT
My last meal would be a cheesecake.  An entire cheesecake.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:26:52 PM EDT
Looks like most of these fuckers were going to die from the food they like anyway.

I could get banned by commenting on most of those request

You can tell that most of those guys had never had a fine meal.

My last meal would be

2 Salvatore beers
Two bowls of turtle soup
one bowl of seafood gumbo  
one large salad blue cheese dressing
10 large stone crab claws with butter
60 small oysters seasoned and fried in cornmeal
4 sets of fried frog legs
one 24 ounce Angus prime ribeye cooked med rare
Cheese cake with real whipped cream and strawberries
amaretto on the rocks and
One glass of ice tea

If that did not kill me I would be ready to die
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:27:37 PM EDT
I don't have a problem with a last meal.  Especially if the request is something normal, like fried chicken.  After all, some meal, at some point, has to be their last one.  Might as well let them eat what they want.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:29:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2009 3:30:18 PM EDT by 5subslr5]

Originally Posted By badfish274:

Agreed. At a minimum, we should immediately stop all executions where the only evidence is an eye witness.
5sub

Eyewitness testimony is one of the, if not THE, least reliable mode of testimony.

Especially when the eye witness is identifying a person of a different race.
5sub

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:31:03 PM EDT

Agreed. At a minimum, we should immediately stop all executions where the only evidence is an eye witness.

5sub

5sub

Que?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:32:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:

5sub

5sub

Que?

we.....uhhhh....all look a like to people of a different race !!

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:33:12 PM EDT

I'm with you, for all the comments I read here aout government mistrust and ineptitude I'm surprised to see people saying execution should be carried out immediately...
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:33:42 PM EDT

5sub
A bill's waiting the MD gov's signature to make the death penatly only available for crimes in which there is video of the crime, a videotaped confession and/or DNA evidence.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:34:11 PM EDT

5sub

5sub

Que?

we.....uhhhh....all look a like to people of a different race !!

So, why did you disagree with his statement?  You seemed to be implying the opposite.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:34:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By LtDirector:
Originally Posted By GeorgiaBII:

You guys would bitch if they hung you with a new rope.

Aint that the truth.

Unless, of course, the person also had a gun related charge, then they would suddenly lose all faith in the system and assume he is entirely innocent.

So you're the new N_T.

I've always just been me.

I like to think for myself.

Maybe you should try it sometime.

I look at probably 3-4 GD threads a day. Out of the three I checked, you're in there pointing out how hypocritical we all our. Go write a book. No one cares here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:35:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Soybomb:

I'm with you, for all the comments I read here aout government mistrust and ineptitude I'm surprised to see people saying execution should be carried out immediately...

People hold a lot of inconsistent beliefs around here.  It is entertaining, that's for sure - especially when they try to rationalize them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:38:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2009 3:41:22 PM EDT by The_Macallan]

A blindfold and cigarette at the firing squad, or last words before being hanged, or last rites before being led to the gallows.

Civilized nations treat even the worst prisoners about to be executed with at least SOME human dignity.

Primative savage tribes and despotic dictators don't.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:38:13 PM EDT

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:40:52 PM EDT

Aint that the truth.

Unless, of course, the person also had a gun related charge, then they would suddenly lose all faith in the system and assume he is entirely innocent.

So you're the new N_T.

I look at probably 3-4 GD threads a day. Out of the three I checked, you're in there pointing out how hypocritical we all our. Go write a book. No one cares here.

Now you've done it.  In before he calls you a racist.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:41:16 PM EDT

Aint that the truth.

So you're the new N_T.

I point out how hypocritical some people are.  You always somehow take it personally.  Am I hitting too close to home for you?

If I make a comment about people believing "X" and you do not believe "X" why do you continuously assume I am referring to you?

The only thing I can think is you have some sort of weird desire to associate with what you believe is some sort of arfcom orthodoxy - thus you are unwilling or unable to think for yourself and act as in individual.  Sad, really.

If anyone sets the standard for board orthodoxy, it is the staff and mods.  I don't think the people continuously complaining about being oppressed by mods and not being able to freely express themselves due to the CoC are the proper people to declare themselves representatives of this board, yet such seems to be a common trait among those who choose to take umbrage with me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:42:01 PM EDT
What's wrong with Lead being their last meal?
Seriously....
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:42:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Kharn:

5sub
A bill's waiting the MD gov's signature to make the death penatly only available for crimes in which there is video of the crime, a videotaped confession and/or DNA evidence.

Kharn

I think thats a pretty good idea.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:42:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MACD:

Aint that the truth.

So you're the new N_T.

Now you've done it.  In before he calls you a racist.

Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.  Did I offend you when I thought the "14 points" was at the intellectual capacity of a slug?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:47:02 PM EDT
I just had a great idea for an arfcom dinner pic...
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:48:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2009 3:52:17 PM EDT by The_Macallan]
Originally Posted By Kharn:

5sub

Kharn

I think thats a pretty good idea.

Videotaped confessions can be recanted.

DNA evidence has already been proven to be flawed.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:49:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Darrellbear:
Must make a heckuva a mess to clean up if they void their bowels during the execution, after eating all that...  

Roger Dale Stafford aka the steak house killer ate the  final meal he had  requested: six foot-long hot dogs with cheese and chili, two large chocolate shakes, large order of french fries with catsup and mustard and a quart of chocolate ice cream.

He stated that he wanted to leave behind a stinking mess for the guards to clean up.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:49:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2009 3:50:23 PM EDT by LtDirector]

If anyone sets the standard for board orthodoxy, it is the staff and mods.  I don't think the people continuously complaining about being oppressed by mods and not being able to freely express themselves due to the CoC are the proper people to declare themselves representatives of this board, yet such seems to be a common trait among those who choose to take umbrage with me.

Just like my problem with DLoken, I don't care what your opinion is. I'm tired of shitstirring and baiting getting threads I'm interested in locked. If you have a problem with people, take it to the pit and stop ruining interesting threads by telling us how stupid we all are. Hell, hit the report button if it offends you so much you feel the need to make every other post something about how dumb this forum is.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:49:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By The_Macallan:

Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien. - Voltaire, La Bégueule (1772).

Truly one of my favorite quotes.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:52:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By LORD-eX-Bu:
wtf, liver and onions?!?

Liver is bad for you....oh, wait.....

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:53:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By The_Macallan:

Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien. - Voltaire, La Bégueule (1772).

Truly one of my favorite quotes.

English motherfucker - do you speak it!!??
~ Jules.

Truly one of my favorite quotes too.

Page / 4
Top Top