Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:04:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I've seen undercover Jeep Libertys on I-83.  The off-road lights looked black until they turned on then they were red and blue.  

-Dan.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:05:36 AM EDT
[#2]
well that sucks.  Crafty bastards, getting somthin I can't outrun.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:11:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Like the radio and the helicopter?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:13:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
www.copcarsonline.com/images/Make_a_wish_04_11.jpg

FHP guys must be Southpark fans.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:19:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Helicopters!  pffff!  

Radios!  pffff!
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:24:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.billericapolice.org/miscpics/Magnum.JPG

Not quite as cool as the Sub, but in AWD version should kick some ass. And it is 10x cooler than the eagle.

-LG

Nice but I bet it's the V6.

Nope,  there was a write up linked in one of the Dodge forums last week that gave the full spec of the 2006 Magnum Police package.  The only difference from the standart RT is a column mounted shifter with no console and bigger battery and Brake Rotors.  Other than that it is the same 340HP Hemi.  (without the electronic governor)  I will post a link if I can find it again.

edit /// This isn't the one that I was thinking of but it works.
Police Magnum

I would worry more about this one This is one charger I don't want behind me
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:30:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The chopper would be easy to outrun, most of them can't do 150+. Its Motorola that takes skillz to avoid
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 11:32:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Also i will run the plate when i get to work tonight, and see if it comes back to a saab that the police own.

One thing that looks off is the shop number.  most police cars have a shop number on the back.  maybe its just obscured

Don't risk your job to find out the answer

members.fortunecity.com/statepdcars/colorado.htm
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:48:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"You might outrun my Chevrolet
But you can't outrun my old two-way."
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 1:13:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Also i will run the plate when i get to work tonight, and see if it comes back to a saab that the police own.

It won't

It's a Subaru
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 1:22:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Police are always talking about being  "out-gunned".  I guess they tired of being out driven too.

The WRX (surprised no one has one here) is wicked quick with a 300-hp 2.5-liter DOHC intercooled, turbocharged engine while weighing only about 3,300 lbs.

I've seen the FHP Corvettes and heard a rumor they have a Ferrari (from a drug confiscation) somewhere.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 1:34:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Police are always talking about being  "out-gunned".  I guess they tired of being out driven too.

The WRX (surprised no one has one here) is wicked quick with a 300-hp 2.5-liter DOHC intercooled, turbocharged engine while weighing only about 3,300 lbs.

I've seen the FHP Corvettes and heard a rumor they have a Ferrari (from a drug confiscation) somewhere.

Its the AWD and cornering that makes it good.  Gobs of traction, and great handling.  Not much of a performer (by my standards) in a straight line, but good all weather handling.  It should be a good cop car, probably much better than the impala.  The only thing that looks bad is the lack of ground clearance.  

Wheat Ridge has a lifted gang-banger type f-150 that they try to pull people over with.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 1:52:56 PM EDT
[#14]
the license plate on the suburau does not look real. too flat and no embossing. perhaps it was altered to avoid a real plate, but im still thinking photoshop job for the picture.

maybe some type of concept car idea.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 1:53:10 PM EDT
[#15]
WRX STI is 6speed manual.  How are they going to juggle donuts, coffee, and nabbing those pesky street racers without a slushbox?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 1:56:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Wheat Ridge has a lifted gang-banger type f-150 that they try to pull people over with.  

Lol that would be so hard to run from.

-Dan.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 2:18:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
the license plate on the suburau does not look real. too flat and no embossing. perhaps it was altered to avoid a real plate, but im still thinking photoshop job for the picture.

maybe some type of concept car idea.

They have flat plastic licence plates here.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 2:23:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Lol that would be so hard to run from.

-Dan.

My problem is that the car is not a cop car.  There have been a few posers pulling people over as cops in unmarked cars.  I have a friend who almost had it happen to her.  She is about 19, semi attractive, and was being followed by a caprice with cop lights.  She didn't stop, she got on her cell, called the Colo Highway Patrol, and they cought the bastard.

My point is, police should be using police cars, marked as such.  Anybody can get a flasher and some blue/red leds.  This lifted yellow tinted F-150 shit is bad.  They are just asking for some gang from 5 points to start "playing cops" on a regular basis.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 2:26:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks real enough.

Why not?

I know they are no joke when it comes to being quick but don't PD's normally buy American brands? Maybe this was a seized car?

Wolfpack,
click me for PD vehicles from the US.  As seen on this website, Colorado police departments(some of them) use Saabs, and Georgia  had a BMW, and Florida HP had a Volvo test car.

Actually, that would be South Carolina that has the beemers.  BMW has a plant in Greer (IIRC) and part of the deal with the state was a small supply of cop cars.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 2:28:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I saw a review of rice grinders in some magazine a while back and that car was up at the top of the list in overall badassness.

Top end Up to about 130, then my RX7 TurboII started pulling away.

Accelleration see above

Handling

The whole deal.

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 2:31:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
VA has unmarked GTOs.

www.transamws6.com/pics/gto1.jpg
www.transamws6.com/pics/gto3.jpg
www.transamws6.com/pics/gto2.jpg

Damn, I love that cops in Georgia cannot use unmarked cars for traffic enforcement.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 2:33:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The chopper would be easy to outrun, most of them can't do 150+. Its Motorola that takes skillz to avoid

Except that the chopper is pretty much straightlining it over hills and curves, etc.  It would stay with you.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:28:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.billericapolice.org/miscpics/Magnum.JPG

Not quite as cool as the Sub, but in AWD version should kick some ass. And it is 10x cooler than the eagle.

-LG

Nice but I bet it's the V6.

Nope,  there was a write up linked in one of the Dodge forums last week that gave the full spec of the 2006 Magnum Police package.  The only difference from the standart RT is a column mounted shifter with no console and bigger battery and Brake Rotors.  Other than that it is the same 340HP Hemi.  (without the electronic governor)  I will post a link if I can find it again.

edit /// This isn't the one that I was thinking of but it works.
Police Magnum

I would worry more about this one This is one charger I don't want behind me

Michigan tested the police packages, both V6 and Hemi are available, the V6 is an equal performer to the crown vic, but the Hemi rocks (and cost 5 grand more)
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#24]

I was stationed in Colo in the mid-70's. I skied Summit County alot, and saw several Saabs in
Police livery. Breckenridge, Keystone, and I believe Summit County Sheriff's Dept. all had them.

As light as the WRX is, at 300hp, they haul the mail. I drove a 250 hp 01 or 02 my bro had, and
even with an auto trans, that  car was pretty snappy.

I would think a Forester would be a better back country unit, with XT's running 250 hp and 12" ground clearence, and of course AWD. It's mere coincidence I drive an 01 Forester L  

Mercedes, BMW,  Volvo, and Saab have all had Police programs over the years.
San Antonio PD had a couple M-B's back in the early 70's, obtained for a safety test program in conjuction with Southwest Research.

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:56:19 PM EDT
[#25]
I have direct personal knowledge that the Colorado WRX is real.  That being said, Italy has some nice patrol cars too...

That's a Gallardo, in case you were wondering.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#26]
I've heard rumors that a PD in Tx acquired a drug runners 1000 HP Toyota Supra (Mk IV) that was used at night to run back and forth over the boarder at 150+mph. Some way or another they caught him and his car, which was revamped into an undercover patrol car (I'm assuming for busting street racers). Supposedly they fixed the car nicely with hidden strobes in the headlights/tailights.

I've also heard a Lambo Diablo SVT was repo'd by the LAPD and was also reworked and put into use by the PD there.

From what I've seen firsthand there a few local guys runnin around with heavily modified Camaros. One LEO even brought his car to a local meet/show in Plano. The thing was pretty but it was full of stupid shit like speakers/subs and amps....as well as completely outfitted with lights, Plano PD paint scheme, nitrous, laptop, radar...etc.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:11:48 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I've heard rumors that a PD in Tx acquired a drug runners 1000 HP Toyota Supra (Mk IV) that was used at night to run back and forth over the boarder at 150+mph. Some way or another they caught him and his car, which was revamped into an undercover patrol car (I'm assuming for busting street racers). Supposedly they fixed the car nicely with hidden strobes in the headlights/tailights.

I've also heard a Lambo Diablo SVT was repo'd by the LAPD and was also reworked and put into use by the PD there.

From what I've seen firsthand there a few local guys runnin around with heavily modified Camaros. One LEO even brought his car to a local meet/show in Plano. The thing was pretty but it was full of stupid shit like speakers/subs and amps....as well as completely outfitted with lights, Plano PD paint scheme, nitrous, laptop, radar...etc.

I've seen PD Vettes that were bought with dope money and police seizures and turned into DARE cars.  I've also seen police seizure Expeditions, Tahoes, etc.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:13:16 PM EDT
[#28]

These arent around anymore but they did have one or more with a supercharger on it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:15:35 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I've seen PD Vettes that were bought with dope money and police seizures and turned into DARE cars.  I've also seen police seizure Expeditions, Tahoes, etc.  

One of the local Funeral Homes donated a hearse for use by the DARE program.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:32:35 PM EDT
[#30]
It needs a bigger wing.  Only then will it stand a chance of being able to catch shitbox ricers.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
OK, I give. WTF is that?

Quoted:
www.copcarsonline.com/images/Make_a_wish_04_11.jpg

I bet that's a funny sight when the brakes lock up.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:06:19 PM EDT
[#32]
fuggin A thats awesome
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:39:48 PM EDT
[#33]
I think PeteCO has an "issue" with Subarus.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 7:05:56 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
It needs a bigger wing.  Only then will it stand a chance of being able to catch shitbox ricers.  

... and "Type R" sticker.  That alone adds 25 HP.

Chris
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 7:06:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Don't forget the NOS sticker is worth an easy 20 HP
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 7:10:53 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I think PeteCO has an "issue" with Subarus.

Nah.  They're not bad.  I'm even using a Subaru engine in my plane.

Now gay ass wings, I think are stupid, yet amusing.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 7:11:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Addison (dallas) used to have Firebirds.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:00:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:39:30 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The car pictured although I hate to say it will beat most muscle cars with large V-8's. I grew up with American cars but I gotta hand it to Subaru and the EVO...they are fucking fast little factory cars.

I do like them, the one thing I am not crazy about is the boy racer type seats.  

I think also Fort Worth PD used Camaros.  

What I thought was priceless from the site I gave you Wolfpack was the stop pic with the two Eclipses or whatever.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:12:40 PM EDT
[#40]
They use everything out here, we even have some crewcab superduty trucks around town. I Hawaii this summer I saw 3 blown mustang cop cars.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top