User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 12:11:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Dogs are annoying.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 12:15:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont have an Xbox, so if somebody wants my key send me an IM with your email and I'll forward the letter to you...

I also got mine because Im a CharlieOscarDelta vet
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 12:15:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you pre-ordered from Game Stop email them at [email protected] and they will send you a code.  I got mine and I'm playing now.

Those bastards still haven't given me mine....I emailed them this morning.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 12:16:03 PM EDT
[#4]
IM Sent
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 12:16:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn.  Just played the map with tanks.  Game is going to be good.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 12:21:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
IM Sent

And Pimphand has my code...
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 12:33:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IM Sent

And Pimphand has my code...

Awesome...thanks a bunch. When I get my code from Gamestop, I will put it up for grabs.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 12:39:52 PM EDT
[#8]
So far it seems kinda cool.  The maps are interesting although the graphics don't seem to be up to COD4 qualities.  Running seems a bit slower as well.  The guns are the typical set up:

RIFLES:
SVT-40
Gewehr 43
M1 Garand
STG-44
M1A1 Carbine
(Flash Hider, Aperture Sight, Telescopic Sight)

SUBS:
Tommy
MP40
Type 100
PPSh-41
(Suppressor, Aperture sight, Round drum)

HEAVY:
Type 99
BAR
DP-28
MG42
FG42
(Bipod, Bayo)

SHOTTY:
M1897
Double Barreled
(Grip, Bayo)

SNIPER:
Springfield
Arisaka
(Scope, Bayo, Noob Tube)

I've played maps where you can use a tank.  One drives and operates the turret while another can use the heavy machine gun.  Bazookas will blow these fairly fast although I don't think they are one shot kills.  You actually have vehicle perks that allow you to reload and move the turret faster.

3 kill streak earns a recon plane. 5 kill streak is artillery and 7 is calling in a pack of fucking dogs.  Awesome.

The game types available in Beta are War, Capture the Flag, Team Deathmatch, Pick up TDM and Free for all.  War and CtF seem to be the same type of game so far similar to HQ/Domination.

It looks like most of the other things are a replica of COD4 like the rank structure and when you unlock perks/useables.  

My GT is Bigvern9669.  If you have the beta lets party up.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 12:59:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I just got mine yesterday.  If you migrated your charlieoscardelta account to the new site and haven't gotten one, post here and i'll tell you what to do..

Initial impresions: Since it is using the COD4 engine, it feels the same and has the same HUD exp system, challenges etc.  The only difference is obviously the WWII setting.  It has the color scheme of COD3 though.

I'll answer any questions.

I couldn't migrate my account and no response to my emails.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 1:03:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, graphics don't seem as good as COD4, but we'll see.  Man, it sucks not knowing the maps + being a noob.

Also, one thing I've noticed is that it seems spawn points are much easier to camp...so that kind of sucks.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 1:07:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
So far it seems kinda cool.  The maps are interesting although the graphics don't seem to be up to COD4 qualities.  Running seems a bit slower as well.  The guns are the typical set up:

RIFLES:
SVT-40
Gewehr 43
M1 Garand
STG-44
M1A1 Carbine
(Flash Hider, Aperture Sight, Telescopic Sight)

SUBS:
Tommy
MP40
Type 100
PPSh-41
(Suppressor, Aperture sight, Round drum)

HEAVY:
Type 99
BAR
DP-28
MG42
FG42
(Bipod, Bayo)

SHOTTY:
M1897
Double Barreled
(Grip, Bayo)

SNIPER:
Springfield
Arisaka
(Scope, Bayo, Noob Tube)

I've played maps where you can use a tank.  One drives and operates the turret while another can use the heavy machine gun.  Bazookas will blow these fairly fast although I don't think they are one shot kills.  You actually have vehicle perks that allow you to reload and move the turret faster.

3 kill streak earns a recon plane. 5 kill streak is artillery and 7 is calling in a pack of fucking dogs.  Awesome.

The game types available in Beta are War, Capture the Flag, Team Deathmatch, Pick up TDM and Free for all.  War and CtF seem to be the same type of game so far similar to HQ/Domination.

It looks like most of the other things are a replica of COD4 like the rank structure and when you unlock perks/useables.  

My GT is Bigvern9669.  If you have the beta lets party up.

Is it going to replace COD 4 as your go to game.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 1:11:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I predict it will be like RSV2 and get played by a lot of people at first, then everyone will move back to COD4.

I'll be buying it. I just don't think it will be easy to top the best fps game ever made.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 1:15:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Probably.  As long as people buy it and play.  So far there seems to be a decent amount of Arfcommers that are interested.  The gameplay is very similar to COD4 so it will be fun.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 1:18:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I really want to play Hardcore mode since shooting people mutliple times with a bolt action rifle is kind of annoying, lol.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 1:38:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Got my code......Downloading now
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I have an extra code...who needs/wants it?
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 2:00:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pimp, my employee would like one. It's boootleg....you've played with him before. IM it to me if you want him to have it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 2:06:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I like the generosity in this thread.

Keeping in the spirit, here's a song for you guys to enjoy, that you can't find anywhere else.

home.rochester.rr.com/jrichman/images/JamesTaylorandAlisonKrauss_TheBoxer.mp3
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 2:09:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pimp, my employee would like one. It's boootleg....you've played with him before. IM it to me if you want him to have it.

Pimp give it to me!!!!!!!! My 360 will be here tomorrow or Wed.

Norus
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#20]
well i moved my shit over from charlieoscardelta and still no damn code.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Norus

I actually have two to spare...so the first two IMs to me get the codes.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 3:40:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do! M1AHD wants to play the beta...

If anyone has a code i'd greatly appropriate it.

Thanks,
-M1AHD
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 3:55:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Norus

I actually have two to spare...so the first two IMs to me get the codes.

They are now spoken for....
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Man, I'm bad at this game.  The iron sights are killing me.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Alright, after seeing the trailer, it's piqued my interest.

Despite fighting WWII for the ten millionth time, I'd like to check it out if anyone has an extra code IM me here.

Gamer Tag is: Z1GZAGMAN LIVES

Thanks, charliedontsurf
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 4:46:57 PM EDT
[#26]
If anyone would like to hand out an extra code I'd really appreciate it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 7:28:04 PM EDT
[#27]
So, I hear that I might have recieved a code via email.    How do I go about using it to down load the beta version?   Sorry I'm a noob at beta shit.    I should be able to play till I fall asleep tomorrow night as my wife will be out of town for two days.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 7:34:41 PM EDT
[#28]
If it's the same as it was for the COD 4 beta, go into the market place and push whatever button is "redeem code" it's supposed to be for market place points or whatever. At least that's how it worked last time.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#29]

and 7 is calling in a pack of fucking dogs. Awesome.

Oh Mother of God, they actually did that???
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 9:07:32 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
If it's the same as it was for the COD 4 beta, go into the market place and push whatever button is "redeem code" it's supposed to be for market place points or whatever. At least that's how it worked last time.

Correct, just go to your dashboard and go all the way to the left into the marketplace.  There is a GUI that is labeled "Redeem Code".  Just click on that and put in your 25 digit code.  Its like redeeming an XBOXlive free trial.  It took about 20 minutes for mine to download.  Then to access the game you go to the game menu and select it the same way you would a demo or arcade game.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

and 7 is calling in a pack of fucking dogs. Awesome.

Oh Mother of God, they actually did that???

Yep.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 4:53:25 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you pre-ordered from Game Stop email them at [email protected] and they will send you a code.  I got mine and I'm playing now.

Those bastards still haven't given me mine....I emailed them this morning.

GS left me a voice mail to register takes two business says for them to email u the key so ill see what happens. i did register this am.

update.. they sent me the key for xbox360 which i dont own oh well.. i did replay to them to see what the deal is..
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 3:29:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 3:50:32 PM EDT
[#34]
BULLSHIT.  as soon as i get into a game my xbox makes static noises and freezes
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 5:21:38 PM EDT
[#35]
i sent them an email for the key yesterday and got mine this afternoon!  i'll be on tonight, who's down to play?

GAMERTAG: EighteenAndOne
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:42:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Woohoo, just got my code.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:48:02 PM EDT
[#37]
I've got a code, first one to email me at [email protected] gets it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I've got a code, first one to email me at [email protected] gets it.

Email sent
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 10:14:12 PM EDT
[#39]
if anyone has an extra code, please send it my way.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 1:32:16 AM EDT
[#40]
I'd love a code too!
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 5:55:12 AM EDT
[#41]
I would like to partake in this beta as well
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:36:44 AM EDT
[#42]
I just got another from the callofduty.com forums.  I registered two days ago.  It went to Sosabowski within about 30 seconds after putting a message out on live to a bunch of the regulars.  If you're still looking for one try to register on those forums.  I didn't respond in any threads or anything, just registered.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 8:04:01 AM EDT
[#43]
I'll probably be on for a while tonight as my work is done.  I sent Vern and D a friend request.

GT: Parliaments
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 8:52:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Vern I think you are forgetting who You are.  Your fan club(composed entirely of little boys) probably has thousands of threads about your greatness on that site.  When the staff saw that "The BigVern" joined they had no choice but to give you a code.

BTW I get my 360 back today, and I have a code so be ready whore!!!!!!

NORUS
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:27:59 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
(composed entirely of little boys)

And AKTactical.  

Fucker.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Does anyone know if the beta will be updated before the release date?

I'll be on tonight if any of you pole-smokers want to play. I didn't see anybody on the last two nights.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:48:26 AM EDT
[#47]
height=8
Quoted:

I'll be on tonight if any of you pole-smokers want to play. I didn't see anybody on the last two nights.

i don't know what you mean by updating.  usually the beta is right before the actual release.  it used to be that they would let people test it and then they would tweak it a little based on feedback.  

the only problem is that they have the interface and game mechanics down pretty well.  what the game seems to lack is a certain level of polish that cod4 has.  

also, i know they wanted to make this game look more gritty, so there's a lot more browns and drab greens.  i don't understand that, i think they should just make it look realistic.  if a light jungle setting is supposed to have vibrantly colored greens, then put in that color.  don't make it drab just because you want it to have a certain feel.  

unfortunately, i don't think there's really anything they can do about that in a month, but who know, i'm not a game designer.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 10:12:26 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i don't know what you mean by updating.  usually the beta is right before the actual release.  it used to be that they would let people test it and then they would tweak it a little based on feedback.  

the only problem is that they have the interface and game mechanics down pretty well.  what the game seems to lack is a certain level of polish that cod4 has.  

also, i know they wanted to make this game look more gritty, so there's a lot more browns and drab greens.  i don't understand that, i think they should just make it look realistic.  if a light jungle setting is supposed to have vibrantly colored greens, then put in that color.  don't make it drab just because you want it to have a certain feel.  

unfortunately, i don't think there's really anything they can do about that in a month, but who know, i'm not a game designer.

I guess I should have asked if we would get any more content for the beta before the release. My bad.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I was talking with some guys on the beta this morning and they said that COD4 was the same way with its beta.  I'm guessing the finished product will be of a better quality.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 11:54:13 AM EDT
[#50]
I thought the CoD4 beta was a good representation of the final game imo. You're right though, the colors are kind of weird, and some of the textures are wash out. Makin looks amazing though. Castle, not so amazing.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top