Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 6:25:49 AM EDT
[#1]
In before the anti death penatly crowd...
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 6:27:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sowell is a registered sex offender and spent 15 years in prison for rape.

I read on ARFCOM that such people have paid their debt to society and should be given back all the rights everybody else has.

I really doubt that was ever said, much less seconded, regarding a violent sex crime.  

Actually, yes it was. Quite often as a mattter of fact.

Actually the popular sentiment here is that if they are still dangerous dont let them out.  if they can be let out then they should have rights restored.  You have never heard anyone defend a sex offender on this site so stop trolling.

Yes it has.  Do your own research.  This place is full of idiots and  sex offenders get defended too. The old "He was just pissing behind a dumpster" line of bullshit.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 6:27:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't wish this on anyone BUT If there had to be "victims" I always hope it's the family members of the Judges, Lawyers, and bleeding heart liberals that think these monsters can be "rehabilitated".

There is only one cure for sex offenders.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 6:42:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 6:49:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is only one cure for sex offenders.

Yep.  A long drop on a short rope.

As always, short, succinct and to the pont. Also correct.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 6:52:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read on ARFCOM that such people have paid their debt to society and should be given back all the rights everybody else has.

Ummm, no. Your interpretation is cherry picking the sarcasm right out of such posts, which is obviously that they should not be let out to begin with.

Really? You know what I read do you?

Every thread about whether felons should have the right to own firearms, there will be some, even many, here who say exactly what I said they said. Same goes with threads about sex offender databases.

Stick around newb and read before you make such statements.

Yep, many of us think that if you're let out you should be trusted.
This in no way implies that many sex offenders should be let out.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 6:57:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it has.  Do your own research.  This place is full of idiots and  sex offenders get defended too. The old "He was just pissing behind a dumpster" line of bullshit.

I would disagree on that. Most of those 'defenders' are objecting to the registry itself, not a violent offender. However, one case out of thousands does not make the system incorrect.

The vast, vast, vast majority of those on the registry more than deserve to be there. A simple search of the registry in your area and drill down to the offence shows this.

I am with OP on the punishment.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 6:57:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Double tap
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:06:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Creepy. His picture needs to be plastered on every newspaper and television. This guy needs to be, well, we'll just go with off the streets.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:35:55 AM EDT
[#10]
One of these days.......this society will come to its senses and TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS!!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:01:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:58:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Get it straight in your head......15 years in prison for rape is not paying your debt to society....if the time fits the crime then rights should be restored...wake up...
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 9:07:00 AM EDT
[#13]
...frequently sports a mustache...

Seriously trivial but, did anyone else find the journalists choice of wording a bit odd there?  Homicidal maniac rapist... with a sporty mustache!

Sport
1 a : to amuse oneself : frolic <lambs sporting in the meadow> b : to engage in a sport
2 a : to mock or ridicule something b : to speak or act in jest : trifle
3 [2sport] : to deviate or vary abruptly from type (as by bud variation) : mutatetransitive verb 1 : to display or wear usually ostentatiously : boast <sporting expensive new shoes>
2 [2sport] : to put forth as a sport or bud variation
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 9:21:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So once again I ask, why do we continue to let these people live among us?   When is society going to realize these people CANNOT be rehabilitated?

Quoted:
Quoted:
One of these days.......this society will come to its senses and TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS!!!

There was a time.......

I once saw a picture of a gallows that was built on the grounds of the courthouse in our County.  The story was that a guy committed murder and was arrested.  He was tried the next week, and hung a couple of days later.

If criminals knew for sure, that if you murder someone, two week later you would be hung, it would give them "pause".

Ecclesiastes 8:11  Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

That's been my argument for years to people who say the death penalty does not work to deter people.  News flash: The death penalty does not work as deterrent because no one dies!  Not quick enough, or painfully enough anyway.  I'm with you, Painless.  If these people were executed quickly, and they knew they would not spent 30 years on death row with appeals, I'd like to think they would reconsider their actions.  Then again, criminals are not the most logical people.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 9:24:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
...frequently sports a mustache...

Seriously trivial but, did anyone else find the journalists choice of wording a bit odd there?  Homicidal maniac rapist... with a sporty mustache!

Sport
1 a : to amuse oneself : frolic <lambs sporting in the meadow> b : to engage in a sport
2 a : to mock or ridicule something b : to speak or act in jest : trifle
3 [2sport] : to deviate or vary abruptly from type (as by bud variation) : mutatetransitive verb 1 : to display or wear usually ostentatiously : boast <sporting expensive new shoes>
2 [2sport] : to put forth as a sport or bud variation

It's Cleveland news......

for further explanation see this thread
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 10:01:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Anthony Sowell Found, In Custody

POSTED: 9:59 pm EDT October 29, 2009
UPDATED: 1:39 pm EDT October 31, 2009

CLEVELAND –– The manhunt for a convicted rapist is over. Police took Anthony Sowell in custoday just after noon Saturday.

A citizen called police after seeing Sowell on Manor Avenue.

Police responded and found Sowell walking a block away on Mt. Auburn. Sowell was arrested without incident.

Cleveland police said they found 6 decomposing bodies in his home on Imperial Avenue.

Police said the department's sex crime unit was serving a sexual assault warrant for Sowell at the home Thursday night when they discovered the bodies.

The coroner's office is still attempting to establish age, race and gender of the decedents and to affix manner and cause of death.

Forensics teams and a cadaver dog were brought to the home and found signs of human remains in the basement, police said.

Police said Sowell was wanted in connection with an attack on a female that occurred at the Imperial Avenue home on Sept. 26.

Police said Sowell invited the victim over for beers and then tried to rape her.

Sowell is a registered sex offender and spent 15 years in prison for rape. He wears eyeglasses and frequently wears a mustache and occasionally a beard. He is known to walk the streets "scrapping" and frequents area scrap metal yards.

A neighbor told NewsChannel5 that she picked Sowell up from his sister's house Thursday night and was driving him back to his house when they noticed the police activity. The neighbor said Sowell told her to let him out of the vehicle at that point and then took off.

Another neighbor said that for several months he had noticed a strong odor in the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 10:25:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummm, no. Your interpretation is cherry picking the sarcasm right out of such posts, which is obviously that they should not be let out to begin with.

Every thread about whether felons should have the right to own firearms, there will be some, even many, here who say exactly what I said they said. Same goes with threads about sex offender databases.

FAIL.

You fail to comprehend what people in every such thread have consistantly said:  if an individual is still a danger, they should be kept in prison rather than released. Those who are not a danger and have served their time should be allowed their human rights & Constitutional right.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 10:28:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Anthony Sowell Found, In Custody

POSTED: 9:59 pm EDT October 29, 2009
UPDATED: 1:39 pm EDT October 31, 2009

CLEVELAND –– The manhunt for a convicted rapist is over. Police took Anthony Sowell in custoday just after noon Saturday.

A citizen called police after seeing Sowell on Manor Avenue.

Police responded and found Sowell walking a block away on Mt. Auburn. Sowell was arrested without incident.

Cleveland police said they found 6 decomposing bodies in his home on Imperial Avenue.

Police said the department's sex crime unit was serving a sexual assault warrant for Sowell at the home Thursday night when they discovered the bodies.

The coroner's office is still attempting to establish age, race and gender of the decedents and to affix manner and cause of death.

Forensics teams and a cadaver dog were brought to the home and found signs of human remains in the basement, police said.

Police said Sowell was wanted in connection with an attack on a female that occurred at the Imperial Avenue home on Sept. 26.

Police said Sowell invited the victim over for beers and then tried to rape her.

Sowell is a registered sex offender and spent 15 years in prison for rape. He wears eyeglasses and frequently wears a mustache and occasionally a beard. He is known to walk the streets "scrapping" and frequents area scrap metal yards.

A neighbor told NewsChannel5 that she picked Sowell up from his sister's house Thursday night and was driving him back to his house when they noticed the police activity. The neighbor said Sowell told her to let him out of the vehicle at that point and then took off.

Another neighbor said that for several months he had noticed a strong odor in the neighborhood.

Too bad he was taken alive.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 10:53:01 AM EDT
[#19]
"So sex offenders must register wherever they move so authorities can track them. I've come up with a much more effective way of keeping tabs on rapists: burials!" - Dennis Miller
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:09:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:15:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Where are the ARFCOM members who seem to think violent felons when released from Prison should be able to buy guns because if they are real bad they should be kept locked away anyway?

Anyway, what a fucking ANIMAL. Just put a bullet through his head, like the fucking DOG he is, don't waste our time with keeping him in prison for life.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:21:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you're confused, or trolling.

Those of us who favor logical justice do not favor allowing people so dangerous that they need to be registered out on the streets.

If they're really that dangerous (as this guy clearly was), why is he free? Sexual predators don't become well.

But, if they are free, then they're free. Half-citizens is a sick joke, for all the reasons I just said above. If you can't be trusted to vote or carry a gun because of your criminal tendencies, then you should be back in the joint.

There, that's not so hard is it?

The problem with the above is simple: SPACE, and the premise that a life sentance for, say, burglary would be 'cruel and unusual'.

In reality, we can't trust *ANY* of them, nor can we keep them all in prison...

Therefore, you have the 'half-way' measure, of rights removal as a component of sentence.....

So then don't say a fucking word when your citizens get killed by rapists set free. It should come as no surprise, nor be a horror....just another perfectly reasonable outcome to a person willing to put sick & dangerous men back on the streets under the watchful eye of a "registration". Boy, that really helped.

If I had my way, they (Sex offenders) would be on death row...

Along with all murders, and all 3-time repeat felons...

Since I don't I want to see them punished as severely as society will allow - which includes no guns/no voting....

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:24:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get it straight in your head......15 years in prison for rape is not paying your debt to society....if the time fits the crime then rights should be restored...wake up...

Where did I ever say this punishment fit the crime there Einstein??

Your statement of "if the time fits the crime then rights should be restored" is meaningless because everyone has a different idea of what that time/punishment should be. Your personal opinion on what that time should be means shit. Our legal system on average defines that time for rapists as a 9.8 year sentence, of which they typically serve 5.4 years. All the crying here about "but but rapists should be locked away for life or executed" is pure fantasy as it never happens in our system (for that crime alone). Get THAT through your head. So the question becomes if they are out, should they be allowed to own guns? There are plenty here that will say yes, citing "God given rights", founding fathers, and such.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:27:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FAIL.

You fail to comprehend what people in every such thread have consistantly said:  if an individual is still a danger, they should be kept in prison rather than released. Those who are not a danger and have served their time should be allowed their human rights & Constitutional right.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

That's what they say is it?

Quoted:
Your understanding is totally flawed. Our legal system is not designed to protect the public, it is designed to punish. If it were designed for protection then we would simply execute murders or automatic life without parole in solitary confinement, child molesters and rapists would be life in prison, we wouldn't even bother with marijuana at all, DWI would be automatic license revocation, etc, etc.

That being said, if you've served your time then you've paid your debt to society as far as I'm concerned.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:53:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really doubt that was ever said, much less seconded, regarding a violent sex crime.  

Actually, yes it was. Quite often as a mattter of fact.

Actually the popular sentiment here is that if they are still dangerous dont let them out.  if they can be let out then they should have rights restored.  You have never heard anyone defend a sex offender on this site so stop trolling.

This....some of you seriously need to practice reading comprehension.

Quoted:
Yep, many of us think that if you're let out you should be trusted.
This in no way implies that many sex offenders should be let out.

This.

Quoted:

Quoted:
Your understanding is totally flawed. Our legal system is not designed to protect the public, it is designed to punish. If it were designed for protection then we would simply execute murders or automatic life without parole in solitary confinement, child molesters and rapists would be life in prison, we wouldn't even bother with marijuana at all, DWI would be automatic license revocation, etc, etc.

That being said, if you've served your time then you've paid your debt to society as far as I'm concerned.

Yup. Thanks for proving that reading comprehension ISN'T your strong suit.... Like so many others here. From the very comment you cited and highlighted in red so you can read it a few more times so it actually sinks in. Many of you are stretching and pulling out of context comments made regarding felon's and their rights once let out of prison. In EVERY thread I have read, the context has included that today, nearly EVERYTHING can be a felony to include white collar crime. THOSE are the individuals that people believe should have their firearm arms rights returned to them once released. NOT felons who are rapist, child molesters and DANGEROUS felons who have committed violent crimes. There is a difference.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
<COC Violation>

Don't know what the COC material was but I am sure I agree.

That's signature line material !
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#28]
I was right. It has been two days since this story broke and not one mention on MSNBC, FOX, or CNN of this serial killer.

Since he is not a typical white male serial killer, the media drops it into the great ignored pile of black on black crime.

To prove my point. Here  is a link to search Fox News for the last 7 days and to shows no mention of this case.

http://www.foxnews.com/search-results/search?&q=serial%20killer&daterange=week

Whereas Scott Peterson killed his pregnant wife and FOX News spent months covering the case, this guy raped and killed 6+ people and buried them on his property.

Go figure.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:39:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup. Thanks for proving that reading comprehension ISN'T your strong suit.... Like so many others here. From the very comment you cited and highlighted in red so you can read it a few more times so it actually sinks in. Many of you are stretching and pulling out of context comments made regarding felon's and their rights once let out of prison. In EVERY thread I have read, the context has included that today, nearly EVERYTHING can be a felony to include white collar crime. THOSE are the individuals that people believe should have their firearm arms rights returned to them once released. NOT felons who are rapist, child molesters and DANGEROUS felons who have committed violent crimes. There is a difference.

Funny how some people who criticize other's reading comprehension show so little of it themselves

I think you're the one that needs to reread that quote, in its entirety
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:58:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This is why you don't let them back out into the population.

Exactly.

We don't need to kill them, just throw away the key.  Yes, I think killing them would work too, but there is too much hand-wringing over it so just never let them see the light of day.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#31]

Chief: 4 More Bodies, Skull Found At Imperial Avenue Home
Anthony Sowell Charged With 5 Counts Aggravated Murder

POSTED: 11:53 am EST November 3, 2009
UPDATED: 10:16 pm EST November 3, 2009

CLEVELAND –– Cleveland police Chief Michael McGrath said four more bodies and a skull have been discovered at a Cleveland home on Tuesday, bringing the total number of bodies found to 10.

"It appears that this man had an insatiable appetite that he had to fill," McGrath said.

During a news conference, McGrath said the bodies were discovered in the home's back yard. The skull was found wrapped in a paper bag in a bucket in the basement.

"I would like to believe there is nothing else at the house, but we just won't know until we finish searching," McGrath said.

McGrath said the body count won't be confirmed until they are taken to the coroner's office.

Six other bodies were discovered last week inside the home of 50-year-old Anthony Sowell. He will be arraigned in court Wednesday on five counts of aggravated murder, rape, felonious assault and kidnapping.

A forensic team and detectives started digging Tuesday morning at the Imperial Avenue home after the street had been closed down.

Detectives from the homicide unit are working with crime scene detectives and Cuyahoga County Coroner's staff in searching the home for evidence. Detectives have been at the scene with cadaver dogs and digging equipment.

McGrath said firefighters will go into the home Wednesday to check walls, floors and ceilings for more evidence.

Investigators searched abandoned structures Tuesday that were within a 1/4 mile of Sowell's Imperial Avenue home. The search will be expanded another 1/4 mile on Wednesday.

Sowell was arrested Saturday after the badly decomposing bodies were found in his home.

The Cuyahoga County Coroner's Office said six of the victims were female and five of the six were strangled. The decomposition has made it difficult to determine how one victim died, spokesman Powell Caesar said.

None of the victims has been identified, but the coroner said the six bodies are all African-American.

McGrath said there was a dedicated team of investigators going over missing persons reports. Once the bodies are identified, families will be notified.

"I would not be surprised that there weren’t missing persons on some of these people," McGrath said.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top