Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 6:40:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe it got damaged and they are trying to 'reconstruct' it....  
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 9:43:25 AM EDT
[#2]
At last.  Haven't even looked at it yet.  

http://www.scribd.com/doc/93680081/Hearing

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 9:56:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Can we run a candidate for President who has dismantling the ATF on his to-do list please?
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 4:12:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Just had a chance to read this....

MR. SANDERS: The request for Henthorn material for Vazquez, Your Honor. I haven't received ––
THE COURT: Okay. A response is to Henthorn and if there is any information, then you are to comply with the requirements of Henthorn.
MS. LEMKE: Yes, Your Honor.

what is henthorn you ask????  

http://openjurist.org/931/f2d/29/united-states-v-henthorn

Prior to trial, Henthorn's counsel moved the district court to order the prosecution "to produce the personnel files of all law enforcement witnesses whom it intends to call at the trial ... for evidence of perjurious conduct or other like dishonesty, in camera, to determine if those portions of the officers' personnel files ought to be made available to defense counsel for impeachment purposes." The government, in opposition to the motion, stated that it had no obligation to examine the personnel files absent a showing by the defendant that they contained information material to his defense. The district court denied Henthorn's discovery motion on the ground that defendant failed to make a showing of materiality, concluding that the defendant has the obligation of identifying a specific wrongdoing before receiving an in camera inspection of the files.

In United States v. Cadet, 727 F.2d 1453 (9th Cir.1984), we set forth the procedure the prosecution must follow when confronted with a request by a defendant for the personnel files of testifying officers. We stated that the government must "disclose information favorable to the defense that meets the appropriate standard of materiality.... If the prosecution is uncertain about the materiality of information within its possession, it may submit the information to the trial court for an in camera inspection and evaluation...." Id. at 1467-68. As we noted in Cadet, the government has a duty to examine personnel files upon a defendant's request for their production. See id. at 1467. Absent such an examination, it cannot ordinarily determine whether it is obligated to turn over the files.

I read b/t the lines in the transcript.  She didn't say there was no henthorn material, only that she would comply with the request.... draw your own conclusions.

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 4:15:16 PM EDT
[#5]
also,

MS. LEMKE: Your Honor, there's something else I
23 would like to put on the Court's radar and it has to do with
24 the discovery letters that defense counsel are filing with the
25 Court as an exhibit.

MS. LEMKE: And, Your Honor, one of the reasons why I
21 wanted to put it on the Court's radar is asking that the
22 discovery letters just be e-mailed and mailed rather than
23 posted as an exhibit is currently there is a blog that is ––
24 has posted portions of the letter that Mr. Sanders wrote onto
25 their website talking about this case.

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
also,

MS. LEMKE: Your Honor, there's something else I
23 would like to put on the Court's radar and it has to do with
24 the discovery letters that defense counsel are filing with the
25 Court as an exhibit.

MS. LEMKE: And, Your Honor, one of the reasons why I
21 wanted to put it on the Court's radar is asking that the
22 discovery letters just be e-mailed and mailed rather than
23 posted as an exhibit is currently there is a blog that is ––
24 has posted portions of the letter that Mr. Sanders wrote onto
25 their website talking about this case.

The light, it burns!
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 5:27:34 PM EDT
[#7]
cockroaches scatter at the hint of light
Link Posted: 6/22/2012 3:15:40 PM EDT
[#8]
http://www.scribd.com/doc/97973987/Motion-to-Extend-Time

Defendant, Lorren Kalish, through undersigned counsel, respectfully requeststhis Court to extend the time for filing pretrial motions from Friday, June 22, 2012until Friday, July 20, 2012. The basis for this request is that on June 18, 2012 theGovernment disclosed 14 pages of discovery, a narrative report that discusses thecontent of a meeting conducted by and between a co-defendant, his counsel and theGovernment. As a direct consequence of this recent disclosure, Mr. Kalish needsadditional time to assess the information contained therein.

hmmmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 6/22/2012 3:31:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Ha. Maybe Hope McAllister is in those new docs.
Link Posted: 6/23/2012 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Meant to post this one a couple weeks ago...
Gun Trouble

Arizona machine-gun probe prompts dispute over seized Maryland gun collection

By Van Smith

PUBLISHED: JUNE 6, 2012

It’s been nearly seven years since 58-year-old auto mechanic and gun collector David Bord made a purchase that has caused him no end of grief: a Hatton Industries machine gun, which he got at the Armory, a gun store near Annapolis, in exchange for 10 pistols and $10,000. What Bord didn’t learn until almost three years later—in spring 2008, when agents of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) visited him—was that the gun was suspected of being part of an allegedly fraudulent gun-registration ring based in Arizona.

In December 2009, as a result of an ATF tip involving Bord’s purchase at the Armory, Baltimore County police raided Bord’s home and business and seized a large part of his gun collection. Bord says they took 25 firearms worth $250,000, nearly all of them 35 to 50 years old, based on a faulty warrant, and that the guns are now in ATF’s possession.

“They said the guns weren’t registered with Maryland or the [United States],” Bord says of the Baltimore County police who took his guns, “but every single one of the guns is—I showed them the paperwork. They know everything is legal, and they still refuse to return them. Every single one of them is legal and registered, but the idiots still won’t back down.”

Bord’s ongoing efforts to have the guns returned to him include a lawsuit against Baltimore County, which is scheduled for trial in September, having survived the county’s attempt last year to have it dismissed. In addition, Bord says he asked the Maryland U.S. Attorney’s Office to file a federal lawsuit seeking to keep two of the guns, which it did in April; Bord hopes this strategy will mean a federal judge will review the legal issues involved in the guns’ return, and that he will prevail.

Meanwhile, in 2010, Hal Paul Goldstein—the owner of the Armory—and another Maryland licensed firearms dealer, Randolph Benjamin Rodman, were charged in a 39-page, 107-count federal indictment in Arizona, along with four Arizona dealers: George Dibril Clark III, Lorren Marc Kalish, James Patrick Arnberger, and Idan C. Greenberg (“Blunderbusted,” Mobtown Beat, Aug. 5, 2010). The six stand accused of “harvesting” serial numbers from older machine guns made before May 19, 1986, and welding the numbers onto newer machine guns they had manufactured, in order to evade a federal machine-gun ban that prohibits citizens from possessing or transferring machine guns made after 1986.

The Arizona case has been fraught with battles between the government and the defendants, who have claimed prosecutors have not been forthcoming with required disclosures of evidence. During an August 2011 hearing, U.S. District Judge Roslyn O. Silver, after hearing of evidence-sharing problems experienced by the defendants, said, “I’m going to consider dismissing the case” if the issues persist, according to a court transcript. A jury trial is scheduled for August.

The 34 machine guns at issue in the Arizona indictment include the Hatton Industries weapon that Bord purchased from Goldstein, according to court records.

In addition to the Arizona charges, Goldstein was indicted in Maryland federal court in December, charged with unlawful possession of machine guns and firearms. On May 24, Goldstein filed a court notice consenting to having the Maryland case transferred to Arizona, where he intends to plead guilty to a single count of improper firearms record-keeping.

Goldstein’s attorney, Joseph Conte, declined to comment for this article, as did the Maryland U.S Attorney’s Office, whose spokesperson, Marcia Murphy, wrote in an e-mail that “since there is litigation pending, I don’t think we will have comment on either” the criminal charges or the forfeiture case involving Bord’s weapons. Bord, though, is openly indignant about his predicament. As a collector for more than 30 years, he says “my firearms paperwork is beyond reproach,” and he’s aghast that, despite the fact that he produced proof that his weapons were registered with the proper authorities, law enforcers continue to keep his property.

Bord says ATF agents like to say that their agency’s acronym stands for “Always Think Forfeiture,” since taking and keeping people’s guns is an important part of their law-enforcement strategy. (Indeed, a few years ago, ATF suffered a dustup when it ordered Leatherman tools for its trainees inscribed with the words “Always Think Forfeiture,” then recalled the order after a member of Congress complained.)

Bord’s lawsuit against Baltimore County over the seizure of his guns asserts that the two police officers named as defendants—Detective Erik Socha and Cpl. Anthony Kidwell—undertook the raids on Bord’s home and business based on faulty warrants “in order to intimidate” Bord and cause him “economic injury,” but also “for gratuitous sport rather than for proper law-enforcement purposes,” according to court documents. The lawsuit also contends that Socha and Kidwell, when presented with Bord’s firearms paperwork after the raids, said “save it for court,” that the paperwork was “wrong” or “bull___t,” and “words to the effect” that Bord “would never get his property back.”

The county’s filings in the case, meanwhile, say the police and ATF are keeping the weapons while they continue “their investigation to determine if the weapons. . .are a violation of state or federal law.” Bord was accused of a misdemeanor firearms offense in Baltimore County Circuit Court after the raids, but in 2011 prosecutors tabled the charges.

Bord’s wife, Robbin Bord, says “we are law-abiding businesspeople,” but that their experience with the gun seizure “has just about destroyed our faith in our government.” She says that her husband’s seized gun collection “was a significant asset—that was part of our retirement,” and that the government “shouldn’t waste time on going after legal people like us,” but instead “should go after illegals, the people who sell guns out of the back of their car.” She adds that “we are not political,” and that they are not members of any gun-rights group. Collecting “museum-quality pieces” kept “locked in safes” is “my husband’s hobby,” she continues, “and he likes it.”

“I thought it was supposed to be ‘innocent until proven guilty,’” David Bord says, “but in this instance, it’s guilty until proven innocent.”
Link Posted: 6/23/2012 7:41:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Gun Trouble

snip....” She adds that "we are not political,” and that they are not members of any gun-rights group...” snip...

So, how's that working out.  The wife says it like it's "bad" to be politically active or to belong to a Second Amendment rights organization.
Link Posted: 6/23/2012 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/97973987/Motion-to-Extend-Time

Defendant, Lorren Kalish, through undersigned counsel, respectfully requeststhis Court to extend the time for filing pretrial motions from Friday, June 22, 2012until Friday, July 20, 2012. The basis for this request is that on June 18, 2012 theGovernment disclosed 14 pages of discovery, a narrative report that discusses thecontent of a meeting conducted by and between a co-defendant, his counsel and theGovernment. As a direct consequence of this recent disclosure, Mr. Kalish needsadditional time to assess the information contained therein.

hmmmmmmmmmm

Last time I saw Lou,(Before all this ATF bullshit) he was not seeming to be in the best of health. Dealing with the ATF likely did not help him any.

Quoted:
Gun Trouble

Meanwhile, in 2010, Hal Paul Goldstein—the owner of the Armory—and another Maryland licensed firearms dealer, Randolph Benjamin Rodman, were charged in a 39-page, 107-count federal indictment in Arizona, along with four Arizona dealers: George Dibril Clark III, Lorren Marc Kalish, James Patrick Arnberger, and Idan C. Greenberg

Lou had surrendered his license well before any of this.  He'd been out of the NFA business for what I'd say near a decade before the ATF welcome wagon came to visit.

What I witnessed, the ATF actions about parallell what was in the article. They're really resistant to admit they've fucked up, and badly, even when it's obvious they have.

Link Posted: 6/24/2012 5:10:03 AM EDT
[#13]
What kind of machine gun did he purchase? What kind of machine gun did the guys in Arizona "harvest" the serial number from? How was he supposed to tell if a serial number from a sten was put on an MG 34 (or whatever)   If I buy an AR15 from Walmart and it turns out to be stolen am I guilty of possessing stolen property?
Link Posted: 6/24/2012 6:41:47 AM EDT
[#14]

Supposedly Clark was sawing up Macs, and welding their "sideplates" into new made sideplates. That's what the ATF says.  The list looked like mostly Browning beltfeds, some Maxims, and a smattering of other beltfeds.

Trouble is, the ATF then allowed these guns to change hands numerous times. Which means they approved the transfers, numerous times.  Then instead of realizing it's a paperwork error on their part and going after the builder, they loaded the "conspiracy" shotgun and went after anyone who'd owned one of them.

"If I buy an AR15 from Walmart and it turns out to be stolen am I guilty of possessing stolen property?"
With the ATF, you are always assumed guilty.
Link Posted: 6/24/2012 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Supposedly Clark was sawing up Macs, and welding their "sideplates" into new made sideplates. That's what the ATF says.  The list looked like mostly Browning beltfeds, some Maxims, and a smattering of other beltfeds.

Trouble is, the ATF then allowed these guns to change hands numerous times. Which means they approved the transfers, numerous times.  Then instead of realizing it's a paperwork error on their part and going after the builder, they loaded the "conspiracy" shotgun and went after anyone who'd owned one of them.

"If I buy an AR15 from Walmart and it turns out to be stolen am I guilty of possessing stolen property?"

Could some one mill out a slot on a browning sideplate and weld a piece of steel with a serial number on it in such a way as it would go unnoticed?

Just curious. Internet had a story about converting Sten's into Sterlings...

Link Posted: 6/25/2012 10:04:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could some one mill out a slot on a browning sideplate and weld a piece of steel with a serial number on it in such a way as it would go unnoticed?

Just curious. Internet had a story about converting Sten's into Sterlings...

Can't say, the one maxim I saw, I never noticed it. Since the paperwork matched, no real reason for your average owner to tear into a gun.

yeah, the whole tube gun stuff just convolutes things. The ATF really has no hard standard as to where that line is, in regards to that.

Link Posted: 6/25/2012 12:21:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#18]
06/25/2012279 Minute Entry for proceedings held before Magistrate Judge David K Duncan: Change of Plea Hearing as to James Patrick Arnberger held on 6/25/2012. James Patrick Arnberger enters plea of guilty to count SEVENTY-THREE of the Indictment. THE COURT ORDERS the trial date/pending hearings VACATED. Pending motions are rendered moot. Prior release order AFFIRMED. The Court directs the US Probation Office to prepare a Presentence Report.

Appearances: AUSA Kathy Lemke and James Vann for the Government, retained attorney Frederick Petti for defendant. Defendant is present and released. Sentencing set for 9/10/2012 at 2:00 PM in Courtroom 604, 401 West Washington Street, Phoenix, AZ 85003 before Chief Judge Roslyn O Silver. (Recorded by COURTSMART.) This is a TEXT ENTRY ONLY. There is no PDF document associated with this entry. (MMO) (Entered: 06/25/2012)
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 5:32:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 5:34:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
06/25/2012279 Minute Entry for proceedings held before Magistrate Judge David K Duncan: Change of Plea Hearing as to James Patrick Arnberger held on 6/25/2012. James Patrick Arnberger enters plea of guilty to count SEVENTY-THREE of the Indictment. THE COURT ORDERS the trial date/pending hearings VACATED. Pending motions are rendered moot. Prior release order AFFIRMED. The Court directs the US Probation Office to prepare a Presentence Report.

Appearances: AUSA Kathy Lemke and James Vann for the Government, retained attorney Frederick Petti for defendant. Defendant is present and released. Sentencing set for 9/10/2012 at 2:00 PM in Courtroom 604, 401 West Washington Street, Phoenix, AZ 85003 before Chief Judge Roslyn O Silver. (Recorded by COURTSMART.) This is a TEXT ENTRY ONLY. There is no PDF document associated with this entry. (MMO) (Entered: 06/25/2012)

For the legally stupid... please elaborate and explain what the hell this means?  I think I know but I want to see it from you brother.
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 5:38:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the legally stupid... please elaborate and explain what the hell this means?  I think I know but I want to see it from you brother.

James Patrick Arnberger pled guilty.  I posted his plea.  His plea expects he will testify against the others.
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 5:54:52 PM EDT
[#23]

THAT is going to leave a mark!!!
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

THAT is going to leave a mark!!!

yes... yes it is.  i still need to read through the arnberger plea.
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 6:29:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Oh damn, Arnberger claims that the work done by Clark was shoddy and the damned thing barely ran.  No wonder he ratted out Clark.
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Man, Clark must still be bouncing the way Arnsberger threw him under the bus.  

You know, all this shit would be irrelevant if the Hughes Amendment were repealed... or hell, let's nuke the NFA too.
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 6:33:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Oh damn, Arnberger claims that the work done by Clark was shoddy and the damned thing barely ran.  No wonder he ratted out Clark.

But damn! Pleading guilty to no crime.  Sad.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 4:38:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

But damn! Pleading guilty to no crime.  Sad.

This whole thing is just an avenue for BATFE to diminish the number of MG's in private hands.  People better wake the fuck up and start working towards eliminating the NFA and the Hughes Amendment and the ATF's ability to change the rules and institute them post defacto.  Apparently the BATFE recently seized a couple hundred STEN's in Utah under the same guise as they used in the Clark case.  

They aren't going to stop until they can change the rules enough to eliminate the private ownership of MG's under 922 (o) completely.  We have to stop them in their tracks soon and we're going to have to be quite nasty about it so that they get the message.  If they won't cut the crap out, we need to make sure that the litigation leaves a permanent mark on their collective asses.  

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Lets rock and roll!
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 4:47:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Lets rock and roll!

Call me at your leisure tomorrow.  Let's get the standing issue worked out.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lets rock and roll!

Depending on the obamacare decision and contempt, I will prbly be fairly busy. I'll try to holler at you tho.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 4:53:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lets rock and roll!

Depending on the obamacare decision and contempt, I will prbly be fairly busy. I'll try to holler at you tho.

If not, we'll catch up in the next few days.  I've got some ideas I want to roll by ya.
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
yeah, the whole tube gun stuff just convolutes things. The ATF really has no hard standard as to where that line is, in regards to that.

Well, yes, Tech Branch does have some standards re: conversions issued over the years, including permitting the conversion of STEns into Stenlings. First, they look at the design family, and the Sterling definitely was a direct development of the STEn design. Even so, when converting a STEn to a Stenling, you cannot touch the channel for the cocking handle (which varied between the two models and was the legal equivalent of the autosear pin hole on an AR), so Stenlings must use different bolt handles and takedown procedures unique to the hybrid.

In general, though, Tech Branch had an "80 percent" rule –– if the modification retained 80% of the original receiver intact, and the caliber was the same, they would approve letters for them. But if you only retained 79% of the receiver, or changed the caliber, it constituted making a new MG.

Ed Owens was the head honcho of Tech Branch for decades, and he was (a) nonpolitical and (b) logical. His successors started introducing the illogical rulings at the order of their superiors, who had purely political motives. Thus, we started getting illogical rulings like "a shoestring is a machine gun" and contradictory ones like "the Akins Acellerator is not a firearm / oh, wait, yes it is, and it's a machine gun, too."

With Eric Holder and his appointees continuing to issue the marching orders, expect continued illogical and contradictory rulings, issued by the same legal entity which first decides what is illegal, then arrests you for it, and finally prosecutes you.

Sorta like the Spanish Inquisition.

I agree with STEN to Sterling, but what about STEN to MP-40? (Or reasonable facsimilie thereof). Some of the crazy concoctions based on a Stemple tube that are a mix of G3 and PPSH or Soumi?

That's what I meant by convoluting things.

Link Posted: 6/28/2012 3:22:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The Clark maxim a friend had/has  was a real POS.

hadn;t heard about Arhenberger.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 4:52:55 PM EDT
[#35]
06/29/2012287 CONSENT OF DEFENDANT Hal Paul Goldstein AND ORDER OF REFERRAL to Magistrate Judge David K. Duncan for entry of guilty plea. Signed by Chief Judge Roslyn O Silver on 5/25/2012. (MMO) (Entered: 06/29/2012)
06/29/2012288 Minute Entry for proceedings held before Magistrate Judge David K Duncan: Change of Plea Hearing as to Hal Paul Goldstein held on 6/29/2012. Hal Paul Goldstein enters plea of guilty to count ONE HUNDRED FIVE of the Indictment. THE COURT ORDERS the trial date/pending hearings VACATED. Pending motions are rendered moot. Prior release order AFFIRMED. The Court directs the US Probation Office to prepare a Presentence Report.

Appearances: AUSA Kathy Lemke for the Government, retained attorney Joseph Conte for defendant. Defendant is present and released. Sentencing set for 10/9/2012 at 10:00 AM in Courtroom 604, 401 West Washington Street, Phoenix, AZ 85003 before Chief Judge Roslyn O Silver. (Recorded by COURTSMART.) This is a TEXT ENTRY ONLY. There is no PDF document associated with this entry. (MMO) (Entered: 06/29/2012)

another one down.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 4:56:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#37]
The Defendant by and through undersigned counsel, requests the Court to continue
the trial presently set for August 7, 2012 at 9:00 a.m. before the Honorable Roslyn O.
Silver. Discovery is still ongoing in this matter. More specifically, defendants Clark,
Goldstein and Arnberger have recently plead guilty in this matter. With each guilty plea
the Government has issued more discovery. Contemporaneously, with Mr. Arnberger’s
plea of guilty the Government disclosed further reports of investigation detailing a trace
of a firearm to the American Embassy in Mexico.
The Government had never provided
this type of disclosure to defendants in the past and it raises new issues for the remaining
defendants.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/99257551/Greenberg-Motion-to-Continue

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The Defendant by and through undersigned counsel, requests the Court to continue
the trial presently set for August 7, 2012 at 9:00 a.m. before the Honorable Roslyn O.
Silver. Discovery is still ongoing in this matter. More specifically, defendants Clark,
Goldstein and Arnberger have recently plead guilty in this matter. With each guilty plea
the Government has issued more discovery. Contemporaneously, with Mr. Arnberger’s
plea of guilty the Government disclosed further reports of investigation detailing a trace
of a firearm to the American Embassy in Mexico.
The Government had never provided
this type of disclosure to defendants in the past and it raises new issues for the remaining
defendants.

F&F?
Link Posted: 7/7/2012 4:02:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Wow, Rabbit hole express.
Link Posted: 7/7/2012 4:07:39 PM EDT
[#40]
"With each guilty plea the Government has issued more discovery"

What the fuck, over?  Am I the only one that sees the problem with this? In a case where a lot of the problems have been with the government not turning over it's evidence, or turning over reams of bullshit?
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 9:17:24 AM EDT
[#41]
I'll just leave this here.....

http://www.scribd.com/doc/99921857/294-Gov-Non-Oppose-Continuance

"Included in the disclosure were statements from an ancillary witness who was interviewed about one of the co-defendant’s statements. The United States provided a copy of a separate, and unrelated, investigative report for this ancillary witness. This separate investigative report contained a tracing report for a firearm that the ancillary witness purchased and that was later recovered in Mexico. This recovered firearm is not related to, nor is it relevant to, the defendants, their conduct, or their charges."
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 11:42:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'll just leave this here.....

http://www.scribd.com/doc/99921857/294-Gov-Non-Oppose-Continuance

"Included in the disclosure were statements from an ancillary witness who was interviewed about one of the co-defendant’s statements. The United States provided a copy of a separate, and unrelated, investigative report for this ancillary witness. This separate investigative report contained a tracing report for a firearm that the ancillary witness purchased and that was later recovered in Mexico. This recovered firearm is not related to, nor is it relevant to, the defendants, their conduct, or their charges."

Sooooo, they just threw in an unrelated report for S&G??
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 12:28:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Or...... To throw the case against the remaining defendants? A poison pill?

Either way, was that gun tht was recovered part of fast & furious?  Is the ancillary witness a CI?
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 4:18:41 PM EDT
[#44]
07/11/2012299 ORDER granting 291 Motion to Continue Trial and Pretrial Motions Deadline filed as to Idan C Greenberg (6). Jury Trial reset for 10/2/2012 at 08:30 AM in Courtroom 604, 401 West Washington Street, Phoenix, AZ 85003 before Chief Judge Roslyn O Silver. Pretrial Motions due 9/7/2012. Order to Continue Trial applies to all defendants set for trial. Signed by Chief Judge Roslyn O Silver on 7/11/12.(CLB) (Entered: 07/11/2012)

07/16/2012301 TEXT ONLY ORDER Adopting Magistrate Judge Findings and Recommendations 290 upon a plea of guilty as to Hal Paul Goldstein: On 6/29/2012, Magistrate Judge David K. Duncan filed "Findings and Recommendation of the Magistrate Judge Upon a Plea of Guilty." The Findings recommended to the District Court to accept the Defendant's plea of guilty, subject to this Court's acceptance of the Plea Agreement. Having reviewed this matter de novo, and no objections having been filed pursuant to 28 USC § 636(b)(1), the Court accepts the recommendation of the magistrate judge. Accordingly, THE COURT ORDERS the Defendant's plea of guilty ACCEPTED. THE COURT FURTHER ORDERS that the plea agreement will not be accepted or rejected at this time, but will be deferred to the time of sentencing. ORDERED BY THE COURT 7/16/2012. This is a TEXT ENTRY ONLY. There is no PDF document associated with this entry. (CLB) (Entered: 07/16/2012)

07/24/2012302  MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release to permit travel to Rodanthe, North Carolina for family vacation by Hal Paul Goldstein. (Attachments: # 1 Text of Proposed Order)(Conte, Joseph) (Entered: 07/24/2012)

07/26/2012303 Supplemental MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release by Hal Paul Goldstein. (Conte, Joseph) (Entered: 07/26/2012)
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 4:34:03 PM EDT
[#45]
WTF

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 4:36:01 PM EDT
[#46]
just the latest docket entries.  motion to continue was granted to the defendants where the .gov produced documents that said 'oh look here is an ancillary witness that we found where some of  his shit was traced to mexico"

that's about it
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 1:36:10 AM EDT
[#47]
08/02/2012309  MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release by Idan C Greenberg. (Tate, Loyd) (Entered: 08/02/2012)

08/02/2012311  MOTION to Continue Trial by Idan C Greenberg. (Attachments: # 1 Text of Proposed Order)(Tate, Loyd) (Entered: 08/02/2012)

08/07/2012312 ORDER granting 311 Motion to Continue Trial and Pretrial Motions Deadline filed as to Idan C Greenberg (6). Jury Trial reset for 10/23/2012 at 08:30 AM in Courtroom 604, 401 West Washington Street, Phoenix, AZ 85003 before Chief Judge Roslyn O Silver. Pretrial motions due 9/14/2012. Order to Continue Trial and Pretrial Motions Deadline applies all defendants set for trial. Signed by Chief Judge Roslyn O Silver on 8/7/12.(CLB) (Entered: 08/07/2012)

08/10/2012318 TEXT ONLY ORDER as to Idan C Greenberg re 309 MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release - IT IS ORDERED the Government shall file a Response to Defendant's Motion to Modify no later than 8/17/2012. Defendant shall file a Reply no later than 8/22/2012. A Motion Hearing is set for 8/27/2012 at 10:30 AM in Courtroom 604, 401 West Washington Street, Phoenix, AZ 85003 before Chief Judge Roslyn O Silver. This is a TEXT ENTRY ONLY. There is no PDF document associated with this entry. (CLB) (Entered: 08/10/2012)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/103117836/Notice-of-Claim

Link Posted: 9/12/2012 7:40:29 PM EDT
[#49]

Seems reasonable to me.  Thanks again for the docs.

Link Posted: 9/14/2012 5:59:16 PM EDT
[#50]
motion to dismiss for outrageous conduct:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/105963156/Motion-to-Dismiss-Outrageous

and a bad ass full on motion to suppress evidence.... holy shit.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/105963162/Motion-to-Suppress-Evidence

Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top