User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:26:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FF had a very cool add-on that would load the next page of a forum.  As you scrolled down, it would load the 3rd page, etc.  

Is anything like that available for Chrome?

Autopager.

It works very well.

Hmmmm  that sounds handy.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Chrome is good, but they need the standard bookmark and file features.  It's hidden

I like Chrome, but I also agree with Chaingun.
IMO, that's one of the things that need tweaking.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:27:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

IE9 is sufficient for anyones browsing needs.

A Yugo is sufficient for anyones driving needs.

And a Yugo would look hot and appropriate with a Firefox logo sticker on it. But for the vast majority of PC users out there IE is the way to be. Secure, fast, stable, easy to use...other than some misguided sense of sticking it to 'M$', whats not to like?
You had me going there.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#4]
A few of the tech guys I talk to online have been saying good things about the IE8 looking pretty cool. Personally at home I run chrome and at work I installed FF portable. IE is just painful to use anymore.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:43:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And a Yugo would look hot and appropriate with a Firefox logo sticker on it. But for the vast majority of PC users out there IE is the way to be. Secure, fast, stable, easy to use...other than some misguided sense of sticking it to 'M$', whats not to like?

You CAN'T be fucking serious.

Fucking serious, friend.

Unless a person counts to potato and deletes DLLs to speed up their system, IE9 will work more than fine for them. The days of IE5 are way behind us, you know.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:30:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll stick with FF........................anything Google has a taint about it!!!

Quoted for truth.

Do no evil.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:57:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FF had a very cool add-on that would load the next page of a forum.  As you scrolled down, it would load the 3rd page, etc.  

Is anything like that available for Chrome?

Autopager.

It works very well.

Hmmmm  that sounds handy.  

i was looking for something similar, works nice.

anyone know if there's a java plug-in for chrome? i do a lot of video-web conferences with gotomeeting and i always need to use either FF or IE

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:58:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

IE is a giant piece of absolute dog shit.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:00:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Ugh, why?

It's up there with Safari for me.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:02:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You CAN'T be fucking serious.

Fucking serious, friend.

Unless a person counts to potato and deletes DLLs to speed up their system, IE9 will work more than fine for them. The days of IE5 are way behind us, you know.

I don't have any problem with the new breed of IE for normal users.  I love my adBlock, NoScript, BetterPrivacy and other plugins too much to switch to Chrome, however.  Still sitting on FF4 though, because I'm not willing to reconfigure everything every 2 months when Mozilla feels that their version number is inadequate.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:25:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

IE is none of those things.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:42:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm in the process of extracting myself from the GOOGLE information harvesting machine.  

For that reason, I'll never use Chrome.

I have the "scroogle" search app in Firefox, and it works great.   I lose out on google image searches, but that's not a big deal.

Next month I'll have almost all my email on my bank accounts, credit cards, etc., etc., etc., switched from gmail to  LUXSCI webmail.

The commercialization of our private information and surfing habits is "a bad thing" and I'm not supporting it.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:47:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you did something wretched to your machine, sure. IE might not perform optimally. But on decent hardware, with a non-'optimized' OS, it'll run more than fine.

I played with Chrome, and its OK, but nothing special. FF is fine for people who think addons are a valid substitute for a good core browser, but other than that, unimpressive. There is just no good reason to not use IE on a Windows machine.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:50:06 AM EDT
[#14]
If FireFox could fix its memory issues, i'd stay with it.

I have 8GB of RAM on my Laptop and it sucks up about 600MB-1GB on the regular.

Absolutely unacceptable. I've been on Chrome for awhile. Not 100% happy with it, but it doesn't suck up memory like FF.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:56:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you did something wretched to your machine, sure. IE might not perform optimally. But on decent hardware, with a non-'optimized' OS, it'll run more than fine.

I played with Chrome, and its OK, but nothing special. FF is fine for people who think addons are a valid substitute for a good core browser, but other than that, unimpressive. There is just no good reason to not use IE on a Windows machine.

Meh, what do I know.  I left IE behind years ago, and the last time I tried using it on computer, it looked like a half-assed imitation of FF.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:56:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Used Opera back in the late 90s.  Got sick of it and went back to Navigator.  Went back to IE around the time Mozilla was open sourced.  Stayed with IE until hmm... FF 2, been there ever since.  Played with Chrome, didn't like it.  Same with Safari.

These days it's FF for everything except OWA, because IE owns at OWA.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:01:17 AM EDT
[#17]
So does Chrome have the equivalent of AdBlock, FlashBlock, NoScript, and Linkification?  I would consider switching to a better browser if it had those necessities.  Well, maybe Linkification isn't a necessity, but it is nice.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:10:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So does Chrome have the equivalent of AdBlock, FlashBlock, NoScript, and Linkification?  I would consider switching to a better browser if it had those necessities.  Well, maybe Linkification isn't a necessity, but it is nice.

Don't know about Linkification, but both FF4+ and Chrome have a builtin feature where you can highlight a text url and the right-click context menu will include an option to open it in a new tab.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:17:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Chrome for me for the past year.  Firefox has grown into a bloated piece of shit.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:21:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I've switched to Chrome as well.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:31:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Fuck Chrome. It's a virus or trojan. I haven't even googled, downloaded or installed it, and I occasionally get some Chrome script that locks up my laptop.

I hope all the Chrome developers get cancer of the taint.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:35:03 AM EDT
[#22]
get back to me when chrome can implement google bookmarks.  i am wondering why google's own damn browser doesnt support their own damn bookmarking system.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:36:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
IE9 is sufficient for anyone who wants to rip their hair out because of viruses.

FIFY.

I had more virus issues with IE than with FF or Safari.  

And yes, I run Safari on a Windows machine.  Cause that's how I roll.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:38:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Fuck Chrome. It's a virus or trojan. I haven't even googled, downloaded or installed it, and I occasionally get some Chrome script that locks up my laptop.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:41:53 AM EDT
[#25]
I use Opera 10 at home, IE 8 at work and whenever there's a site that doesn't work well with Opera.

I've had FF on my systems for a long time, but I never could warm up to it.    I keep it around for odd jobs.    At work I only load FF when I need to capture http headers, or to test something.  At home I have FF set up for my kids to use, so they don't get into any other bookmarks by mistake.

Mostly I like Opera because it's so configurable.  My interface looks about the same as it did back on Opera 2.0, 11 years ago.   There are few things that make me rage more than developers arbitrarily changing the location of things around for no good reason.   I'd rather keep things the way I'm used to, even if they are marginally "less efficient."
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:43:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Switched to Chrome when it was first released and I immediately realized it was superior to Firefox.

I love it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:50:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Chrome is good, but they need the standard bookmark and file features.  It's hidden

Probably my only complain. Otherwise, clearly superior browser.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:52:29 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

For the life of me I just can't get myself to dig Chrome.

Same here. The lack of real ad blocking sucks. The Chrome extension API is fucking weak. The preferences are dumbed down and there are a lot of useful options missing.  

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:16:11 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably my only complain. Otherwise, clearly superior browser.

i agree, reason why i got back and forth between ff and chrome.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:26:57 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:31:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm in the process of extracting myself from the GOOGLE information harvesting machine.  

For that reason, I'll never use Chrome.

I have the "scroogle" search app in Firefox, and it works great.   I lose out on google image searches, but that's not a big deal.

Next month I'll have almost all my email on my bank accounts, credit cards, etc., etc., etc., switched from gmail to  LUXSCI webmail.

The commercialization of our private information and surfing habits is "a bad thing" and I'm not supporting it.

That's why I don't use it, but I am curious to hear more about scroogle and that luxsci email thing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:39:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

IE runs with no problems here on a variety of machines.

I use Google (grudgingly) for search and for a few other things, and stuff from different vendors also.

I'm not crazy about the idea of integrating everything I do online under the umbrella of one outfit, be it Google, MS, or whoever.

YMMV
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:42:43 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

For the life of me I just can't get myself to dig Chrome.

I've tried more than once.  It seems the least compatible web browser available.  Chrome seems to have a lot of trouble with older MS-based web servers.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top